Rate the trophy difficulty...  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_7.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.83

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 6 months later...

just got the platinum for Vesperia

I gave it 7

it's not hard, but surely time-consuming

took me about 310 hours and 4 playtrough because at first, I didn't use any guides so I missed a lot of sidequests

the first playthrough itself took 229 hours, mainly because I took too many detours at secret dungeons which I gave up at the end because my level was too low at that time -_-

N.B.:

Who the hell gave this game 1 for platinum difficulty?!

Edited by celestial

• 2 months later...

I also gave it a 7. I am sooo close yet so far away. I need to run trough the whole game one more time to complete the monsterbook with 1 missed enemy and round up a few titles.

When I get this platinum though, even though its more of endurance than skill, I am going to be so satisfied. Way more than with Wipeout HD or any other plat I have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Gave it a 6. The game is time consuming, but not too difficult.

Once you finish your first run of the game, you can abuse the grade shop to make things so much easier. You do kinda need a guide though if you don't want to miss any events for the sake of titles and items.

Do you know some very good english guide???, some wiki for example??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I gave this a 6.

190 hours or so for the first play getting and doing almost everything while playing entire time on hard. Then 5 hours~ for second playthrough and little more to grind team arena battle with 10x exp for level 200 plus 1 hour for clearing chapter 1 under level 15.

Nothing too hard, if you wanted to make it easier you could always swap the difficulty to easy but that would ruin all the fun.

Almost all trophies were fun to do besides the 50,000km and 5 hours wearing bunny ears which were sort of pointless.

• 6 months later...

I guess 6 sounds right.

It's not that hard, since the trophy list didn't force you to fight in Unknown difficulty. It's just time consuming, and annoying since there are a lot of time sensitive things in this game.

If you missed scanning a missable monster, then you have to do a playthrough all over again.

If you missed a subevent, that could lead to missing a title / item, then you have to do another playthrough all over again.

I platinum'ed this game in 220 hours, with 3 and 1/3 playthroughs:

1. Normal play without scanning monsters, but complete subevent.

2. Complete play, especially for monster scan.

3. Low level challenge trophy (stopped playing after Barbos).

4. Speed run.

• 2 weeks later...

I give it a 5. Time-consuming, but definitely not difficult. And, although time consuming, I loved it.

Took just over 200 hours and roughly 3 playthroughs with the low-level challenger thrown in before all my miscellaneous play.

The addition of new elements and being all Japanese caused the platinum to take longer than gaining all achievements, however some trophies were made easier in the PS3 version. Honestly, only things that irritated me were sitting for hours on end having to get certain titles. Even the Repede mini-game trophy I got in about 15-20 minutes.

• 9 months later...

I voted a 7. It is actually a 10, if you don't use a guide, especially a side event guide. The game has so many missable events with strict limits to view them. If you miss too much, you cannot even visit the bonus dungeons at the end of the game. Unlike the 360 version, the secret missions are not missable any more, since you can replay bosses for this purpose.

Completing collector's book and monster's book, earning all titles, unlocking 100% of the map, stepping on every save point aren't easy tasks. At least you can unlock the option to view all skits with New Game+.

The game itself is not hard, since there is an easy difficulty mode.

• 10 months later...

3/10

In general, RPGs are rarely difficult. I would have rated this a 1 if it were not for the Border Reorder minigame.

I have never played a Tales game but I have heard many great things about them, especially this one so I have decided to play this game first.

I had a great time doing all of these trophies. I even went out of my way to learn all skills for each character. I just could not get enough of this game and even now, I wish there was just more to do.

If you are like me and can not read a single word of Japanese, it can be daunting to play this game. I felt that was the first day I popped this game in. I had all sorts of questions until I have discovered a platinum walkthrough which made me retry the game a year later, however I was forced to stop playing due to a silly inconsistency. Two weeks ago, I finally picked the game up once more and have finally did it.

The only regret is that I ruined the story for myself due to my lack of understanding but from what I can tell, I had many laughs and interesting scenes.

Even though I did not speak Japanese, did that make the game difficult? No. It only doubled my playtime. Even the final boss in Telescopic Graveyard was a complete joke. The secret missions were a little annoying, but not difficult either with the right strategies.

