Vesparia coming to U.S..........Maybe

I found this info this morning showing a video of the VA who does Yuri stating that TOV is supposed? to come to us and uk.

Link:

Troy Baker confirms Tales of Vesperia PS3 localization (in video) — Scrawl

I don't know for sure yet, but this sure got my morale back. Fingers crossed eveyone!:dance:

Namco has said that there's going to be a 'Major Tales Announcement coming this summer'. I would assume they meant E3 but who knows.

Major Tales announcement coming this summer — Scrawl

It would be pretty cool if we got this too from E3

Tales of VS. Release Information for PSP - GameFAQs

Namco has said that there's going to be a 'Major Tales Announcement coming this summer'. I would assume they meant E3 but who knows.

Major Tales announcement coming this summer — Scrawl

Well wouldn't be impossible for it being their big announcement for E3. Like I mentioned earlier that Namco could probably be waiting for the best moment to say something about it since we know that these companies most of the time mention the least important titles before E3 even starts and try to save some big guns for E3, Tokyo Game Show, and so on.

But then again there is always the possibility it could be like a whole new Tales game they're talking about developed 1st for PS3 or something like that. But even if nothing is mentioned at E3, i'm just going to wait a little longer to see if they have something this Summer to say about the series that will interest me.

• 2 weeks later...
The additional dub work has been finished awhile ago. It's like Namco has been sitting on it maybe even waiting for E3 to announce it or just a specific time to announce it and trying their absolute best not to reveal it anytime sooner then they hope for unless Namco did truly abandoned it or even forgot about it.

I think they're sitting on it. With the recession still in place and the video game market so poor, these companies are fearful of anything that might be a cost which is not recovered.

Come on, Namco. Sony owners were always good buyers of your previous games (and hell - I STILL play Tales of Destiny 2). Show some balls and get with the program...

I think they're sitting on it. With the recession still in place and the video game market so poor, these companies are fearful of anything that might be a cost which is not recovered.

Come on, Namco. Sony owners were always good buyers of your previous games (and hell - I STILL play Tales of Destiny 2). Show some balls and get with the program...

Also things don't look good for Tales Studio.

I'm still waiting for the PS2 version of Tales of Symphonia and the real Tales of Destiny 2(not the Tales of Destiny 2 we have that's actually called Tales of Eternia) as well as the remake of the original Tales of Destiny or even the Director's Cut version would be nice.

Honestly at this rate Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology and Tales of Vesperia 360 version may even be the last ones to hit stateside unless Tales Studio starts improving if it actually does matter. Plus i'm sure that whole recalling their copies of that newest Tales game on the Wii with all of those bugs it had probably made things worse.

• 1 month later...

I already beat this on 360 1000/1000 (eatthemeek7)

and I still want it, I want all that new shit, I wanna play it again its an awesome game

If it doesnt come to NA or Eu im bombing namco, plain and simple

anyone else anna go to jail with me for the cause!! XD

I already beat this on 360 1000/1000 (eatthemeek7)

and I still want it, I want all that new shit, I wanna play it again its an awesome game

If it doesnt come to NA or Eu im bombing namco, plain and simple

anyone else anna go to jail with me for the cause!! XD

Well, I'm not going with you for the cause, but if anybody asks, I will say 50 Cent did it lol!

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the latest info on the ongoing localization fight.

"The battle for localization of Namco Bandai’s latest entries in the Tales franchise is ongoing. Facebook users are still spamming their wall daily asking for titles like Tales of Vesperia on PlayStation 3, Tales of Graces F, and the new 15th anniversary game (title still TBA).

Weeks of posting went by with no response from Namco, but today, they’ve spoken.

“We don’t mean to frustrate or annoy our fans,” Namco wrote in response to a Tales fan. “Unfortunately, other than our official response for the Tales series, we do not have any updates at this time. If this changes, the fans here will be the first to know. We certainly have not forgotten any of you and are doing our best to read everything you post.”

There you have it. Nothing major, but it looks like fans are making their mark. Hopefully, their final mark will be the release of those games that they desire so greatly."

link:

Namco’s latest Tales localization statement ? Scrawl

Well guys, it looks like we are getting to them. Let's just hope this doesn't go on much longer. Every day that passes, Namco will probably be less motivated to localize an older game.

Namco-Bandai is an odd company. They're on the smaller size, have several beloved 'brands', and they usually take their time over those brands. Just look at the delays over Splatterhouse which, if various sources are to be believed, are due exclusively to re-building and bettering the game.

