Scraps in The Caverns

stitches

Note: There will be spoilers for the level The Caverns.

Alright, I've seen a couple posts about this in various places, but my situation is a little different and I'm hoping that in the event it's a glitch another thread means another chance for the devs to notice the problem.

Anyways, I'm ridiculously close to platting the game as of earlier today, but three scraps are standing in the way of this. More specifically, three scraps in The Caverns. I swear, this made me hate this level so much, I've been playing through it over and over, I've got the two scraps right at the start, and I'm pretty sure there are a couple areas where I can hear a scrap but don't see one. Hell I even stole any would-be-kills from the Wendigos in the event that the scraps weren't counting because the Wendigos were killing them. I went the extra mile and manually killed the mass of scraps when you're going to free the baby Wendigo (Did anyone else guess it was a baby Wendigo? :D) instead of using the back panel. Also, I'm not sure if it was The Caverns but I remember in one level a scrap got glitched and wouldn't jump down from a platform thing, but I was eventually able to kill it.

The difference between mine and most other people's issue with scraps in The Caverns is that it seems most people miss only one scrap when it starts to glitch, but I'm missing three! Hopefully this means I'm just blind, but I've searched the level countless times and I can't see any, can anyone think of easy-to-miss (Or just miss-able in general, minus the two at the start of course) scraps in this level?

I absolutely loved this game and the ending was great (Even if looking through the damn trophies sort of spoiled the end for me. Yeah, talking about the trophy title "You have 1 new message." That shit should be a hidden trophy, I can only imagine what my reaction to seeing that for the first time upon completion of the game would have been like x.x), but if this goes on for too long I'm not gonna be leaving the game with fond memories...

I'm not sure about three, but I can help with one that I know I missed the first two times through. There is supposed to be a scrap going back and forth between the two pipes where you have to blow the one valve wheel before proceeding to the next part. It took me three level replays before it finally appeared for me. My other suggestion is the two spring scraps that appear at the part where you can press square or X to have the blocks push you down. Those can be passed without killing them. Good luck in your hunt!

The 'one missing Scrap in The Caverns' glitch occured to me too. Searching for it and replaying the level over and over again didn't fix anything for me.

Then, when I almost gave up, I just talked to the plant that asks you if you want to 'redraw your flame' in that level... and then the gold trophy for beating all the Scraps popped up. Weird glitch, but this definately solved the problem for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank u junkie lab rat!! I also was missing one scrap in the game from the caverns. After a couple times through the level I went and talked to the plant and the trophy popped before I even made another flame and my count was at 155 very weird...thanks for the help

• 1 year later...
I'm not sure about three, but I can help with one that I know I missed the first two times through. There is supposed to be a scrap going back and forth between the two pipes where you have to blow the one valve wheel before proceeding to the next part. It took me three level replays before it finally appeared for me. My other suggestion is the two spring scraps that appear at the part where you can press square or X to have the blocks push you down. Those can be passed without killing them. Good luck in your hunt!

I had a Scrap glitch in the pipe were you have to use the pin wheel to continue. The Scrap was stick in the pipe. :D After like 3 retrys it finally came out. :dance: