Bats Right, Throws Lame help?

Haha OMG. I was so happy to see a new post in here, and then it was about this trophy... But then it was just you. :p

Man, we've been plodding at this for HOURS now. Anyway, if it helps anyone else, here's some of the stuff we tried already:

• Throwing bombs (both lit and unlit) at the guy on the boat.
  • Repeatedly throwing switches in the clamshell things in the jungle.
  • Repeatedly throwing switches on cannons.
  • Repeatedly letting LeChuck throw Guybrush at the mast at the start of the chapter.
  • I even left the game on in the doc's office to see if it was some kind of "Guybrush dies" thing like in the remake of the first Monkey Island. After 20 minutes, nothing.

So, right about now I'm ready to start pulling my hair out.

I've also tried getting shot by De Singe's air gun and letting the cursed hand keep punching Guybrush in the face. Neither helped.
Oh, you mean when you can ask to call that guy "D'oro the Explorer"? That wouldn't have been a bad idea... But that doesn't work either?! :wall:

EDIT: Nope it doesn't!

Normally, I love you guys, but right now I hate you all so much Telltale. :mad:

Edited by mjc0961

Oooh, good one. I'll go bug Stuff right now and see if he tried that (I didn't).

EDIT: Just tried it, no dice. If you try tossing it to the monkey in the other position, he just says "I can't reach that from here." Using the key on anything else gets "I don't think I can unlock that."

http://www.ddcrew.com/rageguy.jpg

Edited by mjc0961

You guys seem to have covered all the stuff I've tried or thought of trying. Throwing bombs at Winslow seemed like the most logical as Guybrush do have a really lame throw.

I wonder:

Many of the trophy names seems to be puns, like "Leave well enough alone". Does anyone know if there's any kind of bat or stick-like object that can be used to hit things?

Played this on PC 2009 but I can't remember anything you could bat around.

Also, the "kinda" in the trophy description makes me wonder what that could be. How do you make Guybrush throw things "kinda"? If it's not by shooting cannonballs/bottles out of cannons or lame atempts trying to throw bombs, what else is there to throw around?

Yeah, the "kinda" is why I was trying things like levers as well... But nothing.

Doing searches for the phrase turns up this thread, and then a few baseball things as well. Stuff like "bats right, throws left" or "bats right, throws right", but it doesn't seem to have any relevance that I can find: nothing like baseball here.

You get it by throwing the parrot against the stone wall that De Singe opens with the stick.

When your at the wall you can interact with the face on the door, the manatee head on top and your goal, the whole portal itself. If you hold down R2 you can se that there's a marker for the portal just next to the manatee head's marker. That's your ticket.

Use the parrot and Guybrush will try to throw it over to the other side but it will just bounce back to the ground.

DING trophy unlocked.

Holy cow what a hassle this has been for everyone trying to find it. Especially since the other ones aren't that convoluted.

Felt hella good finding it though! :dance:

EDIT: The trophy's picture shows a bomb so I guess you have to throw bombs at Winslow AND throw the parrot. Both are really lame throws so I guess they go together.

Edited by Blam-Blam-Kerpow

Of course, now Chapter 1 starts bugging out on me... My PS3 freezes, it loads a save with no Guybrush on screen... Why do they not want me to get this trophy?

EDIT: :dance::dance::dance: :locked::locked::locked: :bounce::bounce::bounce: :banana::banana::banana: :dance::dance::dance:

http://trophy01.np.community.playstation.net/trophy/np/NPWR01327_00_A1E0175E700239559D6D76732535EEEC6E0FBDD0/E68E5354C7EF83E381CBDA26EA09774F2C019D9A.PNG

Bats Right, Throws Lame

Repeatedly Threw Things... Kinda

Blam-Blam-Kerpow, you are the best ever. Two thumbs up! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Edited by mjc0961

I did lit, unlit, and the parrot.

Urgh... I'll have to run another playthrough then, since I also didn't get the pox-related Trophy. Or maybe I'll just forget about'em; I like this game, but not enough to play it again. =)

Once you get cannonballs -- but before you get possession of the Screaming Narwhal -- go see Captain Winslow. Chuck a lit cannonball at him. You'll miss in impressive fashion. Now toss an unlit cannonball at him. Again, not even close. You won't even hit the ship, and it's a pretty big target to miss. Now finally (and much later in the game), when you get to the Manatee/Ancient Portal door, after you use the unbreakable bottle breaker on the crystal nose, the face falls off. Take the Pyrite Parrot, and instead of shoving it through the hole from whence the face fell, throw it at the ancient portal. It'll bounce off the wall, again proudly displaying Guybrush's inpressive outfielder-caliber throwing arm. The trophy will then unlock.

• 3 weeks later...