Tales of Xillia 2 Battle Challenge Guide

Akari

Welcome to my guide for the Battle Challenges in Tales of Xillia 2. You're required to do various tasks during battle, and you must complete ALL of these challenges for the gold 【達成】バトルサンシャイン trophy. Many of them will come by accident as long as you play with link artes combos, and some will come during grinding for the character skill trophies, but a few are very tricky and will require some work.

Thanks to djcoston and Lethal-Hjorth for leading me on the right path for a few of these. Pictures are courtesy of djcoston.

Quick lexicon:

OVL - overlimit. you activate this by using a link arte when the meter on the left is full and yellow

artes - your melee/magic skills that are mapped to the :circle: button and right stick

link artes - the skills that are activated with :l2: when each OVL section is filled and you use an arte

hi-ougi - when the OVL meter is full and you activate a link arte, and hold :circle:

pair hi-ougi - instead of holding :circle: for hi-ougi, hold :l2: (requires certain teammates and skills unlocked by high friendship or during the Extra character episode)

【初級】新米チャレンジャー

Earned by default.

【初級】連続攻撃始めました

ACを4消費して連続攻撃した回数40回

【初級】オクトスラッシャー

ACを8消費して連続攻撃した回数20回

【上級】連携トリックスター

ACを12消費して連続攻撃した回数10回

For these, you need to use 4/8/12 AC in one string. You don't have 8 or 12 at the beginning of the game, but you can use マイトガード (hold block to gain AC, max of 3 with Might Guard 3), or backstep an enemy's attack to gain AC. If you're linked to a partner during a combo and you or they hit the enemy's back, you sometimes also gain bonus AC to keep your combo going.

【初級】テクニシャン

L1+○の攻撃から術技に連携した回数40回

Just use the :l1:+:circle: attack with any weapon, and immediately cancel it into an arte. Do note that for Rudgar's hammer and swords, the :l1:+:circle: attack is a launcher, so you need an arte that is usable in the air.

【初級】アイキャンフラ~イ

空中戦で敵を撃破した回数10回

Kill 10 enemies while they're in the air. You'll probably get this by accident, or during OVL combos. If not, Alvin's artes and link artes tend to launch the enemy a lot.

【初級】怒涛の30ヒッター

敵を30ヒット以上で複数体撃破した回数9回

【初級】怒涛の60ヒッター

敵を60ヒット以上で複数体撃破した回数6回

【上級】怒涛の120ヒッター

敵を120ヒット以上で複数体撃破した回数3回

You need to kill an enemy with the combo counter over 30/60/120. You can either find a fancy link arte combo, or just cheese this with the 1 damage skill. What I did was to use Rudgar with dual swords and the 鳴時雨 skill (available from the beginning of the game). Set the game difficulty to easy, all other team members to 身を護れ (defend mode), and go attack the Mandragora enemies in トルバラン街道, the second field area in the game. Set the 1 damage skill on 1 team member, link to them (better to set them in 任せた or 自由にたたかえ mode, you don't want 一緒にたたかえ, and some teammates work better than others), and do this:

- (optional) if you aren't confident you can do this with other enemies distracting you, un-link from the partner with 1 Damage and kill all enemies but 1 Mandragora

- Attack the Mandragora with :circle: attacks until you have only 1 AP left, then use 鳴時雨 to knock them down

- Stop, run after them (your AP will refill), use an :up:+:circle: attack to pick them off the ground and then just chain standing :circle: attacks again

- Repeat until your combo counter is at the desired amount, then in the middle of the combo un-link from your partner (either un-link with up on d-pad, or link to a different partner without the 1 Damage skill), and kill the enemy

- Rinse and repeat

【初級】全力全開!

秘奥義で敵を撃破した回数20回

Kill 20 enemies with hi-ougis.

【初級】いざ、究極合体!

共鳴秘奥義によって敵にとどめをさした回数20回

Kill 20 enemies with pair hi-ougis.

【初級】リンク全開!

共鳴術技で敵にとどめをさした回数40回

Kill 40 enemies with link artes.

【初級】壊し屋さん

敵のガードを崩す攻撃をした回数20回

Break 20 enemies' guards. Alvin's support skill does this, or you can just keep attacking a blocking enemy and their guard will break eventually.

【初級】受けの美学者

敵の攻撃をガードした回数10回

Block enemy attacks 10 times.

