Tales From Space: About a Blob

Final boss-easy way

The final boss can be hard, especially when you going for time trial. Just turn on the second controller for extra blob, then even if u lose a life you don't have to start the boss fight from beggining. Just don't lose all blobs at the same time.

Some collectibles are easier to get with 2 controllers, you can jump one blop from another to gain extra height

• 2 years later...

Here's what I would suggest to make this more specific/useful. Don't spawn the player 2 as soon as the fight starts, it'll just cause its life to be depleted/die, and lose 10 seconds. What you do is play the boss as you normally would, but if you go to very low health (like 1 more hit to die), spawn your player 2 and die with player 1 (press select). This way basically you just "replenished" your health, since player 2 will spawn with full HP. You do lose 10 seconds but the time is super duper lenient on this level (well, most of the levels). I got like 2 minutes below the checkered flag time (I didn't need to use a second controller though).

The boss is quite easy anyway though. My strategy was standing underneath him each time he's about to open his arms, this way you can take out both of them in 1 turn. It's easy to dodge the lasers for that one second while they're active.