Xbox Exclusivity Contract is FALSE INFORMATION!

Namco Europe Junior Community Manager Charlotte Toci has retracted her statement from April, where she claimed a Microsoft exclusivity contract was preventing Tales of Vesperia from seeing a PlayStation 3 release in the west. Her statement, issued on Facebook, apologizes for wrongly “sharing a false information to fans.”

Here’s the thing in full:

A few months ago I replied to a fan who asked me why Tales of Vesperia wasn’t localized in Europe on my Facebook page. I replied that it was because of a Microsoft exclusivity, thinking that that was the reason why, even though I didn’t have any official information on that.

I was wrong to do so, and sadly my reply was relayed on many websites, thus sharing a false information to fans around the web.

I would like to send my sincere apologies to all the Tales Series fans I have wrongly informed, and Microsoft & Namco Bandai for any damage that might have been caused with this.

Link:

Namco: Tales of Vesperia exclusivity contract was “false information”

I knew that damn woman was talking out of her ass!

There is no way MS would spend extra money for exclusivity rights in a couple of regions for a niche game that not many people are going to buy and play anyway!!

When I first saw the comment, I right away thought "Bullshit!" Bamco is lying their asses off with this, just to shut people up.

Microsoft did spend the money to make Tales of Vesperia an Xbox 360 exclusive outside of Japan, but I believe the contract was more temporarily like maybe 1 or 2 years. This coming August will be 3 years of the game being out on Xbox 360, so will be interesting to see what will happen next(just reached 2 years for Europe).

We will be getting Tales of Graces F for sure for PS3, Tales of Xillia is a maybe, and Vesperia PS3 is unknown. Plus we have that Tales of the Abyss 3D coming out to the Nintendo 3DS outside of Japan. So it does seem like Namco is trying harder than they used to for bringing Tales game outside of Japan(which isn't saying too much since Namco barely even tried to bring over Tales games in the past, but still better than before).

Edited by Shuffle

I really like Tales of Vesperia, though I never really finished it because I accidently deleted my saved game files which I had worked pretty hard on (they were in Japanese on the memory unit and I confused them with the Japanese demo)!

This seems like a weird, unnecessary apology.

At least follow it up with "but/so in the future, we'll be bringing the next title in the Tales series to PS3, and the special edition with utilize an official "steel-book" case!"

I really like Tales of Vesperia, though I never really finished it because I accidently deleted my saved game files which I had worked pretty hard on (they were in Japanese on the memory unit and I confused them with the Japanese demo)!

This seems like a weird, unnecessary apology.

At least follow it up with "but/so in the future, we'll be bringing the next title in the Tales series to PS3, and the special edition with utilize an official "steel-book" case!"

So make another steelbook case for Tales of Vesperia?