7 3 3.19%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 - Very Hard 2 2.13%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
Johnny Bananas

Send a message via Skype™ to Johnny Bananas

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   THL Season 3 Champions - Sharks With Laser Beams   THL Season 3 - Ghost Busters   15,000 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Submission   Community Gaming Event Gold
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Default Platinum Difficulty Rating

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.90

Voting Guidelines
  1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.
  5. Vote with honesty and integrity.

Last edited by Xander45; 01-23-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Johnny Bananas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
Oldpeters

I gave it a 3... I don't have the Platinum yet but I played 40 hours and all I have to do before getting the Platinum is to grind and finish the game with Jude.

You can miss items, treasure chests, random treasures, enemies, sub events, etc. and still get the associated trophies.

Tales of Vesperia (8/10) and Tales of Graces f (6/10) were way harder to plat and required organization.

Everything was rushed in Tales of Xillia, even the trophies.

Edit: http://imageshack.us/f/546/platinexillia.png/

Still 3/10.

Last edited by Oldpeters; 09-22-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Oldpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
Aeliana

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Word of Mouth - Silver   Gold  Road Map Submitter   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   PAX Meet Up   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Platinum Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner   I Beat the Staff!!!!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpeters View Post
I gave it a 3... I don't have the Platinum yet but I played 40 hours and all I have to do before getting the Platinum is to grind and finish the game with Jude.

You can miss items, treasure chests, random treasures, enemies, sub events, etc. and still get the associated trophies.

Tales of Vesperia (8/10) and Tales of Graces f (6/10) were way harder to plat and required organization.

Everything was rushed in Tales of Xillia, even the trophies.

Edit: Imageshack - platinexillia.png

Still 3/10.
"You can miss items, treasure chests, random treasures, enemies, sub events, etc. and still get the associated trophies."

Can you elaborate a bit more on this point? I ask because I'm only 8 hours into Xillia, but based on what I've seen so far and read on JP Wikis, it looks like sub-events are very missable (many are time-sensitive) and if you aren't being thorough about the random treasures, treasure chests etc. clean-up will be a pain at the end. Am I missing something?

P.S. Star Ocean, Xillia, Graces, Vesperia, and Disgaea 3 s... That is a sexy screenshot!

Last edited by Aeliana; 09-23-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Aeliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
Setsuna

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Helping Hand   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Guide Supplement Bronze   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   2,500 Posts   SOTM Winner   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Submission   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeliana View Post
"You can miss items, treasure chests, random treasures, enemies, sub events, etc. and still get the associated trophies."

Can you elaborate a bit more on this point? I ask because I'm only 8 hours into Xillia, but based on what I've seen so far and read on JP Wikis, it looks like sub-events are very missable (many are time-sensitive) and if you aren't being thorough about the random treasures, treasure chests etc. clean-up will be a pain at the end. Am I missing something?

P.S. Star Ocean, Xillia, Graces, Vesperia, and Disgaea 3 s... That is a sexy screenshot!
Meaning you don't have to obtain ALL of those things for each of their trophies, other games you are forced to get them but in Xillia it gives you some breathing space. Obtaining as many as you can as you progress will reduce that amount of clean up you will have to do in the end (if any).

That doesn't mean you can be lazy with it though, you still have to try to get everything. The only notable missable are those sub events which you have two chances at (considering you have two playthroughs you have to go through anyway) follow a guide for that and everything else can be done at any time.

If you need to contact me please send me a tweet, I might see it. @Tsuntenshi
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #5
Lethal-Hjorth

Awards Showcase The Silver Lining   2,500 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Community Gaming Event Silver   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Killzone Gaming Night Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)

Another Tales another Platinum. this one was the easiest of them all, the hardest thing is probably the subevents, but even those are quite easy. 4/10

PSNTL | PSNProfiles
Currently Playing: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Latest Platinum: Dark Souls 2 (#150)
Pre-Ordered: Watch Dogs

Last edited by Lethal-Hjorth; 09-27-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Lethal-Hjorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:17 PM   #6
Oldpeters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeliana View Post

Setsuna summed it well, and even if you miss some chests/random treasures in one-time only locations there are still more than enough to get the trophies. Subevents can indeed be trickier. There are 102 and 32 of them (I think) are time sensitive (but only a few of those 32 have a very strict timing). Since you must complete 90 of them you have to be careful (but if you talk to everyone...).

Thanks for the comment on my screenshot but it's not as sexy as Leia
Oldpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:28 AM   #7
ratchan

Not going to vote on it yet as there are a few trophies that I would need "a little" help on.

Subevents: 2nd Playthrough
100 combo: No idea how
Optional boss: How high do I have to be to defeat him without using too many items?
Old 09-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #8
Setsuna

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Helping Hand   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Guide Supplement Bronze   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   2,500 Posts   SOTM Winner   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Submission   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

I vote the game a 4/10, The difficulty can be alittle higher for those who don't understand Kanji, Kana or Hirigana (deciphering google translated guides was a pain for those subevents) but aside from that everything else was pretty straightforward and the fact that you can play this game strictly on EASY and get all the trophies definitely factors into my vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchan View Post
Not going to vote on it yet as there are a few trophies that I would need "a little" help on.

Subevents: 2nd Playthrough
100 combo: No idea how
Optional boss: How high do I have to be to defeat him without using too many items?
Sub-Events: Follow one of the walkthrough guides on the TOX wiki or gameclear walkthrough.
100 Combo: I'll upload a video for it momentarily and send it to you
Optional Boss: Well you definitely want to be using your Fel Arm's, Have a FULL inventory of items and as many helpful skills on as you can. I think the biggest factor to helping anyone win would be the timeclock item that freezes time for 10 seconds, if you were to spam it throughout the third form of the Hidden Dungeon boss you will surely kill him no problem .

If you need to contact me please send me a tweet, I might see it. @Tsuntenshi
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:20 PM   #9
ratchan

For the sub-events I am using the TOX Wiki as it has helped me find some Aifried treasures, a couple of Fel Arms and those mysterious beads.

The 100 combo video will hopefully help me.

Optional boss. Thinking of using All Divides as well. Not sure if I can use more than one each time he "changes". Anyway for him, I will fight him after I get the skill trophies, possibly armour shop VIP as well.

Currently material farming in Tataru Caves.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:51 AM   #10
Akari

Awards Showcase Gold  Road Map Submitter   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   1,000 Posts   Silver Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Bleh, playing on easy seems like such a copout. I put it on Hard from the getgo and have owned everything so far, though the big guy with the hammer was annoying so I dropped it to Second. In Graces F I basically played Chaos for enemies, Evil (or whatever was 1 lower) for all bosses and had no issues (except for the damn lasers)... this one will probably be more of the same.

Still, for pure difficulty rating, the ability to play on easy instantly drops it for everyone else, I guess.

For the 100 combo, one of the walkthrough sites suggests putting 1 Damage on Milla and spamming Sylph on any larger enemy. I'm not nearly that far yet to know.

Last edited by Akari; 09-29-2011 at 02:52 AM.
Akari is offline   Reply With Quote