【初級】受けの哲学者

スキル「マイトガード」を発動した回数40回

【初級】受けの超人

スキル「マイトガード2」を発動した回数40回

【上級】受けすぎてドM

スキル「マイトガード3」を発動した回数40回

These are the Might Guard skills I referred to at the beginning. Might Guard gives you +1 AC for holding block for 1 second, Might Guard 2 gives you 1 more AC for holding block for 2 seconds, and Might Guard 3 gives you yet 1 more AC (and makes your next attack break guard) for holding block for 4 seconds.

【初級】ACボーナス

敵の攻撃をバックステップで避けたり、ガード長押し等でAC増加に成功した回数100回

Using Might Guard or accurate backstepping to dodge enemy attacks, gain a total of 100 AC.

【初級】見切った!

敵の攻撃をバックステップで回避した回数40回

Perfectly time backsteps to avoid enemy attacks 40 times. You'll know you did it right if you get 1 AC for the backstep. Do this with Jude towards his skill trophy.

【初級】1秒先が見える!

バックステップによって連動発動するスキルを発動した回数40回

Activate backstep related skills 40 times. ステップロング (extend forward/backstep length) doesn't count for this, but there are a lot of other skills that give you bonuses for perfectly backstepping an enemy's attack, such as スプレンダーアサルト (+1 AC for perfect backstep). You can equip Jude with his コンセントレション skill while you grind his dodge skill and they will count for this.

【上級】ステップ中毒

敵の攻撃を回避してノーダメージ勝利した回数20回

Perfectly dodge an enemy's attack, and win the battle without taking any damage. Set your teammates to manual or defensive mode, change the difficulty to easy, and go attack any enemies in the first couple areas (Jude works nicely because of his ability to warp behind an enemy after a successful backstep). Clear out all but 1 enemy with melee attacks or artes, then run to the last one, dodge an attack, and immediately kill it. You can combine this with the 影が薄いっス challenge if you're feeling good about your backstep skills.

【初級】お助けマン

味方がピンチの時に骸殻変身を発動した回数20回

Activate Rudgar's 骸殻 mode (L3+R3) while your teammates are near death 20 times. I believe you also need to win the battle before it runs out.

【初級】黒の覚醒者

骸殻変身中に敵を3体倒すのに成功した回数40回

【初級】漆黒の狂戦士

骸殻変身中に敵を5体倒すのに成功した回数40回

Activate Rudgar's 骸殻 mode and kill 3/5 enemies before it runs out. Risky encounters (when the enemy touches your back on the field) tend to have more enemies, but to have a better chance of having more than 5 enemies at a time, try to force an encounter link of smaller enemies (large enemies sometimes come alone and won't help you get to 5).

【初級】槍投げ名人

変身中の秘奥義で敵を倒した回数20回

During Rudgar's 骸殻 mode, when you use the :l1:+:circle: attack and hold :circle:, it activates a hi-ougi. Use this to kill enemies 20 times. It is strictly single target, so you will need to do this 20 separate times.

【初級】GOGOリンク!

共鳴術技チェイン3連携を成功した回数10回

【初級】リンク職人

共鳴術技チェイン6連携を成功した回数10回

【上級】リンクの帝王

共鳴術技チェイン9連携を成功した回数10回

To do this, you pretty much just need to have practice creating link arte combos. The 3/6/9 link artes don't actually need to even connect with enemies to get credit (in case you find yourself using healing link artes in the middle), but you may not have enough time to start 9 artes unless you have the リミッター skills and the リンクロング accessory. You will also need the アーツボール accessories to be able to map more than 4 attacks. It is ok if enemies die in the middle of the string as long as there are enough alive to allow you to finish all 9 artes.

Here is a sample combo from Lethal-Hjorth:

Played with Milla (P1), Ludger, Jude & Leia.

Leia link:アサルトダンス→overlimit→エレメント4→(switch to Jude link)イノセントゲート→カタラクトブレード→双砕迅→(switch to Ludger Link)千鳥飛沫→スカードエッジ→レイニースティンガー→フラッシュクレイドル→リバースクルセイダー (pair hi ougi)

Get into the habit of trying to find a 9 combo any time you change your party, as they're great for maximizing damage as well.

While you should be easily able to get all 9 artes to activate vs bosses or giganto monsters, you can also just use the EX Party battle in the Arena. There are so many enemies that you'll always be able to get your full link artes combo.