Where they lag behind other companies of similar size and type, however, is that they're generally not that responsive to fan demands, or, at least, their willingness to listen to fans is pretty hit-and-miss.

It seems unlikely that Vesparia will ever come out here, and who knows why that is? Namco-Bandai makes pretty odd decisions at times, and for mysterious and unfathomable reasons.

From my understanding is that Microsoft had a contract with Namco towards Tales of Vesperia you know to make it exclusive to 360 for a time being but can expire after it's over with. The expiration of the contract should be ending soon.

I don't think so. MS doesn't care about RPG's. If it was a AAA title shooter, they would be all over it.

I think Namco-Bandai just released Veperia on the xbox for the simple reason, nobody was playing PS3 at the time, and got very discouraged in US sales of Vespereia.

Things change, but only one thing is the same. The Xbox is FPS machine. All other genre's bow before it. MS is almost non existant in Japan, where all RPG's do good comercially.

Namco just needs to take a chance and release AT LEAST one. If the sales are bad, then they can think about not bothering with us, but until then, I say Namco is yellow.

I know the Tales studios are hurting for money, and it would be very risky at this time to release a game that is a couple of years old, but if the fans beating down their door isn't enought to warrent a localized release, I don't know what is.

I don't think so. MS doesn't care about RPG's. If it was a AAA title shooter, they would be all over it.

I think Namco-Bandai just released Veperia on the xbox for the simple reason, nobody was playing PS3 at the time, and got very discouraged in US sales of Vespereia.

Things change, but only one thing is the same. The Xbox is FPS machine. All other genre's bow before it. MS is almost non existant in Japan, where all RPG's do good comercially.

Namco just needs to take a chance and release AT LEAST one. If the sales are bad, then they can think about not bothering with us, but until then, I say Namco is yellow.

I know the Tales studios are hurting for money, and it would be very risky at this time to release a game that is a couple of years old, but if the fans beating down their door isn't enought to warrent a localized release, I don't know what is.

Well I know for a fact that Tales of Vesperia has at least a timed exclusive towards 360 but should be expiring any day now. I don't know if Microsoft or Namco was responsible for that but all I know is that it's timed exclusive to 360 but the game has been out for like what a year or close to a year so I guess still a possibility but just have to wait and see.

But having the game being timed exclusive would explain why Namco can't release the PS3 version yet in America.

Well I know for a fact that Tales of Vesperia has at least a timed exclusive towards 360 but should be expiring any day now. I don't know if Microsoft or Namco was responsible for that but all I know is that it's timed exclusive to 360 but the game has been out for like what a year or close to a year so I guess still a possibility but just have to wait and see.

But having the game being timed exclusive would explain why Namco can't release the PS3 version yet in America.

I hear you Shuffle, but I don't buy it. Wouldn't it be easier if Namco just came out and said they have a timed exclusive deal with them, and Tales can't come out, so stop bugging them.

Plus, I didn't know timed exclusives were effected by regions. Like being timed in US but not Japan.

Doesn't make sense.

I hear you Shuffle, but I don't buy it. Wouldn't it be easier if Namco just came out and said they have a timed exclusive deal with them, and Tales can't come out, so stop bugging them.

Plus, I didn't know timed exclusives were effected by regions. Like being timed in US but not Japan.

Doesn't make sense.

ok well it has actually been out for 2 years, it was released on 8/26/2008 in NA. so if anything i think they should announced the damn thing any time now, if they plan to release it.. BUT i don't know if it would be such a good idea to release it this holiday because of fallout and rockband3 plus many more popular games. but who the hell knows..

• 3 weeks later...
what do we have to do!!!! NA and EU get shafted all the time. im just worried that they WONT give it to us because of all the bothering. they can just give us the finger and that would be that..

It's hard to say with Namco. Like maybe they will eventually give us Vesperia or maybe not. Or waiting for another opportunity to release another Tales game in America like maybe Graces F or that new one that we don't know much about or maybe even something older for PSP like Tales of VS or maybe something like Tales of the World.

Namco can be quite confusing when it comes to their Tales series and always have been ever since the series began before the merge with Bandai. Like give Tales of Eternia a name like Tales of Destiny 2 in America which then meant we could never get the real Tales of Destiny 2 just because of some IP conflict. They could of just gave Tales of Eternia some random name so that way we could of got the real Tales of Destiny 2. Then there's the fact that not a single Tales game has sold enough copies of Namco's expectations since none of them have sold very well outside of Japan.

I guess it just all depends on what kind of mood Namco is in or at least that's how its always been.