Tales From The Borderlands (Telltale Games/Gearbox Software)

vava

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Tales-from-the-BL-Ann-Init.jpg

Gearbox Software and The Walking Dead developer Telltale Games are teaming up for Tales from the Borderlands, a 2014-due episodic game series based on Gearbox’s Borderlands series.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHO8uJsv6yw]Tales from the Borderlands Debut Trailer[/ame]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming this is a spinoff and not a proper Borderlands sequel. Because I'm just about obsessed with Borderlands 2 (over 300+ hours) and would not want this to replace a real "Borderlands 3".

That said, for a teaser, it has my interest.

I don't think this is meant a replacement for Borderlands 3 but something more to tide us over until then. It does probably mean no Borderlands 3 in 2014. :pout: I'd probably kill myself if this was a replacement though.

I'm thinking that is either meant to run in tandem with BL2, be a Spin off or act as an inbeteewnquel that's meant to setup the story for BL3 :think:. I have a feeling though things will be a little clearer once the Marcus DLC for BL2 comes out in a week or 2 :think:.

Edited by Terminator
Rephrased.

So Telltale and Gearbox will be working on this game continuously? And not I don't know, take breaks in-between episodes to work on other things? :whistle:

Telltale Games has got The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and now this to work on. They will find time to churn all of them out every 6-8 weeks just like Gearbox will with their own games. It's not like Gearbox's employees will sit in their offices waiting for Telltale Games to start the next Tales from the Borderlands episode.

I'm thinking that is either meant to run in tandem with BL2, a Spin off or an inbeteewnquel that's meant to setup the story for BL3 :think:. I have a feeling though things will be a little clearer once the Marcus DLC for BL2 comes out in a week or 2 :think:.

This, Think it's a stop gap/bridge between the games. It's another one along with Game of Thrones that I only recently learned about, Looking forward to it :)

I can just imagine it now.

"Claptrap will remember that"

Too bad mjc remembers Aliens Colonial Marines and won't be buying. I will boycott Gearbox until the day I die. And before you say "but Telltale is making it", yeah Telltale is making it. But Borderlands is Gearbox's IP and thus Gearbox will make money on sales of this game. Which means I'm not buying it because I refuse to give Gearbox money.

It's not like Gearbox's employees will sit in their offices waiting for Telltale Games to start the next Tales from the Borderlands episode.

Why not? It's what they did instead of actually making Aliens Colonial Marines like they were supposed to.

AH! I knew there had to be a thread for this...I was going to post one, but I knew someone had to of beat me to it by now.

I can't freaking wait for new info on this! Borderlands 2 is one of my favorite games from this gen...so more Borderlands is always a good thing. This will be good to hold me over. I won't have a PS4 any time soon and and I'm 99.9% positive Borderlands 3 will be next gen only...so if they can hold out until 2015 on BL3 I'll be happy with this for next year. :D

This would be awesome! Borderlands 2 on Vita as well as Tales From the Borderlands on Vita/PS3/PS4. I'd be in Borderlands heaven...

AH! I knew there had to be a thread for this...I was going to post one, but I knew someone had to of beat me to it by now.

I can't freaking wait for new info on this! Borderlands 2 is one of my favorite games from this gen...so more Borderlands is always a good thing. This will be good to hold me over. I won't have a PS4 any time soon and and I'm 99.9% positive Borderlands 3 will be next gen only...so if they can hold out until 2015 on BL3 I'll be happy with this for next year. :D

Yep, if you've enjoyed BL1 & 2 this will be a welcome addition on my Vita for sue. :)