【初級】ウェルチェイン

通常攻撃から術・技を繋いで連携した回数20回

Cancel normal attacks into artes/spells 20 times.

【初級】いたずら好き

敵に状態変化を与えた回数40回

Inflict status ailments on enemies 40 times.

【初級】いたずら小僧

攻撃属性で与えられる状態変化9種を全て発生させる

Inflict all 9 possible status ailments on enemies. This will happen without trying.

【初級】いたずら魔神

敵の弱点部位への攻撃に成功した回数10回。 弱点部位は戦闘中R1ボタンを長押しした時に点滅する箇所。

Attack enemies in their weak spots (tails, wing, head, etc) 10 times.

【初級】マジックガーディアン

マジックガードで敵の術を防御した回数20回

Block an enemy's spell with Magic Guard 20 times. You'll need the Magic Guard skill equipped, and then while holding square to block, press down right before you are hit. You can easily farm this on the Mandragoras in トルバラン街道. You cannot have Rowen as your teammate for this (or Rudgar if you are Rowen), since his support skill overrides Magic Guard.

【初級】ハイガーディアン

敵の攻撃のタイミングに合わせて防御した回数40回

Hit the guard button at the exact moment you are hit 40 times. You can just mash block and you'll get this eventually. I recommend using Leia with フラッシュガード and スティックプラス2 to work towards her skill trophy.

【初級】起き上がり小法師

吹き飛ばされても□のリカバリングで体勢を立て直した回数100回

When you are knocked into the air, hit :square: to recover 100 times. Enemies like horses and treants have launching attacks, but as long as you pay attention, you'll get this easily by mid-game. Just remember that you DON'T want to air recover when you aim for Jude's support skill trophy.

【初級】司令塔

仲間にショートカットで作戦を出した回数100回

When you get your first アーツボール, map your teammates' skills to the R stick and call them repeatedly. If you map all 3 teammates, you can get this 3 times as fast.

Edited by Akari

【初級】バックアタッカー

敵の背後から攻撃した回数40回

Attack enemies from the back 40 times. Use free run mode (hold L2) in battle to make this easy.

【初級】クロスカウンター

攻撃中の敵に攻撃した回数40回

Attacked an enemy while they were attacking 40 times. As you gain levels, attacks from lower level enemies will no longer stagger you, so you'll easily get this if you go back to earlier areas to farm or do quests.

【初級】術剣士参上

精霊術から武身技へ連携した回数40回

Do a spell, and then follow it up with a melee arte 40 times.

【初級】戦場の天使

味方を回復した回数100回

Heal your teammates 100 times. You can use artes such as Rudgar's サイコトリス with hammer, or items, or switch to another member and cast healing spells, etc.

【初級】ニアアタッカー

フロントステップから連携して攻撃した回数40回

Hit the attack button during/immediately after front steps 40 times.

【初級】ヒット&アウェイ

攻撃後に素早くバックステップで敵から離れた回数40回

Attack and immediately cancel it into a backstep 40 times. The attack must connect.

【初級】弱点ぺしぺし

敵の弱点を突いて倒した回数20回

Attack enemies with elements they are weak to 20 times.

【初級】ウィークプレッシャー

弱点属性連携を3連携以上成功した回数40回

【初級】ウィーククラッシャー

弱点属性連携を6連携以上成功した回数30回

【上級】ウィークエンダー

弱点属性連携を9連携以上成功した回数20回

The key to these is to use combos with artes or link artes with 3/6/all 9 attributes (fire/ice/earth/wind/dark/light/sword/hammer/gun), and then kill the enemy. You're supposed to have the green bar indicating you hit their weak points last for the whole combo, but the combo I found doesn't necessarily need to. As long as you've made your own link arte combos, the 3 (and possibly 6) challenges will come in time, but here's one for the 9 challenge:

Team is Milla, Leia, Jude, Rudgar, with player controlling Milla

- start with Leia link, and the instant she hits the enemy and the green weak bar appears -> ジグズエッジ (OVL -> エレメント4 for fire/wind/ice/earth/sword)

- switch to Rudgar -> グレアケイジ (フラッシュクレイドル for light/gun)

- switch to Jude > ネガティブホルダー (イノセントゲート for dark) > グレアケイジ (双砕迅 for hammer)

- end with hi-ougi if needed to kill the enemy.

