Rate the trophy difficulty...  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_7.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.89

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got my 100%. It's so much fun, but I can't agree with the previous voters for me this is a weak 7 strong 6. The only small annoyment in the game is to get a platinum trophy on every level. That's because of the blue dots that you have to collect, some of the levels have chasing sequence wich make the collecting kinda annoying when you realise you have to play the level all over again just for that one blue dot that you have left (I'm looking at you last level). Overall great game.

• 2 months later...
Just got my 100%. It's so much fun, but I can't agree with the previous voters for me this is a weak 7 strong 6. The only small annoyment in the game is to get a platinum trophy on every level. That's because of the blue dots that you have to collect, some of the levels have chasing sequence wich make the collecting kinda annoying when you realise you have to play the level all over again just for that one blue dot that you have left (I'm looking at you last level). Overall great game.

Those chase levels were probably the easiest ones, I managed to glitch them both ;) so nobody following me. Just time trials left now :)

EDIT - Gave it a 4 due to most things requiring 2 players, and that blob at the top of the tree :/ Time trials were awkward, but not hard

Edited by Dark_Overlord

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This is an absolute 10 for one person. I finish almost every game but I'm giving up on this one. Some of the platinums are IMPOSSIBLE with only one person (even with two controllers). The rest are hard but possible with two controllers. The speed runs are absolutely ridiculous. I got a couple but it's just not worth the frustration. Part of the problem is there's almost no help out available, almost no guides or videos, and I won't believe this stuff is possible until I see a video of someone doing it. Playing with 2 players might be a different story, but with 1 it's a 10 for sure. The game itself is ok but those last two trophies are just stupid.

• 5 months later...

You know at first I probably would've voted this game to be at least an 8 or a 9, but having come back to it recently and earned my 100% I'll stick to a rating of 5 instead. Now I'll admit, in the beginning, Tales can seem absolutely impossible to finish, let alone get 100% in. But once you start getting the hang of things in terms of the controls even the most difficult challenges, such as beating the set time for each level, become much more doable. Plus it's all worth it to reach that phenomenal last level. Trust me when I say that it is incredibly satisfying. To anyone reading this; you should really give this game a shot. Honestly, don't be intimidated by the trophy list, there's a lot of great fun to be had here that's well worth your time.

One more thing that I should probably add in is; for anyone having problems with hard to reach "blue dots" I'd advise you to use the stomp jump! Firstly, preform a stomp by pressing :circle: and just before you hit the ground initiate a jump (works best when you stomp at an angle). You'll almost double, even triple, the height of your normal jump! This technique made a world of difference to me personally, so I hope that tidbit of info helps somebody out there.

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Not sure why people are giving this game such a high difficulty rating, i voted a 5 and that was just due to a couple of speed times on certain levels. But it's nothing that can't be done without proper planning and of course remembering where and what everything is.

Easy tips i can give for speed runs, use jump, circle, down diagonal left/right and then hit X straight away to literally jump past certain sections. Hell, ya can even by-pass some sections all together with that technique.

If ya don't seem to be big enough to jump for a certain blue collectible, get your second controller turned on and use him to bounce off and grab that blue thing.

This wasn't an easy 100%, but no way was it 8, 9, or 10 on the difficulty rating. Funky Lab Rat was harder than this, go try getting 100% on that then come back to this and you'll see i'm talking sense.

• 1 year later...

Damn, completed this nearly the same day as the above poster a year ago haha.

But yeah, I'm gonna agree with what plisken said, this is in no way a 9-10/10 100%. The checkered flag times are really, really lenient. Some of them I was going 1-2 minutes below the time, and none of them took really many tries, usually 2-3. I just did it straight away after getting the platinum medals so that the levels would be still fresh in my mind.

As said above, the jump, slam and jump again makes it incredibly faster to pass the straight sections, especially those with many enemies but not many things to absorb.

Another tip I would give is go for the Blob Friends while speedrunning! With the exception of 1-2, they are all worth it for the 20 seconds cut, almost none of them take a longer detour than that to reach. However, definitely ignore the collectible dots as they barely give you any bonus time. Only take them in places like the boats (where you can't move faster anyway) or when it's absolutely on your way.

I'll give this a 5/10. Really not that hard. The Plat medals were actually more annoying than the speedruns in a couple of levels for me.

Great game btw. :cool: