Tales of Innocence R

Do you think Tales of Innocence R could really be coming Stateside?

Blood_Runs_Cold

While every fan of the Tales series knows exactly how tight to the chest Namco-Bandai holds it's Tales games from release outside of Japan, with the hype of Graces F, what do think the chances are that we will be getting a localized version of Innocence R?

Well, I say I'm follish for buying a handheld system for a game that I may never be able to play in my native language, but I still have hope.

There is a rumor going around about DLC for Innocence R in the US Vita store that has me hoping with all hope that this isn't just some stupid mistake.

Article in link:

Rumor: Tales of Innocence R headed stateside - Gematsu

"Tales fans are on a roll, if a new rumor means anything. GameFAQs user Sora_Hold (via Abyssal Chronicles) discovered an interesting piece of download content available on the U.S. PlayStation Store. A “Ruca Previous life Costume,” by publisher “NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc.,” is up on the store, for some reason. Ruca is the main character in PlayStation Vita’s Tales of Innocence R, which came out in Japan late last month. A western localization has yet to be announced.

If anyone has a PS Vita and can check and confirm the item’s availability, let us know in the comments. We’ll contact Namco Bandai for comment."

What do you guys think of this?

Edited by Blood_Runs_Cold

Well I do still believe the sales of Graces F and Abyss 3D will likely have some kind of effect on if Namco is going to stay serious on bringing over more Tales games out of Japan or not which includes Innocence R and Xillia.

But I also believe in that since it's a Vita game which is a system that just came out, it does sort of bring in more opportunities for sales for them since the system is new and fresh.

Though of course only Namco USA can tell you if it's coming or not.

Yup. Innocence R and Xillia likely hinge on the sales of Graces F, sooooo... buy Graces F. Hell, buy TWO copies of it and give one to a friend. ;)

Way ahead of ya there. I pre ordered two copies. One to play and one to keep sealed, as this may very well be the ONLY PS3 game that is ever released in english lol:cool:

Way ahead of ya there. I pre ordered two copies. One to play and one to keep sealed, as this may very well be the ONLY PS3 game that is ever released in english lol:cool:

Good man. :) I do that too sometimes, buy one to play and another to keep sealed... most recently, I actually bought *three* copies of Child of Eden and gave two to friends, just because it's a great game that I loved and I wanted to support the developers as much as I could.

Good man. :) I do that too sometimes, buy one to play and another to keep sealed... most recently, I actually bought *three* copies of Child of Eden and gave two to friends, just because it's a great game that I loved and I wanted to support the developers as much as I could.

HAHA! A lot of my friends have preordered it also, and anybody else would a be a waste to give the game to. COD never leaves their PS3 tray lol..

Come to think of it, I still have Tales of Legendia and Abyss for the PS2 still sealed in it's original packaging... I wonder if those are worth anything these days?:think:

I think the Xillia DC that will inevitably happen (remember the news about all the cut content?) will come over here after the Japanese release as long as Abyss and Graces f don't bomb (and it doesn't look like they are).

Innocence R is more of a guess. Maybe they'll use it to test the Vita market like they did with Radiant Mythology 1? One would hope...

Not really 100% related news, but thought it should be mentioned since it is interesting news nonetheless.

Tales Of Hearts Trademark Filed By Namco Bandai In The US | Siliconera

Nice find Shuffle! I don't know what this will mean for us, but a Tales Fan is fueled by hopes, dreams, and dissapointment.

Either Hearts will come, or it won't. As long as it gives me a reason to go on living till Xillia/ Innocence R/ Vesperia/ any come out.

I'm even thinking of importing Innocence R, but I can't read or understand japanese for crap, and I'm afraid that as soon as I drop almost 100 bucks on an import, Namco will announce a localized version:eek:

Well, Hell. If thats what it takes lol!

I'm even thinking of importing Innocence R, but I can't read or understand japanese for crap, and I'm afraid that as soon as I drop almost 100 bucks on an import, Namco will announce a localized version :eek:

I'm waiting until a bit after Graces releases to import, giving Namco US some time to announce if they want to.

