XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 02-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
Blood_Runs_Cold

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Default Do you think Tales of Innocence R could really be coming Stateside?

While every fan of the Tales series knows exactly how tight to the chest Namco-Bandai holds it's Tales games from release outside of Japan, with the hype of Graces F, what do think the chances are that we will be getting a localized version of Innocence R?

Well, I say I'm follish for buying a handheld system for a game that I may never be able to play in my native language, but I still have hope.

There is a rumor going around about DLC for Innocence R in the US Vita store that has me hoping with all hope that this isn't just some stupid mistake.

Article in link:

Rumor: Tales of Innocence R headed stateside - Gematsu

"Tales fans are on a roll, if a new rumor means anything. GameFAQs user Sora_Hold (via Abyssal Chronicles) discovered an interesting piece of download content available on the U.S. PlayStation Store. A “Ruca Previous life Costume,” by publisher “NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc.,” is up on the store, for some reason. Ruca is the main character in PlayStation Vita’s Tales of Innocence R, which came out in Japan late last month. A western localization has yet to be announced.

If anyone has a PS Vita and can check and confirm the item’s availability, let us know in the comments. We’ll contact Namco Bandai for comment."

What do you guys think of this?

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by Blood_Runs_Cold; 02-22-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Blood_Runs_Cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
Shuffle

Awards Showcase Helping Hand   2,500 Posts

Well I do still believe the sales of Graces F and Abyss 3D will likely have some kind of effect on if Namco is going to stay serious on bringing over more Tales games out of Japan or not which includes Innocence R and Xillia.

But I also believe in that since it's a Vita game which is a system that just came out, it does sort of bring in more opportunities for sales for them since the system is new and fresh.

Though of course only Namco USA can tell you if it's coming or not.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #3
Aeliana

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Word of Mouth - Silver   Gold  Road Map Submitter   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   PAX Meet Up   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Platinum Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner   I Beat the Staff!!!!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

Yup. Innocence R and Xillia likely hinge on the sales of Graces F, sooooo... buy Graces F. Hell, buy TWO copies of it and give one to a friend.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
raspberrylicious

Dunno, but I really hope so.
(I hope they don't call him Ruca, though. It just sounds so unnatural...)

Latest : Under Defeat HD Deluxe Edition (#13)
Latest 100%: Lost in the rain (#24)
1400th Trophy - Oathkeeper (Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD)

raspberrylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
Blood_Runs_Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeliana View Post
Yup. Innocence R and Xillia likely hinge on the sales of Graces F, sooooo... buy Graces F. Hell, buy TWO copies of it and give one to a friend.

Way ahead of ya there. I pre ordered two copies. One to play and one to keep sealed, as this may very well be the ONLY PS3 game that is ever released in english lol

Old 02-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #6
Aeliana

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Word of Mouth - Silver   Gold  Road Map Submitter   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   PAX Meet Up   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Platinum Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner   I Beat the Staff!!!!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Runs_Cold View Post
Way ahead of ya there. I pre ordered two copies. One to play and one to keep sealed, as this may very well be the ONLY PS3 game that is ever released in english lol
Good man. I do that too sometimes, buy one to play and another to keep sealed... most recently, I actually bought *three* copies of Child of Eden and gave two to friends, just because it's a great game that I loved and I wanted to support the developers as much as I could.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:18 PM   #7
Blood_Runs_Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeliana View Post
Good man. I do that too sometimes, buy one to play and another to keep sealed... most recently, I actually bought *three* copies of Child of Eden and gave two to friends, just because it's a great game that I loved and I wanted to support the developers as much as I could.
HAHA! A lot of my friends have preordered it also, and anybody else would a be a waste to give the game to. COD never leaves their PS3 tray lol..

Come to think of it, I still have Tales of Legendia and Abyss for the PS2 still sealed in it's original packaging... I wonder if those are worth anything these days?

Old 02-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #8
raspberrylicious

I think the Xillia DC that will inevitably happen (remember the news about all the cut content?) will come over here after the Japanese release as long as Abyss and Graces f don't bomb (and it doesn't look like they are).

Innocence R is more of a guess. Maybe they'll use it to test the Vita market like they did with Radiant Mythology 1? One would hope...

Latest : Under Defeat HD Deluxe Edition (#13)
Latest 100%: Lost in the rain (#24)
1400th Trophy - Oathkeeper (Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD)

raspberrylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #9
Shuffle

Awards Showcase Helping Hand   2,500 Posts

Not really 100% related news, but thought it should be mentioned since it is interesting news nonetheless.

Tales Of Hearts Trademark Filed By Namco Bandai In The US | Siliconera
Old 02-23-2012, 03:47 PM   #10
Blood_Runs_Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffle View Post
Not really 100% related news, but thought it should be mentioned since it is interesting news nonetheless.

Tales Of Hearts Trademark Filed By Namco Bandai In The US | Siliconera

Nice find Shuffle! I don't know what this will mean for us, but a Tales Fan is fueled by hopes, dreams, and dissapointment.

Either Hearts will come, or it won't. As long as it gives me a reason to go on living till Xillia/ Innocence R/ Vesperia/ any come out.

I'm even thinking of importing Innocence R, but I can't read or understand japanese for crap, and I'm afraid that as soon as I drop almost 100 bucks on an import, Namco will announce a localized version

Well, Hell. If thats what it takes lol!