can't do linked arte chains

lightdimension1

hey guys , i have real problems to do linked arte chains while in overlimit...

i always do em with jude and milla and have put the right artes on up,right,down,circle and 4 more fitting artes on the same buttons plus L1 of course...now when it comes to the point i only manage to do 2 chains or maybe 3....those who are on up and right....all the other directions dont seem to be registered properly.....i keep the directional button pressed in the direction and keep hammering circle....when the animation of the chain arte is there i change the direction but as i said it only works properly for the first two chains wich are on up and right....is there a special trick or something to make this work?

• 5 weeks later...

I'm having a problem with this, too. Kind of annoying battlesystem.

Anyways, I just wanted to ask why the guide states to set artes to L1 + ect. In the game's artes menu, there's only the option to put them on O+direction or on the shortcuts on the right stick.

If I recall correctly, L1+arte simply executes a slightly "altered" version of the arte put onto that direction. Am a bit confused.

Yes, I unlocked it by now. (And L1 + Attack was what I had in mind up there.)

I've finally gotten the hang of it, but I think it really is a bit too cumbersome and the enemies are usually wiped out before you really can get a chain running. Overall, if it weren't for the trophy, I'd simply not bother with it.

Yes, I unlocked it by now. (And L1 + Attack was what I had in mind up there.)

I've finally gotten the hang of it, but I think it really is a bit too cumbersome and the enemies are usually wiped out before you really can get a chain running. Overall, if it weren't for the trophy, I'd simply not bother with it.

They're quite useful in boss fights...assuming the bosses stay put :mad:

• 3 weeks later...
hey guys , i have real problems to do linked arte chains while in overlimit...

i always do em with jude and milla and have put the right artes on up,right,down,circle and 4 more fitting artes on the same buttons plus L1 of course...now when it comes to the point i only manage to do 2 chains or maybe 3....those who are on up and right....all the other directions dont seem to be registered properly.....i keep the directional button pressed in the direction and keep hammering circle....when the animation of the chain arte is there i change the direction but as i said it only works properly for the first two chains wich are on up and right....is there a special trick or something to make this work?

You might be using the same arte twice in a row...I did this too, and it screwed up my linked arte chains...(Incase you didn't know, you activate Overlimit with a linked arte, and this is the ONLY time you hit R2)...all the other artes following the chains, you only hit L Stick (left, right, up, down) and circle, or just hit the R stick in 1 direction...

But to answer your question, the game probably isn't screwed up...You are just using the same arte within a chain (Must be different throughout the entire chain for it to continue working)...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...