Any tips on maxing the Eleth Mixer?

Sgt Phantomizer

For regular playthrough not grinding it with the Rockgagong...let's just say, tips on optimizing the mixer so it steadily gains more eleth capacity:p

I have it setup with the Book of Growth, Potential and Expansion but so far, progress has been slow at best...it's barely increased by 100 since i started a New Game+.

Tips? advice?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's going to take a lot of time. There's no getting around that.

Set Curry + Dry Curry to the mixer, put in the Book of Satiation for two meals per battle and Book of Restraint. Make sure to keep in the Book of Growth + Potential as well. That way, you'll be able to maximize your eleth growth while minimizing the eleth spent.

I found Ghardia Shaft to be a great place to farm this. Set the difficulty to Chaos, let the enemies toss you around for a bit before running or beating them. There's a save point near by and if you stick near the teleporter you can run back to the shuttle to restock.

I've been using the same books. I'm not really grinding eleth yet, but what I've been doing, is adding Chili shrimp and Marble steak with red wine? to my mixer.

Making Hubert group leader, going to Lahnt Hill and one shotting everything. The respawn rate is super fast, and the area by the discovery is such a small place, you practicly run right into enemies.

Once I start getting the steaks instead of chili shrimp, i know I'm almost out of eleth. (At least less than half anyway)

I am right by the exit so I warp to Zhonecage, and restock my mixer. Then warp back to Lhant Hill.

I am not saying this is the ideal way to get eleth, however, it is a huge convenience due to never having to make a big journey back to a merchant to eleth stock, and the fights take 1-2 seconds tops.

I've been using the same books. I'm not really grinding eleth yet, but what I've been doing, is adding Chili shrimp and Marble steak with red wine? to my mixer.

Making Hubert group leader, going to Lahnt Hill and one shotting everything. The respawn rate is super fast, and the area by the discovery is such a small place, you practicly run right into enemies.

Once I start getting the steaks instead of chili shrimp, i know I'm almost out of eleth. (At least less than half anyway)

I am right by the exit so I warp to Zhonecage, and restock my mixer. Then warp back to Lhant Hill.

I am not saying this is the ideal way to get eleth, however, it is a huge convenience due to never having to make a big journey back to a merchant to eleth stock, and the fights take 1-2 seconds tops.

Instead of one of those foods you could add miso stew which is the best eleth exp growth for making it have more eleth

OK so keep in mind that I played the japanese version of the game so what I'm about to say may have been slightly changed and the names may be off.

As stated above, I grinded out my energy in the back of Lhant Hill. I mainly used Omelette Rice and Red Wine Beef which activate when energy is above 50% and below 50% respectively. Since the fights are going so fast anyways most other food won't pop off in battle. I had a few of books set as well: Growth Manuscript - Eleth energy will be increased at the end of every battle

Large Container Manuscript - Food energy consumption is doubled, but max Eleth energy will grow when food is used in battle.

These are the 2 main ones I can't remember the others. Again the names are probably different in the English version. Now once you get past 9000 it is going to be slow. I only grinded till 9500 and bought the last 500 energy in the grade shop. I would only suggest doing this when you have the portable Turtle flute that gives you access to the turtle shop anywhere from your inventory. Quest can be started in the Turtle Camp and completed once you kill the Floor 4 boss of the Zhonecage.

(got the 500+ from grade shop since I had the grade to spend). .

Nooo. You should have saved it for the 9000s because from 1-2000 you get fast exp then 2001-8999 its slower then 9000+ its really slow.

This was my last trophy, 2 full playthroughs got me to 6000 eleth cooking miso stew.

To grind out the rest I went to Lhant hill. I worked on my remaining title trophies and used the Turtlez flute to refill my mixer. I stopped at 9495 eleth (don't go over this you might glitch your trophy if you do the 500 eleth upgrade), then started a NG+ and transferred 500 eleth bonus, which brought me to 9995. I fought a couple battles and got the trophy.

Another nice book for the eleth mixer is Book of Frugality, it lowers cooking costs but keeps the eleth mixer exp the same. I think I got it from beating the Rockgagong, but I'm not 100% on that.

Edited by NovaSD

I got it just grinding out levels and titles but I played a lot of hours overall. And I think the glitch occurs if you have 9499 energy and get exactly 9999 with the +500. If you are at 9500+ energy you shouldn't get the glitch. However since they removed the money glitch they probably fixed this glitch as well.