Don't worry about understanding it; you won't get the story or anything, but soon enough guides will be out to help you through the storyline. If you've played any other Tales games, you shouldn't have problems with combat, menus, or anything like that. (There's also wikis that can help you with character artes.)

The main issue is cutscenes and story. You won't get anything out of that. But everything else can be enjoyed as if it was in English. And who knows; maybe if it isn't localized, someone will be nice enough to make an English script of the game!

Also, the game isn't near $100. On Playasia, the Asia release is only US$65 and the JP release is $72. Not too bad!

I'm waiting until a bit after Graces releases to import, giving Namco US some time to announce if they want to.

Don't worry about understanding it; you won't get the story or anything, but soon enough guides will be out to help you through the storyline. If you've played any other Tales games, you shouldn't have problems with combat, menus, or anything like that. (There's also wikis that can help you with character artes.)

The main issue is cutscenes and story. You won't get anything out of that. But everything else can be enjoyed as if it was in English. And who knows; maybe if it isn't localized, someone will be nice enough to make an English script of the game!

Also, the game isn't near $100. On Playasia, the Asia release is only US$65 and the JP release is $72. Not too bad!

Good call. I'll probably do this as well. Maybe after Graces, we'll have a good shot at getting it.

Plus, just looking around on certain sites, (Amazon, Ebay, etc.) the game was no less than 80 bucks without shipping!

If I decide to actually import in a few months, I'll definetly check Playasia out:)

I hope so!! I have bought 2 copies of tales of abyss and including me i know 5 people that have pre ordered Graces. I wish we would get ALL the tales games.. What would be really cool is an HD collection for all the older games! Like abyss and symphonia etc.. Also if you didnt know Tales has its own FB page! Its got lots of info on the upcoming games! :applause: https://www.facebook.com/tales?sk=wall (if you cant tell i really like and want more tales games ;))

The Vita needs more classic rpg's like this, that genre was one of the reasons the PSP was so great. I can't wait for Disgaea 3 Vita, but any Tales game I could play on the couch while my wife watches her shows would make me a very happy person! I hope that Graces F does well, I'm going to pre-order it tomorrow at Gamestop and am going to question them on the number of pre-orders. I wonder what sales figure Namco US is shooting for?

That's an absolute given. Everything Persona gets released here. We'll get it by year-end, a few months after Japan does.

It comes out in Japan in June right? I assume it will be here by Jan-Feb of next year.

I also asked my local Gamestop how many copies of Graces F were preordered there and he said around 35.

In my small town, about 40-50 is the amount to warrant a midnight release, and to give you guys an example of how any type of RPG's do around here, Disgaea 4 got 2 preorders. Atelier Totori got 1 (me lol) so I am happy with that number.

Plus there are 4 GS's in my town, thats just one.

I also asked my local Gamestop how many copies of Graces F were preordered there and he said around 35.

Those are some pretty good numbers, let's hope that those numbers form a general consensus of what other location's pre-orders are and we should be in good shape to get more localized Tales games.

Those are some pretty good numbers, let's hope that those numbers form a general consensus of what other location's pre-orders are and we should be in good shape to get more localized Tales games.

Well, the numbers are not great, but I hope Namco Understands that this is a franchise that, even though awesome as hell, just doesn't sell very well in regions outside of japan.

If they take the past sales of Tales games into acount, realisticly, Graces F just might be the highest selling Tales game in the US/EU EVER! That will be a true account that the fans really care, and want the franchise in other regions.

(Can you imagine? Graces F being the highest selling Tales games in these regions? A Wii port? lol. If that that doesn't show fan dedication, I don't know what does.)

If that is the case, I'm pretty sure we will see steady Tales games in the future...

If they want to be greedy bastards, and expect Activi$ion sales, then we are all doomed.:(

Edited by Blood_Runs_Cold