The switch from Rudgar to Jude is VERY fast, so be on your toes. However, I found that even if you mistime your input for ネガティブホルダー and the enemy falls to the ground and breaks combo, as long as you continue with it anyway and use イノセントゲート > 双砕迅 and the enemy dies, you still get credit.

If you plan to use this combo, it will apply towards several other challenges as well, and I'll be referring to this one a lot.

A recommended enemy is any that is weak to hammer and can survive this chain, but for mid/high level you can use the ゼブワイバーン (large wyvern type) found in ポルテア森道. (Note, the enemy's HP is based on difficulty, and this is in Unknown difficulty)

http://i.imgur.com/lfjhJl6.png

【初級】リバーシ戦術

リンクして敵を挟み込んで倒した回数40回

While linked to a partner in 一緒にたたかえ mode, they'll circle around the enemy you're attacking to hit its back. Kill 40 enemies while your partner is behind them.

【初級】術技スペシャリスト

スキル「セカンドアーツ」発動回数100回

Most characters have a varying number of セカンドアーツ (second artes) skills, which alter certain attacks if you hold the button down. For example, with セカンドアーツ2, Rudgar's hammer arte アヴァント・ポステ gains a second attack if you hold down X (assuming you activated it with the X button). Use any of these modified artes 100 times.

【初級】すたこらさっさ

戦闘から逃げた回数1回

Run away from battle once.

【初級】トライアタッカー

種類の違う3つの術・技を連携した回数40回

【初級】ペンタリアン

種類の違う5つの術・技を連携した回数30回

【上級】ヘプたん

種類の違う7つの術・技を連携した回数20回

Make a combo of 3/5/7 different artes. If you're working on making 9 chain combos while you're working towards 【上級】リンクの帝王, you'll get this along the way.

【上級】ギガンター

ギガントモンスターを戦闘開始から2分以内に倒した数1体

【上級】ギガントハンター

ギガントモンスターを戦闘開始から2分以内に倒した数3体

【上級】ギガントバスター

ギガントモンスターを戦闘開始から2分以内に倒した数9体

【上級】ギガントキラー

ギガントモンスターを戦闘開始から2分以内に倒した数18体

You need to kill 18 gigant monsters (from the quest board) within 2 minutes. Start as soon as possible, because there's only 26 gigant monsters in the main story. There's that same number again after you clear the story as EX versions, but they have high life and are much harder to beat within 2 minutes. Set it to easy difficulty if you need to. If you're not sure you can do it, make a quick save right next to the gigant monster and load it if you were too slow.

【上級】空中遊泳

5連携してから敵を空中に飛ばした回数20回

【上級】エアトリッカー

7連携してから敵を空中に飛ばした回数10回

【上級】空の王者

9連携してから敵を空中に飛ばした回数5回

Kill enemies in the air after a 5/7/9 chain. Alvin's artes and link artes tend to launch enemies a lot, so if you use him and create a 9 link arte chain, you'll get this without thinking about it.

【上級】デュアルチェイン

共鳴術技チェインを使い弱点属性連携を3連携した回数9回

【上級】デュアルチェイン+

共鳴術技チェインを使い弱点属性連携を6連携した回数6回

【上級】デュアルチェイン++

共鳴術技チェインを使い弱点属性連携を9連携した回数3回

This is the same as 【上級】ウィークエンダー, but the combo must include link artes, and the enemy does not need to die at the end. The sample combo mentioned there also works for this.

【上級】テクニカルチェイン

術・技で5連携してから共鳴術技を発動した回数20回

Use 5 different artes/spells before canceling into link artes, 20 times. A sample combo with Rudgar's swords might be 舞斑雪 -> 一迅 -> 鳴時雨 (stop and run after them if this knocks them too far back) -> 轟臥衝 -> 魔神剣 -> link arte cancel.

【上級】テクニカルフィニッシャ

術・技で5連携してから共鳴術技を発動し秘奥義で締めた回数20回

Same as above, but the OVL meter must be full, and after the link arte you need to also finish with a pair hi-ougi.

【上級】パワークラッカー

弱点属性5連携後に共鳴術技を発動した回数10回

Make an artes combo that uses 5 different attributes, then cancel into link artes, 10 times. This can be done at the same time as the above 2 challenges if you plan your artes combo accordingly.

