Rate the trophy difficulty...  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_6.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.90

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

Gave it a 5. I was tempted to vote 6 because of the co-op challenges but those aren't really difficult just time consuming. I honestly didn't really have to grind too much for grenade breaches or penetrations (kusanagi weaps ftw). Expert isn't that bad at all once you reach max rank you are incredibly powerful and missions become possible to complete with as little as 2 people.

Campaign hard mode has a couple tough spots but as long as you abuse DART and penetration weapons it's not very difficult. Getting CEO rank on each mission is pretty easy too. Just go for Breach Spikes and quick headshots which are simple to pull off with the slowmo.

Really enjoyed this game! Especially the co-op.

I gave it a 7. I've put well over 20 hours into the Co-op mode and have completed the campaign on Normal (with only the 2 Hard Mode trophies and CEO left to achieve), so I've put a fair amount of time into the game. I thought Normal was pretty hard already, though perhaps it'll be easier on my Hard Mode run with the proper upgrades. I only got the CEO ranking a handful of times on my Normal playthrough, though, so that sounds like a royal pain on Hard.

The Co-op, though is just needlessly time-consuming (but fun), which wouldn't factor into my rating (based on the guidelines) if it weren't for certain Co-op challenges that players just won't accomplish unless they know the exact steps for triggering them. Farming Mercenary kills, anyone? Co-Op can also be pretty difficult without competent teammates and a high-level character, though it's pretty manageable once you have them. Being skilled with the Kusanagi Sniper Rifle and it's ability to shoot through most walls certainly helps level the playing field as well. The game in general is pretty heavy on the grind-based trophies, but they're not too bad if you know where to work on them.

Edited by broodwars

congrats on the plat hawknz

if it weren't for certain Co-op challenges that players just won't accomplish unless they know the exact steps for triggering them. Farming Mercenary kills, anyone? Co-Op can also be pretty difficult without competent teammates and a high-level character, though it's pretty manageable once you have them.

You make a good point with that. I probably would give it a 6 if I could vote again.

Edited by hawknz

I'd also note, btw, that several of the trophies are harder than they should be because the trophy descriptions do not accurately tell the player where they must perform them. For instance, to get the trophy for accomplishing 4 different kinds of kills in a minute, you have to do this in Online Co-Op, yet the trophy description does not specify this. The Shield Breaker trophy mostly has to be done in SP unless you're using electric weapons in Co-Op, yet the trophy does not specific that either. The 50-kill weapon trophy is pretty obnoxious to obtain as well (likewise with the 873 grenade disarming trophy), since certain weapons only appear once or twice in the campaign (and tend to attract interest from your teammates in Co-Op).

1 question

i already finish my 1st round on hard

wanna clear the remaining item / upgrade / kill

do i need to play chapter or i can start a new game without loosing the upgraded item?

There is no New Game +, so you have to complete the chapters via ch. select and manually reselect your upgrades each time (yeah, that's doesn't get annoying at all). But you can change the difficulty when you do so.

Now that I've completed the SP campaign on hard w/ all CEO rankings, if I could vote again I'd probably downgrade my rating to a 6. Syndicate's SP on Hard really isn't that hard, especially compared to the Highest Difficulty modes of certain other FPS games. And I never got anything below a CEO ranking replaying the chapters on Hard.

EDIT: Platinum GET! (#55) ^_^

Edited by broodwars

Gave it a 4, way easier than any modern shooter out there. You can get all the sp trophies with a single short run. Just time consuming if you don't start mp with team members that are willing to die a lot...

Edited by tebar

There is no New Game +, so you have to complete the chapters via ch. select and manually reselect your upgrades each time (yeah, that's doesn't get annoying at all). But you can change the difficulty when you do so.

Now that I've completed the SP campaign on hard w/ all CEO rankings, if I could vote again I'd probably downgrade my rating to a 6. Syndicate's SP on Hard really isn't that hard, especially compared to the Highest Difficulty modes of certain other FPS games. And I never got anything below a CEO ranking replaying the chapters on Hard.

EDIT: Platinum GET! (#55) ^_^

So can I finish the game on normal and go back through the game on hard using chapter select to get the hard difficulty trophies?

I voted 4

If this will be only game on the world i vote 2, but i cant because trine 2 has 2. Coop is long/grinding but no difficulty. Even worst players (4) can do do all missions on expert with all upgrades.

Campaign is short, and hard is very easy, died about 10-15 times in total because of rushing for CEO, i got CEO in each level on first try. In last mission - 570 000 :D. So "hardest"/worst trophy is Hurt Locker.

BTW: Very good game, very fun game IMO. SP was bad yes, but still fun - 7/10 and i loved coop 9/10. So 8/10 for this game.

• 1 month later...

I see how this can be a five for the platinum fiend crowd, though I've got to be very pissed at the collectible stuff for stinking trophies so I refuse to keep doing it. That last shard in Infamous was enough for me. Anyways co-op is repeatitive, fairly inactivite, and is more laggy than other games I've been on in awhile. People drop out left and right then you're left by yourself. I bought this new for the single player. I'd say the platinum in an annoying seven at the least. Selling it to help pay for Starhawk.

I'd still recommend buying this game if you loved Syndicate on PS1 or PC, or simply for the story/1st person shooter aspect.

Edited by UndergroundHipHopHead

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I gave this game a 8, first off I haven't gotten plat yet but based off my experiences on normal difficulty and beating this game the campaign is hard on the annoying side. I've died over 15 times. Last boss fight is extremely annoying when I died 10 times 4 of which was the stupid agents before merit. I died 6 times against merit cause he kept doing his 6 grenade barrage before I knew what to do. As soon as I figured out the backfire loophole since i had the laser rifle and the shotgun I just switched immediately to the shotgun before he used it and I was able to take care of him.

getting CEO rankings appear to be a something that rhymes with Witch...the only good thing i guess is i need 15 chapters with it and not the full 20.

Coop by itself isn't really hard if you got some decent people but as far as the SP goes it's an 8/10 difficulty based on annoyances. And i've beaten Killzone 2 on Elite difficulty with barely any issues until the end, but the fact I played This game on normal and still gave me trouble either tells me the game is difficult or i'm just awful at the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gave it a solid 5. Played the co-op first then jumped into campaign. FYI after playing co-op and achieving CEO and beating all expert modes, when you start campaign on hard your now a weak little bitch for the rest of the game. Your not the terminator you were on co-op.

• 4 weeks later...

I gave this a 4 because with coop, once you have gained a few levels you are quite powerful, once you have healing pulse and reboot, you are sorted for soloing. The trophies for breaching, weapon kills, etc... all come on time. I have played for coop for approx. 1 an a half days and I really enjoyed it, hoping they bring out DLC. The single player campaign is ok, the game just seems geared towards coop.

With regret, this is my fourth platinum of the day and is my 30th Plat!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'll give it a 6. The coop stuff is tough because you really have to find some good partners to boost with or you'll never get the reboots, etc. Nothing in the campaign is too difficult, a nice challenge. I really liked the game, but the coop grind was too long, not too hard, just a little too long.

• 3 weeks later...

Was seduced by the metascore of a 5 and all the talk in this forum about "easy" single player but for me this was an 8/10 for difficulty. That's my opinion having taken on single player's hard mode right out of the box. Bad idea. Extremely punishing.

That said, co-op is good fun and with teammates was incredibly easy -- a matter of time, not talent, and only a few days of time at that -- and if I'd started there and gotten used to how enemies and the game's systems act I would have fared better in single player.

Difficulty: 8/10

Fun factor: 7/10 (8/10 with friends)

Edited by arbiekko