[PS3/PS Vita] Sword Art Online: Lost Song

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYtJ7qAnOH0]PS3/PSVita「ソードアート・オンライン -ロスト・ソング-ã€ãƒ†ã‚£ã‚¶ãƒ¼PV - YouTube[/ame]

Bandai Namco began streaming the promotional video for Sword Art Online -Lost Song-, the third major game in the franchise. Slated for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita in 2015, this action role-playing game will tell an original story set in the fictional ALfheim Online game. ALfheim Online appears in the second arc of the Sword Art Online light novel series. Text: Sword Art Online Kirito: All right. Text: The new game begins. Text: The adventure moves to the world of fairies and magic, "ALfheim Online"... Text: The stage moves to the sky... Kirito: A new story of Sword Art Online that begins in ALfheim, a world of fairies and magic. Text: A completely new story Kirito: The place where we landed was the legendary continent where light and darkness intertwine: Swart ALfheim. Text: The lost continent: Swart ALfheim Kirito: Let's go! To the sky! A new game is starting! Kirito: Sword Art Online: Lost Song Text: In the long-lost legendary continent, a song of light and darkness echoes... Kirito: This is either the light or the darkness that a virtual MMO left behind. As in Reki Kawahara's original light novel series, you can fly in the game. More details will be in Vol. 576 of Dengeki PlayStation magazine on October 16. Bandai Namco first announced the game's development at the 2014 Tokyo Game Show stage event on September 19. Reki Kawahara's Sword Art Online light novel series already inspired the Sword Art Online -Infinity Moment- and Sword Art Online -Hollow Fragment- games for the PlayStation Vita system. The light novels also inspired two television anime series.
Sword Art Online's New PS3/Vita Game Unveiled in Video - News - Anime News Network

I seen this on another site came rushing over here to see if anymore news is up, I was not a big fan of the ALfheim Online section but I feel it was due to how it was presented and not the story.

I hope they are thinking about giving it an English release and as for the first Bandai Namco posted on a facebook comment that there were planning on doing a re-translation.

I seen this on another site came rushing over here to see if anymore news is up, I was not a big fan of the ALfheim Online section but I feel it was due to how it was presented and not the story.

I think this too. I liked the second ALO arc when they return after GGO, though. I'm a huge fan of the series, so I'll probably still be picking this up, but I'm not sure yet whether I'll get it for PS3 or PS Vita. :think:

Cool looking trailer and I like the way the gameplay looks from an ALO perspective.

Saw it this morning. Glad to see a sequel, and on PS3 aswell. I can't get enough SAO! Hopefully if this get localized it wont be getting another lazy translation :whistle:

I know what you mean. I never got the first game because I'm not that big a fan of the SAO series, but I can understand how bad the translation for that game can be. I've seen some examples and they're pretty bad.

• 3 weeks later...
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment only allowed you to play as Kirito, or a modified version of him, but it doesn’t look like this will be the case in the upcoming action RPG, Sword Art Online: Lost Song. This week’s magazine reports share more details on the game. Sword Art Online: Lost Song takes place on an unknown floating continent called Svartalfheim, that was implemented into ALO (ALfheim Online) as part of an update. It features areas such as grassy plains, deserts, and icebergs. On your adventures, your party will consist of up to three characters, and you’ll get to play as characters other than Kirito. There are land and sky battles, both with their own fighting styles and you can also seamlessly switch between land and aerial combat. While in mid-air, you’ll get to fly around in 360 degrees to freely go just about anywhere. Aerial attacks will be locked-on, but you can remove the lock-on to attack wherever you please as well. One area is said to have the scale of about 4km (about 2.5 miles) and you can explore via the air or on land. Just like Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment introduced Philia, Lost Song will introduce numerous new characters. While the report mentions that you can play as other character besides Kirito, it also says that Bandai Namco are also currently testing out an original avatars for the game. Sword Art Online: Lost Song is slated for release in 2015 in Japan for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.
Sword Art Online: Lost Song Lets You Play As Other Characters Besides Kirito - Siliconera
Bandai Namco’s upcoming action title, Sword Art Online: Lost Song will be another story about Kirito and friends. In an interview with Dengeki, series creator Reki Kawahara and producer Yosuke Futami talk about the possibility of creating a new game for the series with an original protagonist. During the interview, Dengeki mentions that there are probably many fans of the series who’d like to freely enjoy the worlds of SAO and ALO with their own avatars, and asks the reason they decided to go with Kirito as a center-figure, once again. “I’ve actually been thinking about how I’d like to make a game like that…” says Futami. “If we were to make a game like that where you, yourself, and not Kirito, would be in there making friends with Asuna and the others—putting that into a story would be difficult,” elaborates Kawahara. “In that case, we’d have to make an original heroine as well. However, I think that playing a game like that would also be fun.” Futami then explains that SAO is about the story of Kirito and friends, so it’s important to have the right portrayals for those who like Kirito and Asuna, along with their relationship with the other characters. He also jokes around by saying that if they were to make an original character and this character meets Asuna, it might be similar to the way she was cold towards Kirito when they first met. “It sounds like it’d take a while until she’d open up to you,” says Kawahara with a laugh. “That kind of relationship would also be fun, and having to build a relationship with a character from scratch could also be the beginning of something new. I’d like to put in more effort so that maybe one day we can make a game like this,” concludes Futami. Futami also shared a blurry teaser look at some original character designs. These characters will be revealed in the near future. Sword Art Online: Lost Song will release in 2015 in Japan for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.
Sword Art Online: Lost Song Creators Talk About The Possibility Of An Original Hero - Siliconera Why Sword Art Online: Lost Song Takes Place In A New ALO - Siliconera
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment won’t be the only Sword Art Online game in English. Bandai Namco Games is working on an English localized version of the PlayStation 3 action RPG, Sword Art Online: Lost Song too. Right now, the English version of Sword Art Online: Lost Song has only been announced for Asia. The English version of Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment was revealed in a similar way with the news coming from Taiwan before Bandai Namco Games announced they were distributing it in the West too. Siliconera will have comments from Sword Art Online: Lost Song producer Yosuke Futami soon. Sword Art Online: Lost Song is slated for release in 2015 on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.
Sword Art Online: Lost Song Will Be Localized Into English - Siliconera

Edited by Shuffle

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YCX9dpUNn8[/ame]

The upcoming PS Vita and PS3 game is getting its third trailer! Sword Art Online -Lost Song- is due to be released on March 26, 2015 in Japan. In this trailer, more scenes and action are revealed - the animation and artwork are simply amazing, don’t you think? Let’s hope that the international release won’t be far behind!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...