【上級】パワーフィニッシャ

弱点属性5連携後に共鳴術技を発動し秘奥義で締めた回数10回

Same as above, but OVL meter must be full, and you need to end with a pair hi-ougi. Here is a sample combo that will work for パワークラッカー, パワーフィニッシャ, and デュアルチェイン++:

Control Milla, partner with Jude (with 1 damage on). Make sure both are equipped with non-elemental weapons. Recommended enemy - tortoises in ルサル街道

Use エレメンタルショット (OVL -> イノセントゲート) -> ディストールノヴァ (カタラクトブレード) -> グレアケイジ (双砕迅) -> バニュッシュヴォルト (雷閃拳) -> pair hi-ougi

【上級】影が薄いっス

走者キャラクターが1分間以上ノーダメージだった戦闘回数40回

Win a battle that's longer than 60 seconds while taking no damage. Each teammate that's in Manual mode (go to the 術・技 screen and hit select to swap between modes) and also takes no damage counts for this, so set the other 3 people to Manual, put アピールターゲット on your main character (enemies chase you when you taunt with L3), pick a weak and slow enemy (I recommend tortoises in ガリー間道), and just run away from them for 60 seconds, then kill them. You will want to quickly kill all enemies but 1 tortoise at the start. Doing this will get you 4 counts at a time, so you can be done in 10 fights.

【上級】チェインマイスター

9連携を全て違う術・技でつなぎ、最後に共鳴秘奥義で締めた回数10回

The sample combo from 【上級】リンクの帝王 works here, but unlike that challenge, in this one all 9 link artes must connect on the same monster and it must die to the pair hi-ougi. There's a couple ways to do this. If you set Leia and Jude to have the 1 Damage skill, then only the link artes from Rudgar will do damage, and you don't need the enemy to have too much life. Alternatively, you can do this on gigant monsters (first test the full combo to see how much damage it does, then weaken a monster to have slightly under that and activate it to kill them). If you're all out of gigant monsters, you can use the same enemy mentioned in 【上級】ウィークエンダー - ゼブワイバーン (large wyvern type) found in ポルテア森道.

【達成】バトル師範

バトルチャレンジ初級称号を40個獲得

Clear 40 of the 46 beginner class challenges.

【達成】バトル仙人

バトルチャレンジ上級称号を18個獲得

Clear 18 of the 22 expert class challenges.

【達成】バトルサンシャイン

Clear all 68 challenges.

Edited by Akari

Nice Guide! :applause:

It probably will help many people who want to get the battle challenge trophy...

By the way, if you want to use my images, please feel free!

I'm no good with making things pretty, if anyone has suggestions.

With the course of the time videos will be posted, then maybe you can use some them on this guide.

【上級】パワーフィニッシャ

弱点属性5連携後に共鳴術技を発動し秘奥義で締めた回数10回

Same as above, but OVL meter must be full, and you need to end with a pair hi-ougi.

Could you please provide an example how to do this exactly or provide more details? What kind of enemy is suited for this and do I have to link five different attributes or only those that the monster is weak to? Also, does the battle has to finish after the pair Mystic Arte? It's my last one and no matter what I try and how many artes I chain it doesn't count.

Could you please provide an example how to do this exactly or provide more details? What kind of enemy is suited for this and do I have to link five different attributes or only those that the monster is weak to? Also, does the battle has to finish after the pair Mystic Arte? It's my last one and no matter what I try and how many artes I chain it doesn't count.

I kind of got that one by accident while trying for the 9 different moves one, so I don't even know how I did it. A GREAT move to do it with would be Milla's Elemental Shot though, as it carries 5 elements on its own. If it connects with all 5 hits (careful, since some enemies tend to be super resistant for no reason), immediately go into Link Arte > pair hi-ougi.

What I do remember doing was a lot of Elemental Shot > Assault Dance > Link Arte > Hi-Ougi while attempting the 9 weak chain one, and that might have filled in Power Finisher. One way to do this is vs the Seba Wyverns mentioned for the 9 weak chain - once Leia triggers their green weak bar, go into Elemental Shot (the green bar means that all 5 hits will automatically connect) > Assault Dance > Link Arte > pair hi-ougi.

I would assume the enemy needs to die. They don't need to die for Technical Chain or Power Chain, but for the Finisher versions I would assume they do. If your levels are half decent - say, 100-110 or so at least, then the Wyvern will die from the hi-ougi even if you started at full life anyway.

