Tank of Doom Question

juzam666

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here is the best way I've found to kill the 10 000 tanks.

I'm my opinion it is not worth playing to do that (it's too long).

You need 4 controllers. Make sure they are all fully charged (or plug them).

Make a game in "Battle Mode".

Choose the map "The Tank Launcher" (last map of Pack 5 : Industrial Maps)

Settings :

Don't pick any AI, only players (though you will only control on tank).

No of lives : infinite.

No of players : infinite.

Find a spot where even if you shoot, you won't be move back due to recoil (because of the fire back impulse). Always shoot at the same tank.

In my case, I placed my tank down, in the bottom (middle, slightly right side) of the screen, on the diagonal edge (backslash side) shooting the up-right (north east) tank. The back of the tank that shoots is against the wall. You continously shoot the same tank, no matter how fast you shoot. Now that you have your target, you only need to do that 10 000 times.

Hold the X button and add some elastics on it, to ensure it holds all the time.

Let the game go for a night. You won't see the amount of kill but if you didn't get the rock launcher, it's 500 point a kill. You then need 5 000 000 points.

You will kill one tank per 4 seconds, 15 tanks a minutes. It should take 11.11 hours to do, hopefully less because you probably already killed some.

I haven't tried with the rock launcher (because I already had the trophy), but if it works you could also get "Master Exploder" easily.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just killed 10000 tanks in battle mode by connecting all controlers and using the P1 tank. It took me 3 rounds (3 days) to get 5000000pts (500pts x 10000kills)

1round 2000000pts

2round 2000000pts

3round 1000000pts

But the damn trophy didnt pop!! Why tha hell??? Dont players tanks count?? Does it have to be NPC tanks?? Man Im pissed...

Turtles I did the same method as you I think... Mine popped! Just in case make sure its P1 Destroying P2 or P3 or P4

Oh actually I did mine in one big go! left in running overnight lol... Yeah they might not count once you hit quit game but im only guessing

Edited by UnluckyForSome

Turtles I did the same method as you I think... Mine popped! Just in case make sure its P1 Destroying P2 or P3 or P4

Oh actually I did mine in one big go! left in running overnight lol... Yeah they might not count once you hit quit game but im only guessing

damn... then thats probably it. that sucks! Wasted my time

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just killed 10000 tanks in battle mode by connecting all controlers and using the P1 tank. It took me 3 rounds (3 days) to get 5000000pts (500pts x 10000kills)

1round 2000000pts

2round 2000000pts

3round 1000000pts

But the damn trophy didnt pop!! Why tha hell??? Dont players tanks count?? Does it have to be NPC tanks?? Man Im pissed...

Are you counting that the powerups give you points? If so that might be why it didn't pop..

Anyhoo... I hate this trophy :( 10,000 tanks doesn't sound like that much imo but it really is. I did 4k today and I'm bored as hell >_>

Yeah they might not count once you hit quit game but im only guessing

If you go to options and change auto shoot to on or off it says saving in the corner, do you think this will save your kills as well? Making choosing infinite lives/time and leaving it overnight still a viable option?

Edited by Light-and-magic

Settings :

Don't pick any AI, only players (though you will only control on tank).

No of lives : infinite.

No of players : infinite.

Find a spot where even if you shoot, you won't be move back due to recoil (because of the fire back impulse). Always shoot at the same tank.

In my case, I placed my tank down, in the bottom (middle, slightly right side) of the screen, on the diagonal edge (backslash side) shooting the up-right (north east) tank. The back of the tank that shoots is against the wall. You continously shoot the same tank, no matter how fast you shoot. Now that you have your target, you only need to do that 10 000 times.

Hold the X button and add some elastics on it, to ensure it holds all the time.

Let the game go for a night. You won't see the amount of kill but if you didn't get the rock launcher, it's 500 point a kill. You then need 5 000 000 points.

You will kill one tank per 4 seconds, 15 tanks a minutes. It should take 11.11 hours to do, hopefully less because you probably already killed some.

I haven't tried with the rock launcher (because I already had the trophy), but if it works you could also get "Master Exploder" easily.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot for this!

Just got the (G) and 100% :)

• 2 months later...

Hi.

I'm playing already 3 week (approximately 1-2 hours every day), but at not i don't get the trophy.

If i click "Restart level" after finish the one round in battle mode, is my tanks counter reset?

Ths

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Thank you very much for this hint. Unfortunately, PS Move controllers can't be used for Tank Battles as I had to find out today, and so I couldn't use it verbatim.

Luckily, I found an improved version of this strategy on the Square Triangle Circle Trophy Guide by Marvotwc that only needs two controllers. That guide recommends using Pack 4, map "Hit 'n Run", for a two player Capture the Flag session. A further advantage of using this strategy is that you don't have to do everything in one session, as you can end the match/save your kills anytime by capturing the flag. ;-)

Edited by Hirnforscher

• 2 years later...
What;s that mean? The kills only count in one session or if you quit you lose them?!!?

If you are doing infinite lives and want to leave the session don't quit but rather select "change level." That way the game will save your progress.

You do not need tape, I repeat, you do not need tape. press the :ps: button with :r1: held down! safer, easier, cheaper and less sticky :D

An elastic works as well. ;)