Tales of... question

TheRealClayman

I read in the guide that the Tales of... games are a series. I'm guessing with Symphonia, Grace etc.

Are these games all linked and should they be played in a particular order or does it matter? I do get I would play Xillia 1 before 2, I just mean in regards to all the Tales of... games. Thanks.

They are unrelated. Playing the other games just helps you understand some of the recurring characters slightly better, but other than that they're all different in terms of story and sometimes even gameplay.

Cool. Thanks for the update. I own Xillia. I see that Symphonia is on a really good sale this week. Are they similar in play? Based on the guides, it seems like there are some similarities.

Cool. Thanks for the update. I own Xillia. I see that Symphonia is on a really good sale this week. Are they similar in play? Based on the guides, it seems like there are some similarities.

Most of the Tales games have very similar gameplay. Symphonia is an older game, so the combat is a little bit restrictive (when compared to Xillia or Graces F), but it is definitely an excellent game. And I think DotNW is also enjoyable, although not quite as good.