I kind of got that one by accident while trying for the 9 different moves one, so I don't even know how I did it. A GREAT move to do it with would be Milla's Elemental Shot though, as it carries 5 elements on its own. If it connects with all 5 hits (careful, since some enemies tend to be super resistant for no reason), immediately go into Link Arte > pair hi-ougi.

What I do remember doing was a lot of Elemental Shot > Assault Dance > Link Arte > Hi-Ougi while attempting the 9 weak chain one, and that might have filled in Power Finisher. One way to do this is vs the Seba Wyverns mentioned for the 9 weak chain - once Leia triggers their green weak bar, go into Elemental Shot (the green bar means that all 5 hits will automatically connect) > Assault Dance > Link Arte > pair hi-ougi.

I would assume the enemy needs to die. They don't need to die for Technical Chain or Power Chain, but for the Finisher versions I would assume they do. If your levels are half decent - say, 100-110 or so at least, then the Wyvern will die from the hi-ougi even if you started at full life anyway.

Ok, this sounds logical, but I still haven't got it. I don't know anymore if it's me or the combo. It is really frustrating :mad: It doesn't help that Elemental Shot is such a slow move that the Wyvern often breaks out of the combo.

You may add for the sample combo for 【上級】リンクの帝王 a real combo and not with the names of the link artes. I spent like half an hour searching for the arte エレメント4 only to find out that this is the name of the link arte. Based on the combo, I used the following:

• スプラッシュ (as Aqua Protection)
    • Activate Over Limit while being linked to Leia

[*]ジグズエッジ (for エレメント4)

• Switch to Jude

[*]エレメンタルショット (for イノセントゲート)

[*]ディストールノヴァ (for カタラクトブレード)

[*]ルナティックスティング (for 双砕迅)

• Switch to Ludgar

[*]アリーヴェデルチ (for 千鳥飛沫)

[*]ラウンドエッジ (for スカードエッジ)

[*]ルナティックスティング (for レイニースティンガー)

[*]バニッシュヴォルト (for フラッシュクレイドル)

[*]ディバインストリーク (I don't know if this was necessary, but I've used it in the combo)

[*]Pair Mystic Arte with Ludgar (リバースクルセイダー)

Found a sample combo for Dual Chain++ that also works for Power Finisher (apparently you do NOT need to kill the enemy):

Control Milla, partner with Jude (with 1 damage on). Make sure both are equipped with non-elemental weapons. They recommend tortoises in ルサル街道 (I question this, but dunno).

Use エレメンタルショット (OVL -> イノセントゲート) -> ディストールノヴァ (カタラクトブレード) -> グレアケイジ (双砕迅) -> バニュッシュヴォルト (雷閃拳) -> pair hi-ougi

If you swap ディストールノヴァ and バニュッシュヴォルト, apparently it no longer counts for Dual Chain++, and only counts for Dual Chain+ (6 weak instead of 9). It looks like there's some bugs in the system that nobody really understands. What I gather from this is that my comment on Elemental Shot was entirely correct, and it looks like it heavily depends on it entirely connecting. It should be easy enough if your partner locks the enemy in place for you with a combo as well.

Also, apparently if any hits miss at all, it doesn't count, so try to make sure you activate in the center of the arena too.

By the way, when I was running through the EX Party Arena, I was messing with longer link artes combos - managed to create a 10 combo with weapon swaps that pretty much killed the secret arena boss outright if I connected everything. I really think that if you understand the system at all, making a 9 combo is super easy. Just try to avoid spells and any long link artes (I remember Rudgar+Gaius has one that sends you up into the air to combo, and that one is far too long)

Edited by Akari

Found a sample combo for Dual Chain++ that also works for Power Finisher (apparently you do NOT need to kill the enemy):

Control Milla, partner with Jude (with 1 damage on). Make sure both are equipped with non-elemental weapons. They recommend tortoises in ルサル街道 (I question this, but dunno).

Thank you very much for the sample combo; I just got the (G). This works smoothly for Power Finisher. The tortoises are really suited for this and they do not have to die at the end.

I don't know for Dual Chain++ though, as I got that one along with Weak Ender as you wrote in the guide, but this may be an alternative for someone else.

• 2 weeks later...

【上級】空の王者

9連携してから敵を空中に飛ばした回数5回

Kill enemies in the air after a 5/7/9 chain. Alvin's artes and link artes tend to launch enemies a lot, so if you use him and create a 9 link arte chain, you'll get this without thinking about it.

Could you please give me a precise method (characters and artes used, etc.) for this one? I'm completely lost, even when thinking about it lol.

