Exp grinding

electroNICK

zhonecage floor #4-6 put your double exp book and set your difficulty in normal and you should have 100k+ every battle :)

should i have upgraded equipment, because none of mine is, and if so, what level of upgrade? this is my first tales game so im not sure if im doing everything correctly... my party is asbel(dps), sophi(dps/backup healer), pascal(caster), and cheria(healer), does that sound sufficient?

At this point you'll probably want to start dualizing your equipment, and if you can dualize your equipment with crystals to start off with stronger ones (you don't have to though, I started Zhonecage with Phact Phantasia +5 for Asbel and did fine).

Dualizing is great if you can afford it otherwise you would want level up your titles to level 5. You'll get a majority of your stats from there. Also, try and get the titles that allow you to perform Mystic Artes after a 25, 50, & 75 hit combo, they'll come in handy.

As for your party it should do fine. I had Asbel, Hubert, Pascal, & Cheria. In your case having an extra healer could come in handy (granted Hubert can heal, but probably not as well as Sophie).