As for my total play time...

190 hours, 49 minutes, 22 seconds.

Would have been around 100 hours if I did not try to look for translations for everything.

For an easy platinum, I am sure proud of this because of the hours of dedication I have spent. It was worth every minute.

Can not speak Japanese?

Follow these these four guides:

100%SplitPlaythru

KoulinoVesperia

Aselia, Tales wiki

AppleKratue's Monster Book guide

Mixing all 4 of these creates the perfect guide to platinum for anybody no little to no knowledge of kana.

Well, it is time for me to move on and play Resonance of Fate (or should I play Xillia? h'm...).

• 9 months later...

I gave it a 6, it was time consuming and required a lot of careful planning, but not hard and didn't require a lot of practice or skill.

I got my platinum trophy in around 130 hours with my completion playthrough first, then speed run and low level. (I know Japanese, so maybe it quickened the time for the collector and monster books?)

None of the trophies were notoriously difficult, although the Boarder Repede one is the only trophy I had to try over 20 times before i got it...

Its my proudest platinum though:)

Edited by LavaYuki
forgot to add something

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

7/10. It would be lower if there weren't all those missable things in the way. You want to be as careful as possible since 1 mistake may make you force into restarting another playthrough. Not understanding Japanese complicated things a little for me, mostly because I played the game on Hard without knowing what skills I was using lol and that's why I had to revert to Normal for Spiral Draco :( (of course I played on Easy for the speed run).

• 1 month later...

5 with Kouli's guide, 9 without.

The only difficult parts for me were Yeager's secret mission and Repede's snowboarding. Otherwise, if you're conscious of what items, monsters and sidequests are missable, it's very doable. It's a matter of dedication and patience, just like most other Tales platinums.

• 2 years later...

I gave it a 7/10 as it was really time consuming with almost every side quest being missable, and a title associated with everything from the waiter mini game to the marking map. This game really left no stone unturned in that it needed you to accomplish literally everything, so there was no getting away even from the annoying Border Repede mini game.

I found secret mission 2 to be quite hard, and it took me a while to get the one against Nan and Tyson, but the for the rest I got them easily in one try.

The collector and monsters catalogues needed planning; I remember forgetting to steal the Gauche and Droite swords, hence having to do it on my speed run. The game had a fair share of trophies that really tested one's patience (dog map, slot machines, save points, playing as Estelle in the Colosseum etc)... I used the Japanese wiki to get all the side-quests, I don't think I could have done this without a guide.

• 2 months later...

(Why is everyone having such an hard time with Boarder Repede??? Anyway...)

I'm giving this a good 6. There's a lot of stuff that are pretty obtuse without a guide (I.E. knowing when to go where for what with no explanation. Because game desing I guess), some secret mission are kinda challenging (or downright retarded with the Boat one), finding all the items is a MASSIVE pain since there's like 1400+ of them. Some title are a pain too. The rest is fairly easy.

There's a lot of things to considerate when rating a game like this one; language barrier in this case, with or without guides... But for me it was a 6, with help on sidequest from Kouli's guide and a hell lot of googling for items, where to get them and what they are xD

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

5/10

It's not as difficult as Symphonia imho, especially since Symphonia had Red Light/Green Light. Boarder Repede is nowhere near as bad as that and most tracks were done within the first try.

Hardest parts for me were 200 Man Melees with Estelle, Flynn and Judith. Estelle took a while to get used to until I discovered her arte Dividing Edge. Dividing Edge x Holy Rain was great :D Flynn is just so slow and I needed to test out a few good arte combos until I got safely through the colosseum, and Judith's fight was just trying to gitgud with her air juggles. Everything else wasn't that bad, but there's a lot of missable stuff, so a guide is a must.

• 8 months later...

I give it a 5. Boarder Repede, some secret missions such as 4 (knock boss overboard) and 18 (Guard break boss at a specific moment) and a few coliseum solo fights with some characters can be quite a challenge to get the hang of it. Some specific monster collector entries and item enties are highly missable and time sensitive. A Long and enjoyable Tales of JRPG with tons to complete.