Could you please give me a precise method (characters and artes used, etc.) for this one? I'm completely lost, even when thinking about it lol.

There is a good example method someone posted in the general discussion thread:

For 【上級】空の王者 and the 2 under it I did the following. Go to ルサル街道 and fight the lizard there. Put everyone on only guard / protect / whatever else you do to keep them away. Use ludger and put the 1 damage skill on anyone except him and link with them. Might charge up for extra ac then slash 1 and do 3 紅蓮翔舞 in a row on it and it should be fairly high up follow that with spamming 一迅 nonstop and after you get 9 hits or a little over unlink in midair and 1 shot it with a last 一迅

Thanks, I'll try that when I'll get a new controller (there are problems with my L1 button)!

Edit: thanks a lot, your suggestion did wonders! I'm still playing with my old controller and I try to do everything that does not require the L1 button (I'll get a new controller for Christmas).

I'm almost done with the advanced battle challenges (I even got a silver trophy) =)

Edited by Oldpeters

• 2 weeks later...

I need some help with a few battle challenges if anyone could help me.

1) Discovery of 800 Random treasures.

Does this mean random shiny spots? Like I have to find 800 different shiny sports/treasure bags/treasure boxes in all of the maps?

2) Defeat 150 special symbols

What are special symbols? I already have 75 so I must have encountered them before, but I have no idea what they are.

3) 6 weakness' in one chain

I don't understand how I don't have this one because I have the ++ title for getting 9 weakness' in one chain. I have 5/6 in this one, but I can't seem to get the last one.

4) 9 link combo ending with pair mystic art

I understand this one, but the sample combo and enemy doesn't work for me. At least one of the arts in it miss, and the enemy usually dies before I use the pair mystic art.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

I need some help with a few battle challenges if anyone could help me.

1) Discovery of 800 Random treasures.

Does this mean random shiny spots? Like I have to find 800 different shiny sports/treasure bags/treasure boxes in all of the maps?

2) Defeat 150 special symbols

What are special symbols? I already have 75 so I must have encountered them before, but I have no idea what they are.

3) 6 weakness' in one chain

I don't understand how I don't have this one because I have the ++ title for getting 9 weakness' in one chain. I have 5/6 in this one, but I can't seem to get the last one.

4) 9 link combo ending with pair mystic art

I understand this one, but the sample combo and enemy doesn't work for me. At least one of the arts in it miss, and the enemy usually dies before I use the pair mystic art.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Some of those are titles rather than battle challenges, but here's your answers:

1. 800 unique shiny spots. There's a fixed number per map that you can find as you go between screens, and extras in the parallel worlds (but if you miss those you can't get them back, so you'll need the 800 on the main map). There's far more than 800 though, so you should be ok.

2. The special enemies are: a) enemies with the ! over their head indicating that they are strong, b) the spinning square enemies (Bacura), and c) the Gil Thief (I've never seen these so I don't know what they look like). All 3 of these count towards the 150. There is a method to farm them from the first Xillia that still works (repeatedly zoning in and out of the Samangan Tree).

3. Considering that Weak Chain+ needs you to do it 6 times and Weak Chain++ needs only 3, it is perfectly normal that you'd have Weak Chain++ finished before Weak Chain+ with the same combo. Just do it one more time.

4. Are you on Unknown difficulty? That's kind of required for the Wyvern enemy, otherwise he does not survive a full combo (and even then he only survives it if you're low-ish level, below 90 for sure). If not, you'll need to play with the 1 Damage skill and put it on the other team members except for the one you do the pair arte with.

Edited by Akari

Thanks for the help.

With the last one though do you know of another enemy that works well because I'm almost level 200. So with Unknown difficulty and the 1 damage skills I still end up killing him when I link up with Ludger.

If you're trying for Weak Ender (where you must kill the enemy with the pair arte), then no, I have no alternative. Maybe the secret boss of the EX Tag Arena if you have nothing else left? I don't know what they are weak to though, and a 9 combo at level 200 will likely kill them all instantly.

Edit: Never mind, I found an alternative for Weak Ender. Play Milla alone, linked to someone with 1 Damage, and make sure she has the ability to solo hi-ougi (I forget which skill it is, maybe the 'Special' skill?)

