Rate the trophy difficulty...  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_6.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.81

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would give it a 6/10. Most of the trophies are pretty easy to get through your second playthrough as you can increase your damage/critical rate through the grade shop. Mostly, this game requires a ton of grinding, the most I've done in a game yet.

The Gentlemen trophy is probably the most annoying one out of them all..

• 1 month later...

I gave it a 5. Although there are some time consuming aspects and "getting used to" for the trophies, if you plan it out properly, you can plat in two playthroughs. There are two super annoying trophy related to full completion of quests and viewing all of the mini-skits, which doesn't carry over the playthroughs.

• 4 weeks later...

I gave it a 3. The main game was easy enough that I was able to do all normal battles on Hard or higher already, so the difficulty there is null. If you're dedicated about dualizing (running down the list and making new items every time you get new ingredients), then requests will pretty much all be there. Fill in missing items with the Arles pot and you should be fine minus minor grinding. If you're serious about it, then using the +piece drop book as soon as you get it make the final requests cake. I didn't bother equipping it until the end and I only had to farm for ~7 pieces, all of which dropped in under 10 minutes each. Grinding the Arles pot was cake too, just tedious. I had 9100 energy once I finished all other trophies, so getting to 9500 was 20-25 minutes of work and done. The Zoon Cage can be zoomed through at low level on simple difficulty, and Rock Gagan I was able to beat fairly easily. Getting titles was easy too, just switch your main char and spam special moves. I did absolutely no farming for titles and got every title trophy on my first playthrough.

Overall, nothing fancy here. Just be sure you use a good walkthrough to get the missable quests, though I don't think they benefit you at all aside from extra grade in NG+.

• 4 months later...

6 out of 10. Not difficult, but incredibly time consuming. Took over 250 hours and 5+ playthroughs. Most time will be spent on maxing the energy for the Arles Pot, which takes 5-10 hours easily. The other horrid trophy is the Gentleman fight. After 4 or so playthroughs collecting fragments and dualize knowledge, this still took a bit of grinding and 27 hours total for this one trophy. Follow the roadmap guidelines for all trophies for the easiest and least amount of time to spend on this platinum.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It IS possible to get all the trophies in one run; it's just extremely difficult. I got 90% of trophies on one run and completed my remaining 1 minute battle trophies on a quick second (I pretty much leveled as needed and ran through until I got platinum). If you over-level alot and put the 1 minute boss battles on simple/easy, you can do this in one run. I really took my time and the plat took me 275 hours although I'm sure most ppl will do this in half the time. I am a completionist after all :D

• 2 weeks later...

While you can just throw the difficulty on easy and pretty much blast though any enemy you encounter, this will also really make the time cunsumption skyrocket.

It is possible to get platinum on 1 playthrough, but pretty damn difficult.

I'll vote like this:

1 playthough - 8

2 playthough - 6

I give it a 6. A Gentlemanly Triumph didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would (thanks to knowing what shards to look for). Mixer Maxed is gonna be time consuming, but certainly not hard. If you want to do it in 1 playthrough, I give it an 8 or 9 (but that's just cause you'd have to waste so much time grinding and/or have to buy the DLC).

I voted 7.

The game really isn't hard, but it IS very time-consuming. I spent 130+ hours with this game and that was using a guide. The Gentlemanly Triumph trophy can be a pain in the backside without a guide, especially when it comes to the requests for weapons with special qualities and the Mixer Maxer Trophy will most likely require a couple extra hours of mindless grinding to max it for the trophy.

I did all this just by asking questions and sometimes figuring things out on my own through trial and error. Otherwise i would probably have voted 6...or even 5.

more time consuming than ne thing, in addition the more time you spend grinding the easier it becomes. I gave it a 6 just because of the annoyingness(yes that is a word) of doing all the requests. maxing out your eleth mixer is massively time consuming however if you start using miso stew asap with the right books it cuts this down considerably

Finally plat-ed this game. Its kind of hard to give this game a difficulty rating. In terms of difficulty for gameplay, this game isn't difficult at all, you can simply change difficulties with no penalties and everything ends up being a cake walk. But this game is certainly very time consuming, I spent a total of roughly 133 hours to get this plat and this is proabably the most time I've put into a platinum out of all my platinums. Granted I did the first playthrough without following a guide and was playing for the story. I cleaned up everything that I can after completing the future arc then went back to do a speed run which took 5 hours to clean up the 60 sec boss trophies.

In terms of gameplay difficulty this could easily be a 2 for me (was playing normal difficulty throughout the game without lowering the difficulty). I normally wouldn't consider time a factor in terms of platinum difficulty but being over 100 hrs+ I kinda have to. So factoring in the time it takes along with its gameplay difficulty, I have to give it an overall 4 difficulty. I enjoyed this game quite a bit, although the story wasn't as epic as I thought it would be like other Tales games. But still a fun game and rewarding plat.

Edited by Makino

• 2 weeks later...

Gave it a 4/10, only have the Eleth trophy left. Really easy plat, just really grindy 75 hours in my first playthrough with 5976 on the eleth. Just need to plan everything and you can do it in one playthrough! Just use the piggyback method if there are any bosses you can't beat, instant ko the gentleman on chaos :p

Edit: just got my plat, took me 80 hours and 24 minutes. Did buy 3 DLCs though, 2 level 10's (helps me with those 60 second bosses except for lamda) and double SP.

Edited by piita

Gave it a 4/10, only have the Eleth trophy left. Really easy plat, just really grindy 75 hours in my first playthrough with 5976 on the eleth. Just need to plan everything and you can do it in one playthrough! Just use the piggyback method if there are any bosses you can't beat, instant ko the gentleman on chaos :p

Edit: just got my plat, took me 80 hours and 24 minutes. Did buy 3 DLCs though, 2 level 10's (helps me with those 60 second bosses except for lamda) and double SP.

Wow that's really fast. Any tips you've got? I'm currently on first playthrough and only 10 hours in (using a guide).

• 2 weeks later...