Oh. Well how slow is it really? I have my old pre ng+ save left and am only about 1,5 hours into NG+. Would you suggest I just restarted it all?

It's not too bad. To go from 9000-9999 would take ~450-500 battles in Lhant Hill, so it might add a couple of hours.

To the above post, I don't know if you can transfer it twice or only once, as I didn't transfer it the first NG+.

Edited by NovaSD

Damn this is going to be a pain. I'm at 50 hours on my first play and im only at 2150.. So what should i make with the miso? The only things i can make are ones that the battle needs to be over 60 seconds..

Make "miso Stew" to make you need:

Dashi Stew + Miso

to make dashi stew you need:

Radish + Egg

Also, don't feel bad about the 2150, I'm currently at 170 hours playthrough 1 and my mixer is barely at 4708!! lolol

I'm currently at 170 hours playthrough 1 and my mixer is barely at 4708!! lolol

I finished my first playthrough at around 265 hours and got my pot to 9505ish, so I can believe that. It's really long! I opted to just buy the 500 energy but I could have probably grinded out the remaining energy in another 5-10 hours. I was emptying all my energy in about 5 battles in the back of Lhant Hill (well actually I lvled on the cliff, more mobs and faster repops there).

Thank god for the Portable Turtle Shop! lol :D

Make "miso Stew" to make you need:

Dashi Stew + Miso

to make dashi stew you need:

Radish + Egg

Also, don't feel bad about the 2150, I'm currently at 170 hours playthrough 1 and my mixer is barely at 4708!! lolol

Thanks man! that was driving me crazy! wow that's crazy! guess it is harder to level up the more you get O_o

ok im in the very few hours of my 2nd play. its kind of a pain keeping the mixer full. The book of restraint says it will make food at 1/2 the cost witch sounds nice but will that make it level up slower? btw im at 85 hours between both my plays and my mixer is at 5951

Edited by newgroundsguru

Everytime you buy 500 eleth upgrade from grade shop, it stacks. So if at the end of your first playthrough, you have 5000, buy it, you would have 5500. If you complete your second playthrough with 9400 grade and buy the 500 eleth again, you will have 9900.

Also, from what I saw, any grade you had at the end of your first playthrough get carried to the second one. Didn't do anything on the second one, not a single sidequest, didn't have any combo have 10 hits and it kept my 999 hits combo from last playthrough along with everything else. Hell, I even got more grade than before due to the fact I got new titles along the way, got more soul orb and finished the game under 12 hours the second time.

Note: Even though you use 1, 5 and 50 soul orbs for inn requests, you get those on your next playthrough.

Edited by Giga_Gaia

Everytime you buy 500 eleth upgrade from grade shop, it stacks. So if at the end of your first playthrough, you have 5000, buy it, you would have 5500. If you complete your second playthrough with 9400 grade and buy the 500 eleth again, you will have 9900.

it kept my 999 hits combo from last playthrough along with everything else.

Note: Even though you use 1, 5 and 50 soul orbs for inn requests, you get those on your next playthrough.

A) That's good to know. I kinda figured that'd be the case.

B) Really? Cause everything I've read says combo grade is only from your current playthrough.

C) Yeah, also even though you can only hold 99 soul orbs, it obviously gives you credit for each beyond that.

Damn this is going to be a pain. I'm at 50 hours on my first play and im only at 2150.. So what should i make with the miso? The only things i can make are ones that the battle needs to be over 60 seconds..

lucky you i just figured out how to use the thing a little better through trial and error, namely finaly knowing how to acually cook in battle.. SO im at 59 hours and only have 819.

Another pretty good place to grind the eleth mixer post game that I don't think people have mentioned is zhonecage, if people have suggested it then nvm on that :), having book of exchange and dissolution(not sure if this book helped as much) pretty much net me 1-400 eleth per battle which pretty much keeps you above 50% eleth easily, any floor should be fine as I used the 4th floor while looking for specific shards for the inn requests whilst on my 2nd playthrough having 2x dmg and 2x gald drop. I only set miso stew and mabo curry while having book of frugality, potential and some others that benefit the mixers growth. Grinding at zhonecage was pretty fast for me since each battle lasted about 20seconds or less and would increase the mixer by 5 until I hit the 9000's going down to 2 per battle and the monster spawn is comparable to using dark bottle anywhere else.

Also happy to note at finally maxing out the eleth mixer today at about 130hrs total :)

• 4 weeks later...