Bosses in 60 sec

nemesisrules45

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
...believe it or not, I never knew this lol. Finally a proper use for the hourglass. (Always felt like a mostly useless item to me.)

The hourglass is fantastic for trophies. You will absolutely blow through the boss on the hardest difficulty. If you spend time mastering one of the titles, you can double the hourglass time limit, which is incredible.

• 1 month later...

In case anyone has picked this up recently on the Store and got the 'Knight edition' with all the DLC boosts, you can easily do (so far, see below) the 60 second battles on the first playthrough. I played bosses on easy and most you can beat without trying too hard, but certain ones, e.g. Richard, you can do by saving before the battle, using the Level +10 and Level +5 boosts, beating the boss (I got Richard in 59 seconds :)), then reloading the save afterwards so as to keep the bonuses for future use. I haven't had to grind so far...I might need to for the final two bosses (final boss in main game and in Future Arc), but I'll let you know when I get there if I pulled it off...

Well I got to the main arc final boss...beat part 1 in under a minute but took me 2 minutes to pulverise part 2...dang. Still, I am not giving up on avoiding a second playthrough...will continue through future arc and then give it another go when I've levelled up...could always spam hourglasses instead I guess, but that seems unfair to the poor guy :D

Well I got to the main arc final boss...beat part 1 in under a minute but took me 2 minutes to pulverise part 2...dang. Still, I am not giving up on avoiding a second playthrough...will continue through future arc and then give it another go when I've levelled up...could always spam hourglasses instead I guess, but that seems unfair to the poor guy :D

If all else fail, you can go with piggyback.

If all else fail, you can go with piggyback.

I really wanted to avoid doing this as it seemed just TOO cheap...but I had to submit with the boss of Future Arc...just to avoid grinding when I just wanted to go back to the main arc...

Still, having played through Future Arc, the 60 seconds for final boss was then pretty easy, got it in 38 seconds! And finished off Rockgagong without piggyback...amazing what another 20 levels of XP does :)

Just Floor 10 of Zhonecage, upgraded final boss and the unavoidable grind for Mixer Maxed to go, but avoided a second playthrough. Woo! Well OK I will probably use the NG+ mixer boosts to finish it off quicker...but near enough.