Blotting out the sun

EatFood

Hey I've been trying to get this trophy, but I'm unable to keep all of my rocketeers alive even if I'm able to keep up a steady stream of swordsmen. The main thing is that I wanted to make sure that it is still possible to get this trophy with the new patch installed now that the Chinese have been nerfed.

Edited by EatFood

Hey I've been trying to get this trophy, but I'm unable to keep all of my rocketeers alive even if I'm able to keep up a steady stream of swordsmen. The main thing is that I wanted to make sure that it is still possible to get this trophy with the new patch installed now that the Chinese have been nerfed.

It is possible with the update because I got it a few weeks ago. I did try many times before I was successful. It seemed like I had to get lucky with the timing of my rocketeers being able to kill the catapults before they could kill my guys. There is another tactic mentioned by someone in the trophy guide thread involving the terra cotta warriors, though I also tried this tactic and was not successful.

The good thing is that you always have rocketeers produced for you no matter how far you've pushed, or spent in the campaign. The reason why it is easier to get this trophy pre-patch is because:

-Swordsmen cost less to research

-Swordsmen movespeed was faster

-Swordsmen cooldown was a lot shorter

Thus you can keep producing swordsmen and they act as good meat shields to protect your rocketeers.

The basic idea is you want to keep your rocketeers protected, if you have to let a few die while you build up your resources, that's fine. I'd say post-patch, the monkey strategy might work as long as you're mindful of threats to your rocketeers and deal with them accordingly. Monkeys have fast movespeed but cost a lot to research, have low HP, but they will stun any threats so your rocketeers can blast them to pieces.

Thanks for the advice guys, I went with the monkey strategy since they still perform quite well with the new patch and I got it on my second try with them whereas I had wasted a bunch of time trying to complete it with swordsmen. Now I finally got the 100%, this game was much harder than I originally predicted it would be. The techno viking one was the worst in my opinion, Arnie was not very good at taking a catapult to the face.