US Release!

Skullz_69

Namco is testing us with Graces F. If Graces F sells well then maybe Xilia and/or Vesperia will also come over for PS3. So basically there won't be any confirmation from Namco until they have determined that Graces F has sold enough copies in America. Just lend your support with Graces F by buying a new copy and let other friends know about it as well that might be interested and just hope Graces F sells well for Namco. Got to show Namco that there are Tales fans here in America.

Bamco is expecting ToGF to sell 3,000,000 copies in two hours. We'll never see Xillia Stateside.

Lol Bamco eh I know its probably a typo but just had to chuckle when i saw it :p

But yea, they just want to sell enough copies to cover the cost of making the game plus yield a revenue, so we could looking at 500k - 2mil (just a est) max for us to even get that glimpse of Xillia coming into our waters.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
if every one on the FB page buys the game at $59.99 they would make over $500,000! lol its probably not much to them but still half a mil man! i just want to play tales again.. soooo manny FPS.. :(

I know what you mean, I've been tempted for a while to import a few jrpg's, across all consoles, for my jrpg fix, lol, I just wish all of these games were imported over here.

• 1 month later...

I'm running around town getting a Graces F buzz going. Hell, I'm going to buy 2 copies of the game new on release.

1 to play, and 1 to keep protected until I can throw it in a time capsule because this just might be the last Tales game sold in the US.

The tales fans begged, bitched, and pleaded for a chance. Now we have it, better make the most of it while Bamco is still looking. Tell your friends! Tell your family! Tell everybody you can!

The more copies sold, the better our chances at more Tales games. Who knows, maybe we could get them to re-release previous games too...

I'm running around town getting a Graces F buzz going. Hell, I'm going to buy 2 copies of the game new on release.

1 to play, and 1 to keep protected until I can throw it in a time capsule because this just might be the last Tales game sold in the US.

The tales fans begged, bitched, and pleaded for a chance. Now we have it, better make the most of it while Bamco is still looking. Tell your friends! Tell your family! Tell everybody you can!

The more copies sold, the better our chances at more Tales games. Who knows, maybe we could get them to re-release previous games too...

I think it's a little too soon to hype Graces F especially when you will have to keep hyping it until 2012. But I believe Abyss 3D is coming out this year, so hype that 1st, and then hype Graces F, or both.

Namco is testing us with Graces F. If Graces F sells well then maybe Xilia and/or Vesperia will also come over for PS3. So basically there won't be any confirmation from Namco until they have determined that Graces F has sold enough copies in America. Just lend your support with Graces F by buying a new copy and let other friends know about it as well that might be interested and just hope Graces F sells well for Namco. Got to show Namco that there are Tales fans here in America.

I have my doubts with ToV ever going domestic. But Xilla is promising if sales of Tales F prove to be noteworthy. So I agree with you Shuffle, one should pre-order, buy new and tell their friends to do so to support Namco. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well if thats what theyre doing they are only looking for an excuse to not release Xilia Stateside, Graces F is a port thats going to be localized ages after its release on a time that ppl will be much more interested in other games and with little to no advertisement, so aside from us here in this thread who realy like JRPGs and the Tales series, and a few more other fans, no one else will buy Graces F.

All I know if they dont localize a game that seen to be as great as Xilia theyre oficialy dumb as a game like that could make wonders to strenghten both the Tales name on the West as well ans Bancos name.

And finaly if Xilia never get localized Im personaly taking a plane to Japan and chocking Nanco/Bandais CEO to death with my own hands :guns:

Edited by Bahamut

And finaly if Xilia never get localized Im personaly taking a plane to Japan and shocking Nanco/Bandais CEO to death with my own hands :guns:

Indeed, they already shipped an extra 100 000 copies after the 500 000 they shipped on release day, obviously they aren't all sold but to my knowledge ToX is on its way to become the most sold Tales of game ever.

They'd be crazy to not capitalize on its success. Mind you, Namco already proven me that they do not want my money. -shrugs-

Well if thats what theyre doing they are only looking for an excuse to not release Xilia Stateside, Graces F is a port thats going to be localized ages after its release on a time that ppl will be much more interested in other games and with little to no advertisement, so aside from us here in this thread who realy like JRPGs and the Tales series, and a few more other fans, no one else will buy Graces F.

