Tales From Space: About a Blob

Blob Friend Guide for Levels 4,5,6,7,9,10,11

The reason I only did random levels is because these were the ones I had to backtrack to find blob friends. I figured I could just find this info online somewhere, but I haven't seen one guide online. So I figure if I made half a guide, it's better than nothing. Hope this helps, and people are welcome to expand on it.

NOTE: If you are replaying levels to collect missed blob friends, you must complete the level for it to save. You can’t just collect the blob and then exit the level.

Level 4 Suburbs 2:

NOTE: (When you start this level, eat until you’re exactly 44 cm. Then go trigger the next checkpoint so you can increase size again, then come back and eat the rest of the food on the ground. You need to be as big as possible for blob #3)

#1 - Near the beginning, fall down the hole and head right. You will see an opening above you, you need to push the big orange box to the left and jump on it to be able to jump up there and grab blob 1.

#2 - When you reach a certain point, the game will pan to a big spaceship sucking things up. He’ll suck up a blob (that’s fine) and then the camera will pan to another blob. Hurry to him before the spaceship gets to him. To get up the ledge, wait for the spaceship to get there and he will suck you up. Before you get to the top of the spaceship, slam down to get out of the suction and up on the ledge.

#3 - Soon after #2, you will reach a house with a barbeque outside. Jump on it (you may need to jump/slam/jump) and jump to the roof. From there it requires another jump/slam/jump, this one is just as difficult. (I was 48.3 cm when I made the jump, make sure you’re as big as possible to make the jump as easy as possible.) Once you make the 2nd jump, go grab the blob friend.

If you enter the house, it will start a puzzle, so hit SELECT to kill yourself because it’s too late to get the blob, though you can see him on the roof when you are in the house.

Level 5 Farm House 1:

#1 – After you get the magnetic power, you will head back to where you came from, and cross a metal platform with spikes, where you need to switch magnetism on and off. After that, you will see an alley that leads up, but there is also a metal pipe that continues to head right. Magnetize to that and follow it along and you will find #1.

#2 – Just after number 1, go back and up the path you need to take. When you reach the top, you’ll be on a refrigerator. Head right and you’ll see a loaf of bread. Right in front of it is a crevice, fall in is, kill the to red laser shooting enemies, and blob #2 will be right there.

#3 – You’ll get to an area with a few yellow gates and batteries powering them. In the far-right bottom corner of this area, there is a red block with spikes on it. Magnetize this block and suck it towards you, then get out of the way. You will now have access to a little air duct where #3 is.

Level 6 Farm House 2:

#1 – At the very beginning of the level, you need to wall jump up the pipe that dropped you. I find it much easier to go down first and absorb a bunch of items until you are as big as possible, then come back up and it makes the wall jumping easier. (Thank you TakyDS on the GameFAQs board, I could not find this one!)

#2 – After you get past a few of the sticks that are in your way, you will see a two paths, one going up and one going right. Go right and blob #1 is right there. (It is someone hidden by some metal pipes that are in the foreground)

#3 – When you are climbing around in some pipes, you will see a big red blob to your right, but he’s not accessible yet. Finish in the pipes and then go outside. Eat a bunch of stuff and get as big as you can, then jump up on the left side of the building where the blob was, and you will see him crammed behind a semi-broken stick. Shoot a few things at it and it will break and the blob is yours.

Level 7: Farmland 1

#1 – Right at the beginning, get on top of the metal thing above you and you’ll see a blob up on a cliff. Slam-Jump up there and grab him.

#2 – After riding up the platform filled with spikes, you are back out from the underground and there is a circle enemy shooting rockets at you. Kill him, then magnetize up to the windmill. Then repel yourself away from the windmill and straight up using the reverse magnetization. You will see a blob in a little crevice here.

#3 – Near the end of the level, you will see a windmill next to an open silo filled with edible corn. Get on the windmill and reverse magnetize just like you did for blob #2, and you will find your third blob way up here.

Level 9 Power Plant 1:

#1 – Right at the beginning, reverse magnetize upwards from the first pipe and you will find blob #1.

#2 – After you ride the first elevator up, you are next to 2 huge blocks and some lasers. Magnetize towards the block and start riding it up. Keep an eye out on the right side of the wall, and you will see a square opening that you need to jump into. Jump into it and follow the pipes for blob 2.

#3 – Once you complete the first section, you’ll be dropped back into the main area. Head right and you battle some cannons. After beating them, drop down the hole to your right. Pay attention as you’re riding down the pipe, as you’ll need to jump out and up a wall to grab the third blob.

Level 10 Power Plant 2

#1 – Just after you finished getting chased by the whomp-loooking machine, instead of going right and into the pipe, go up and then left across some fire. Cross it using reverse magnetization. Blob #1 is over here.

#2 - Right after #1, now go back across the fire and go in the pipe to the right. Reverse magnetize up and you’ll see another pipe you can magnetize to. Hook to this one and go around and you’ll see blob #2 up here.

#3 – Near the end, you’ll be chased by a few red metal things. Near the end of the 2nd metal chase, there is blob up high. You’ll need to be far ahead of the metal thing chasing you so you can go up and grab the blob and get back down in time.

Level 11 School 1:

#1 – After you get the electricity and go down the first pipe, you go right and have to move an elevator-type thing up with the electricity. Only move it part way up, then jump off of it and there is an opening behind it. Back there is blob #1.

#2 – At a certain point in the level, you will be chased by one of those big red electric things that move horizontally. Run from it as quick as possible, and on the far left you will see blob #2. You need to be able to grab it and make it back down the hole before the red thing hits you.

#3 – Soon after blob #2, you will hit a spot where you need to charge up a moving platform that goes over green liquid. Soon after you get on this platform, you will see blob #3 above you. Magnetize up to him and grab him.

• 7 months later...