Tales From Space: About a Blob

Awesome game!!

• 2 weeks later...

How come there is nobody interested in this game? True it doesn't look like much at first, but the levels are pretty long and there are new game nechanics almost every level. When I played it alone I was more frustrated than anything because there are things you just can't collect by yourself, but when I tried co-op and going for 100% with my buddy yesterday it was suddenly a LOT of fun, crazy physics and real co-operation (unlike most coop games) so definitely give it a try with friend if you bought it. and someone pls make a guide ! :D

Dexter90: To sum it up, it's sort of like the Katamari series in that you go around sucking up objects to make yourself bigger, and as you grow you can suck up more objects. It also has a bit of a classic arcade thing going in that you have to shoot things at the baddies and bosses (figure out where to shoot to defeat the boss, avoid their attacks, etc.) and its all wrapped up in a good old super mario style side scrolling, avoid the hazards type play. There are collectibles to find, which sometimes involve a bit of puzzle solving, and you will need a friend to 100% this game, which doesn't actually suck as much as you'd expect.

I agree, it doesn't seem like a $15 game at first, but IMO, considering the time alone I know I'll end up spending on it, and the challenge of some of the levels (plus the goofy fun of playing with your friends, which is necessary for much of the game)

A guide would be very helpful for some of this game though...anyone working on one?

Oh, has anyone mentioned there are Home rewards from this game as well? Not sure how many, but I just got a t-shirt after completing Part 1. To some this doesn't matter, to others it's a nice bonus.

Edited by LycanGalen

• 1 month later...

I did like this game, right up until you gain the magnetic ability, then all of a sudden the game becomes stupid. If you hit the attract button and your more than halfway between two metal walls, you'll get attracted to the furthest wall.

Then the boss fight for the same level when the pink button appears on his head you are supposed to climb up there and smack it with :circle:, the only problem is that you'll randomly die as though he bit you when you try to climb up on his head even though he's knocked out and ready to be pounded on.

Hopefully from here on it gets back to being fun again but somehow I suspect that this new magnetic ability is going to come in to play again and I'm going to have to figure out how to navigate through the level without dying.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I played all the way through in co-op and had a blast with it. Now we're going back for all the gold cups and blob friends. It's not too hard, but some of the blob friends are really pretty challenging to get. The game encourages a lot of teamwork without getting too frustrating. Highly recommend if you have a co-op partner, and it's not too difficult of a gold trophy.

• 4 months later...

Then the boss fight for the same level when the pink button appears on his head you are supposed to climb up there and smack it with :circle:, the only problem is that you'll randomly die as though he bit you when you try to climb up on his head even though he's knocked out and ready to be pounded on.

Not trying to necro this, but I did this bit last night and I thought I could suggest something. When the boss bites at the middle and the button appears, yo do have enough space to lob objects in the gap (aim with RS shoot with R2) and have them fall on the button. You don't have to actually bodyslam it.

I like the game, but no way I'll be able to get 100% on it.. amazingly hard to get everything and be fast enough..