All I know if they dont localize a game that seen to be as great as Xilia theyre oficialy dumb as a game like that could make wonders to strenghten both the Tales name on the West as well ans Bancos name.

And finaly if Xilia never get localized Im personaly taking a plane to Japan and shocking Nanco/Bandais CEO to death with my own hands :guns:

Actually, Tales of Graces F hasn't even been out for a year yet in Japan. Besides JRPGs are never advertised in America unless the title starts with Final and ends with Fantasy. The only advertisements pratically every JRPG get in America are like Youtube trailers and maybe like some game website that has at least some interest in JRPGs like Siliconera, Andriasang, etc.

Namco USA's image will never really improve unless America gets any Tales game(which includes ports like Vesperia PS3), any Gundam game, any Macross game, any Haruhi Suzumiya game(except for the ones Sega made), Toradora Portable, etc. But of course if we don't buy the ones they do publish like Graces F, Abyss 3D, etc. as new copies(not used), then well Namco will never localize any game they create in Japan no matter if it's a Tales game or just any of their games from their Japanese branch. Like Namco USA could be like a company who only makes Western games, if their Japanese-created games fail in America.

So basically Xillia or any other Tales game relies on sales of the ones that are localized to have any future Tales game to also be localized and maybe even have them throw us a bone of other titles they made to be released in America as well.

Actually, Tales of Graces F hasn't even been out for a year yet in Japan. Besides JRPGs are never advertised in America unless the title starts with Final and ends with Fantasy. The only advertisements pratically every JRPG get in America are like Youtube trailers and maybe like some game website that has at least some interest in JRPGs like Siliconera, Andriasang, etc.

Namco USA's image will never really improve unless America gets any Tales game(which includes ports like Vesperia PS3), any Gundam game, any Macross game, any Haruhi Suzumiya game(except for the ones Sega made), Toradora Portable, etc. But of course if we don't buy the ones they do publish like Graces F, Abyss 3D, etc. as new copies(not used), then well Namco will never localize any game they create in Japan no matter if it's a Tales game or just any of their games from their Japanese branch. Like Namco USA could be like a company who only makes Western games, if their Japanese-created games fail in America.

So basically Xillia or any other Tales game relies on sales of the ones that are localized to have any future Tales game to also be localized and maybe even have them throw us a bone of other titles they made to be released in America as well.

The only reason why things are the way they are for Final Fantasy and are the completle oposite for the Tales series on the West is because Square strenghtened theyre brand and the FF name here while Nanco Bandai just didnt care. Square localizes everything with Final Fantasy in the title as fast as humanly possible, advertise the game, present it on big games expos, and they do that even when its not one of the numbered entrys or if its a certified piece of trash like FF XIV, Square makes sure people will hear about FF, thats strenghtening a brand.

Naco/Bandai on the other hand blames theyre fans not buying enought games as the reason they dont localize. Tales has the potential to be as big as Star Ocean, Dragon Quest and the Final Fantasy series are in the West, the games are of high quality, all itd take was for Banco to be interesting in strengtening the name of the series here, and they prove again and again that they arent.

I just remebered other 2 examples inteligent strenghtening of brand names on the West,Disgaea and Ys series. Theyre not mainstream, theyre sales numbers are low both West and East but they arent aiming at crazy sales as these games are low budget. The fact is Disgaea 3 sold twice as much on the West as it did in Japan (and for a budget title it sold extremely well in japan) and Ys 7 not counting the digital sales wich are probably high also sold more copies on the West tham it did on the East. Why? Simple, Falcom and NIS invested in localizing and marketing (nothing big but they did market it) a bunch of games from these series, so when a new game on those series get anounced fans are sure they will get localized and start spreading the word to other gamers.

Edited by Bahamut

• 4 weeks later...
You should change this thread's title from ! to ?

Still TBA 2012 right now, but i'm sure it between march to june

TBA 2012 ? And where did you get this sort of information from ? As far as I can tell Graces F has a February 2012 release right now and Xillia has yet to be confirmed for localization.

• 2 months later...

I'd say the odds are actually ok of it getting localized. Most of the mothership titles do get localized eventually, unless it's a special edition for another console or a handheld title.

Also, I hear this is the game they have made to celebrate Tales Anniversary, so that should increase the odds by a little too.

• 2 weeks later...