XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > T (PS3) > Tales of Graces F

Old 03-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxdestructo View Post
and wasn't one of those rebellious angsty teenagers who come to their senses because of their friends. AND JUSTRICE.
Yeah, if anything Asbel (grown up) must be on of the most annoying characters I've seen in a while. He's so goodhearted and "holy" it makes me sick. And every word out of his mouth is "friends".

He would probably forgive someone for slaughtering his whole family infront of him, as long as they did a friendship pact afterwards.

Last edited by SuperMegaShark; 03-22-2012 at 10:24 PM.
SuperMegaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:34 AM   #12 (permalink)

Yeah, I think Tales of Graces went way too far with the whole friendship theme. It's a bit overbearing.
IPITYTHEFOOLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:05 AM   #13 (permalink)

Cool

Fuck BoA. This should of been the OP

Old 03-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #14 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrofrost TheJRPGamer

Personally I prefer Vesperia's characters and story, however I prefer the battle system and CC system in Graces over any other Tales game (haven't played Xillia yet though).
As far as characters, I can honestly put up with Asbel about as much as I can Cloud, Tidus, Squall, or any angsty emo teenage douche bag. None of the characters in Graces impress me. I like the story, it's better than average but not even attempting to reach for greatness. As I said, however, it wins hands down when it comes to gameplay.

So at this moment, Vesperia > Graces

I will save my full verdict for when I play Xillia though.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofrost TheJRPGamer View Post
None of the characters in Graces impress me.
I will have to disagree with you good sir. You seem to be forgetting Pascal, who is quite possibly the funniest Tales character ever. She is the jewel within the sea of mediocrity. Other than that I have to agree with you. Carry on!

Currently playing: Tales of Xillia 2
Shinzokuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #16 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzokuu View Post
I will have to disagree with you good sir. You seem to be forgetting Pascal, who is quite possibly the funniest Tales character ever. She is the jewel within the sea of mediocrity. Other than that I have to agree with you. Carry on!
agreed +100000000000000000000

Realy, though, no characters really annoyed me...Well, except Richard heh, but sure Asbel is a living breathing embodyment of the "Eye of the tiger" song, but other than that, he's pretty solid, and at least he doesnt have Stephan Hawking doing his VA work like Richard

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by Blood_Runs_Cold; 03-25-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Blood_Runs_Cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrofrost TheJRPGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzokuu View Post
She is cute I'll give her that and having her in the cat suit would have been a fucking great novelty if I had a yen card. However, I prefer Jade as a character, and I also prefer his kind of humor.

To be honest none of the characters really bother me, even Asbel. I guess I worded part of my previous post wrong, because I actually prefer him over the characters I mentioned in my previous post. He is leaps and bounds better than Luke from Abyss. However, none of the characters in this game really stand out to me. There isn't a character in this game that I love or hate. Pascal is my personal favorite, but she kinda has the effect on me that Mio had. However, I greatly appreciate the writers not turning her into the annoying bouncy girl.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #18 (permalink)

Vesperia > grace f for me though no idea on Xillia. I want to import it but I would rather understand what Im playing
Old 03-26-2012, 01:07 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazlngswordsmen View Post
I want to import it but I would rather understand what Im playing
I couldn't wait to play it lol. Impatience ftw! But I have studied some japanese so it's not like I was playing totally blind. I would suggest importing it only if they don't make a localization announcement in the next few months. (Or if impatience ever gets the better of you! )

Currently playing: Tales of Xillia 2
Shinzokuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:04 AM   #20 (permalink)

well, i think i will be the first to say the graces f was the best hands down. do not get me wrong though, vesperia and xillia are breathtaking entries into the tales of franchise that could easily sway any from tales of graces over. with that said, the friendship story really hit me at heart, and i knew right away that this was my game of the year for 2012. like people have posted before, it is all preference. but imo, the system is perfect, giving players the choice of gameplay style and the free roam is fairly nice. Also, imo again, the the VO was top notch and the characters themselves played well throughout the story.
vietflame is offline   Reply With Quote