PS3 Is too Hot.

Sin-City-Big-Boy

Hello, community. I just turn on my PS3 and got a massage saying " Your PS3 is too hot, turn it off" at the top right corner. Before I even got a chance too turn it off the whole system went down. I heard a big ass boom noise once the system turn on but thought it was something falling behind it. Is my system goona die "( soon? It's a 80GB plays PS1 and PS2 games. It still turn on but I can't get it too stay on. Plenty of room for the vents and it's cool in my room.

Edited by Sin-City-Big-Boy

I'd say give it an hr or so. I had the same problem. it would freeze mid game and then it would turn off. 30 mins later I had ylod. give it time and hope

Dammit! The damn nosie was the fan blowing out. When I start the system the fan does not even come on. I waited 20mins aleast for to restart it. That was the big boom from the back. I don't how it happen but it sure not coming on me anymore. :mad:

Dammit! The damn nosie was the fan blowing out. When I start the system the fan does not even come on. I waited 20mins aleast for to restart it. That was the big boom from the back. I don't how it happen but it sure not coming on me anymore. :mad:

UH if you can get it on back saves up in case it does die. does sound like the fan blowing our

What model do you have? it seems awesome that it gave you a massage when you turned it on ;)

in all seriousness, unplug all the wires and leave it for a couple hours to cool down. if you can move it to a cooler place

and yes, back up your saves just incase.

Edited by TheManUtdFan

What model do you have? it seems awesome that it gave you a massage when you turned it on ;)

in all seriousness, unplug all the wires and leave it for a couple hours to cool down. if you can move it to a cooler place

and yes, back up your saves just incase.

80GB with BC. I give it a shot again, but the fan is seem blown out. Will it come back on even if you leave it off for a while?

oh that sucks does it let u use the xmb or does it shut right off

Nope, it give me like 1min then it shut down. I back most of my stuff already so I'm cool on that.

I hate the fact that these next gen console overheat, the PS2 and PS1 never seemed to have these problems. I recently had to fork out £200 for a new one due to my 60GB dying on me from the YLOD.

Like most of the people said here just leave it to cool and maybe use a tower fan of some sort to blow some cool air toward your PS3.

If your fan is dead, you have two options:

Try to find some way to replace the fan in your current PS3. Buy a fan yourself and install it, send your PS3 away to a service that will replace it for you, something like that.

Or buy a new PS3 and say goodbye to all your saves, because I really doubt a PS3 with no fan would stay on long enough to complete a data transfer. Maybe you could pull it off if you copy a few saves to a USB drive every few hours so it has time to cool by itself if you're lucky.

Like most of the people said here just leave it to cool and maybe use a tower fan of some sort to blow some cool air toward your PS3.
That will absolutely not help. The fan is designed to send the hot air inside the PS3 out of it so the insides don't cook. Blowing a bit of air at the outside of the system isn't going to do a damn thing to keep the inside cool without some major case modifications.

If your fan is dead, you have two options:

Try to find some way to replace the fan in your current PS3. Buy a fan yourself and install it, send your PS3 away to a service that will replace it for you, something like that.

Or buy a new PS3 and say goodbye to all your saves, because I really doubt a PS3 with no fan would stay on long enough to complete a data transfer. Maybe you could pull it off if you copy a few saves to a USB drive every few hours so it has time to cool by itself if you're lucky.

That will absolutely not help. The fan is designed to send the hot air inside the PS3 out of it so the insides don't cook. Blowing a bit of air at the outside of the system isn't going to do a damn thing to keep the inside cool without some major case modifications.

I back up my saves every night so in case something like this happen. But I got question for you. Is it hard to install a PS3 Fan and how long do you think they will last? Amazone got a 15 blade for $20 A local shop wants $60 to do it... Seem like a rip off if you ask me.

Yeah as Clayman said above, it's really not that difficult to disassemble the unit itself, but what you need to be careful with is all of the screws you will be taking out (and remembering where they go when replacing) and basically putting everything back in it's proper place.

Also, sorry to hear about your PS3. That sucks :(

Edited by jnaze2
Added Last Line

put it in a fridge. i had to do that with my ps2 back in the days.:rolleyes:

Funny part was I was thinking the samething. But for some reason I didn't want to freeze anything else in there. :cool: Yeah, I might as well give this shop my last $60 just for them to fix a damn fan. Hopefully my system don't died anytime soon after this. YLOD is calling my name after this.

ouch that must suck, and the ylod really does suck, my ps3 went through it 4 times then it just wouldnt work, my fan though was already melting when I opened it up the last time. and it's not repairing it that is hard but finding one of those fans. it's not your average fan if u catchy drift. I had to buy a new one and lost all my data, fortunately for me I only had one game that I really played because I didn't care about the rest and the important part was online so I got lucky.... kinda, if u catch my drift

Sorry, I should of updated it. I fix the system. The fan was spinning but it would stop after a few seconds. I went in the back of system and unplug the fan from the sytem. Then, I put it back in. For some reason it started working again.. Idk why but all I know is it fine now.

I got this overheating problem while playing Mafia II. The PS3 went berserk and triggered lvl 99 cooling stage. I had to turn off the damn thing so it didnt explode lol it was making more noise that my table fan on max. To fix this i made a custom cooler that i ll post a picture when i get home. It does wonders.