Rate the trophy difficulty  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_15.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 1.62

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Vyrastas

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Vote 2. Only tournament trophy might have problem, but there is easy way to overcome re-play all matches again and again. If you about to lose the match in tournament, just peel-off the game (don't use quit command, "Quit" the match will counted as match lost) and you can re-play the same match again. Ad-hoc trophy might problem too if you can't find any friend play this game or don't have 2 Vita. Other than these 2 trophies, trophies are easy but will take some time for 50 win trophy. Grind 50 win with 2 Vita Ad-hoc are easy, just let 1 team score 1 point and let the time run out, but it still took about 4-5 hours after completed tournament trophy.

• 5 weeks later...

2.5, which I rounded up to a 3. Tournament is the only tough trophy. It took me several tries to beat a top-tier team (Rus, Fin, Swe, Can) so I can't give it a two. (and even then I beat them in OT after tying the game late)

You should drop any knowledge of hockey you have when you play this game. Your goalie and D are near useless (seriously, what's with the G's positioning????), it's all about pumping more goals than the other guy. To that end, one-timers are shockingly unbalanced. A one-timer off the faceoff from ANYWHERE on the rink is an A-grade scoring chance (seriously, try it. take a penalty and fire a one-timer from YOUR zone. Very good chance you'll score). Unscreened slapshots from the blueline are pretty good (start winding up when you pass the center ice faceoff circle), but anything within a few feet of the goalie is pretty useless. Don't bother with screened shots, they just become blocked shots. About the only pretty play I could consistently turn into a goal was a winger carrying the puck over the blue line and passing up to the other winger for a one-timer. I wouldn't recommend it often, some teams play the wingers pretty well and block the shot almost every time. You need the D to slightly overplay the winger carrying the puck across the blue line. Wrap-arounds are useless - your player will lose the puck if you get too close to the boards (wth is that about???).

I could beat 7/8-rated (ex Denmark) and lower teams easily/consistently, but against an 8/9 team struggled to win enough faceoffs for easy one-timers and their D actually blocked most of my shots/passes entering the zone. Meanwhile their forwards bounced off my D's check and fired a laser past my goalie at will. And with all the fights that happen (you have no control over this) there are a LOT of faceoffs (equals lots of scoring chances against and a lack of easy scoring chances for). I'd be playing well and up 2-0 and then the AI would go on a tear scoring 4 quick goals with stupid shots at bad angles (see bad G positioning). Play a few games and you can actually see the AI do some of the same things with a crappy team and a good team - seems like the ratings turn the same "opportunity" into a goal versus a save/miss/post.

I strongly suggest looking at the tournament matchups before starting a game. If there's a top-tier team in your division just quit and try again. Probably conference as well. Odds are an 8/9-rated team will come out of the other conference so you'll have to beat one. Just no point in setting yourself up to need to beat two or three. Which teams and how they are distributed is totally random so might as well take an easier setup.

Edited by Stork77