Recommended enemy: tortoises in ルサル街道

エレメンタルショット > attack 2-3 times for slash element > ネガティブホルダー > コンディムネイション > オーバードライブ > ディバインストリーク → (unlink) パーティクルロンド (solo hi-ougi)

Edited by Akari

• 2 months later...

【初級】テクニシャン

L1+○の攻撃から術技に連携した回数40回

Just use the :l1:+:circle: attack with any weapon, and immediately cancel it into an arte. Do note that for Rudgar's hammer and swords, the :l1:+:circle: attack is a launcher, so you need an arte that is usable in the air.

Hello!

This is the last battle challenge I'm missing for some reason. Could you explain how to cancel into an arte or give an example including one? It's still stuck in 0/40 and it doesn't seem to be working for me. Thanks!

Hello!

This is the last battle challenge I'm missing for some reason. Could you explain how to cancel into an arte or give an example including one? It's still stuck in 0/40 and it doesn't seem to be working for me. Thanks!

The :l1: + :circle: attack lifts up the enemy into the air. Hit the enemy with any arte afterwards while he is still in the air to let it connect for the hit counter. Do this procedure 40 times.

【初級】司令塔

仲間にショートカットで作戦を出した回数100回

When you get your first アーツボール, map your teammates' skills to the R stick and call them repeatedly. If you map all 3 teammates, you can get this 3 times as fast.

Hello!

I´m doing the battle challenges i didnt do yet and i´m stuck here.

Can someone pls explain how exactly this works?

Hello!

I´m doing the battle challenges i didnt do yet and i´m stuck here.

Can someone pls explain how exactly this works?

Arts Balls are key items that you get during the story. They let you map additional artes to the R stick - to get to them, go to your own arte equip screen, and then hit down until you get to the next screen. This lets you map extra shortcuts. For example, if you map R stick Up to a Jude arte, R stick Down to a Leia arte, and R stick Left to a Milla arte, then by rotating the R stick you will activate all 3 of their artes at once.

Arts Balls are key items that you get during the story. They let you map additional artes to the R stick - to get to them, go to your own arte equip screen, and then hit down until you get to the next screen. This lets you map extra shortcuts. For example, if you map R stick Up to a Jude arte, R stick Down to a Leia arte, and R stick Left to a Milla arte, then by rotating the R stick you will activate all 3 of their artes at once.

Thats what im doing but somehow it doesnt count.

I got 1/100 a while ago, dont know how i did that.

I dont know what im doing wrong, no matter what i try, nothing counts. Maybe its just me and im too stupid for this x_x

i have 2 battle challenges left, the others were no big problem but this one makes me crazy xD

Edit:

never mind, now it works.

thanks for your help.

i hate this battle challenge xD

Edited by Nivamira

• 4 months later...
The :l1: + :circle: attack lifts up the enemy into the air. Hit the enemy with any arte afterwards while he is still in the air to let it connect for the hit counter. Do this procedure 40 times.

I'm having trouble with this one too. I hit :l1: + :circle: to lift the enemy, then hit :cross: right afterwards to hit the in-air enemy, right? It doesn't seem to be working for me. I also tried hitting :circle: after launching the enemy, but that doesn't work either. What conditions need to be met to make this darn thing possible?

Edited by chiky
typo

I'm having trouble with this one too. I hit :l1: + :circle: to lift the enemy, then hit :cross: right afterwards to hit the in-air enemy, right? It doesn't seem to be working for me. I also tried hitting :circle: after launching the enemy, but that doesn't work either. What conditions need to be met to make this darn thing possible?

I am not sure why it is doesn't work. The description for 【初級】テクニシャン definitely is "Attack with :l1: + :circle: and link with an arte afterwards (40 times)".

Here are a few ideas what you could check: Does the enemy recover in the air before you use your arte? These won't count as it isn't a combo. Maybe you have to hit the enemy a few times before you lift them up? Alternatively, can you try this with another character?

I am not sure why it is doesn't work. The description for 【初級】テクニシャン definitely is "Attack with :l1: + :circle: and link with an arte afterwards (40 times)".

Here are a few ideas what you could check: Does the enemy recover in the air before you use your arte? These won't count as it isn't a combo. Maybe you have to hit the enemy a few times before you lift them up? Alternatively, can you try this with another character?

Are you sure it's 'link with an arte' and not 'with a link arte'? Such as when you press :r2: to create a special attack?

I created a chain then launched the enemy, quickly pressing :r2: before the weapon I was holding changed. This method seemed to work for me.