Tales of Xillia announced for EU and AU in 2013!!

Shakugan

This is going to be awesome, hopefully this starts a trend where Namco-Bandai will be more willing to release some of their other titles. I hope we get Innocence R, and if they do an Abyss sequel (they were hinting at it a couple of months ago) we get that as well!

Now here's the big question, do I play as Jude or Millia? :think:

Tales of Xillia Coming to PS3, NAMCO BANDAI Answers Your Questions – PlayStation Blog

I'm a little late on the news (I know it was announced July 6th), but so glad to hear this news!

Namco has always been a favorite from back in the day, but more and more they are winning my entire respect and praise!

Not only have they made a wonderful and great series (that I have been a fan of and been playing since Tales of Destiny), but they have kept "true to their roots" in RPG gaming, and yet they still keep such a robust variety of games in development!

It's good to know a game company doesn't have to whore themselves out, rely on "stunningly realistic graphics", or completely change the RPG formula in a way that makes it feel unlike an RPG, all of which are qualities I've seen happen to Square Enix since their merger...

EDIT: Oh, and forgot to point out that Namco keeps it fans updated and up to speed on the games they are making and their development, whereas Square Enix has done nothing (especially lately) but keep fans guessing and completely in the dark...

Edited by Zyzxx

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cool. I'll look forward to playing it.

Lets just hope that these games also sell a decent number. Cause if they fail in the west we'll probably never see another Tales game again.

I really hope they sell enough to keep on localising them. :(

I'm doing my part. I bought Graces F on release day and will do the same for any other Tales game for Playstation.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just recently bought tales of graces F. And I am not that far in it but.. I'm somewhat disappointed. I have heard many great things about this game, and I just can't seem to get a good grip of the battle system.

Probably because I am trying to compare it to star ocean. But anyways, I hate that you are limited to just move towards your enemy instead of move about in the battle field.

None the less, the game has a slight charm that makes me want to continue playing it. I just reached the Capitol (very early in the game), and still hope that this game pulls me in.

So far it's an ok game, but I just can't get over the battle system.

As for Xillia, while tales of grace F is my first tales game, I'll gladly welcome Xillia into my rpg collection. Seen videos of it, and it looks great.

I just recently bought tales of graces F. And I am not that far in it but.. I'm somewhat disappointed. I have heard many great things about this game, and I just can't seem to get a good grip of the battle system.

Probably because I am trying to compare it to star ocean. But anyways, I hate that you are limited to just move towards your enemy instead of move about in the battle field.

None the less, the game has a slight charm that makes me want to continue playing it. I just reached the Capitol (very early in the game), and still hope that this game pulls me in.

So far it's an ok game, but I just can't get over the battle system.

As for Xillia, while tales of grace F is my first tales game, I'll gladly welcome Xillia into my rpg collection. Seen videos of it, and it looks great.

Hold L2 I think for free-roam around battle field.

Sounds like you are very early in the game, maybe not even unlocked many B-artes? I love the battle system a lot more than Abyss/Symphonia. Try guarding, parry, dodge, and level up certain titles and you'll get TP bonuses for practically endless combos. Also try to hit weaknesses, opens enemies up for a good smack down.

I'm really looking forward to Tales of Xillia, can not wait. I'm so jealous that others are playing the sequel already, Tales of Xillia 2. I would import if I could read Japanese.

Oh, thanks for that. The game is starting to grow on me, just waiting when the plot is going to kick in. With work, I don't have much time to play at all. Just reached the secret passageway in the royal sanctuary.

But I do love the title system, thought it was a clever way to earn skills and stat upgrades.

Oh, thanks for that. The game is starting to grow on me, just waiting when the plot is going to kick in. With work, I don't have much time to play at all. Just reached the secret passageway in the royal sanctuary.

But I do love the title system, thought it was a clever way to earn skills and stat upgrades.

Don't expect too much from the plot. Of the Tales games I've played, it is the weakest. But the battle system rocks, Titles bonus leveling system rocks, the side-quests are mostly straight forward. The bonus dungeon after beating the game, and an extra future arc that was not in the JP Wii version were great. So overall I liked the game more than Tales of the Abyss, but Abyss had more awesome characters/back-story & plot.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...