XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 06-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
Pata

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Silver Submission   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Default Switchball ~ Trophy Guide and Road Map

Roadmap

Overview:
-Estimated trophy difficulty: 9/10
-Offline (breakdown): 9 (6, 2, 1)
-Online (breakdown): 3 (1, 2)
-Approximate amount of time to 100%: 10 hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2
-Number of missable trophies: 1
-Glitched trophies: No
-Do cheat codes disable trophies?: There aren't any cheat codes available

About this game:
General information, modes of play and overview comments:

Welcome to Switchball! In this nice game you are controlling a ball through a puzzle that needs to be solved to complete each level. In the offline modes you need to finish 3 levels to unlock the next world, but you will be required to finish all the levels for the trophies.

There are offline and online modes:

Offline modes
In this mode you play through 6 levels in each world. The worlds are: Sky World, Ice World, Cave World, Cloudy World and Lava World. Each world has their own music and type of puzzles. The difficulty increases as you progress through the level. There is no multiplayer mode.

Online modes
There are two modes:
-Race: The first to complete the level wins
-Cooperative: In this you need to complete the level, but must work together with a friend.

This is a difficult game to 100% because for one trophy (Speedroller Master) you're required to get a gold medal on every level. But it is a short game if you can do the gold medals quickly. You'll need two playthroughs, one to complete the game and learn the levels and another to get the gold medals.

Roadmap Steps:

1st Step: Complete the online trophies
In this step you need to complete all the online trophies. You should find a partner in the boosting thread if you don't have one:
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/switchball/23545-trophy-boosting-thread.html

In this step you should get:
-Speedball Medal , Friendball Medal , Honor Medal

2nd Step: Complete all the levels in offline mode
Four trophies are related to completing the different worlds (see the offline modes in the general comments), except for Cloudy World. Just complete all the levels without worrying about time medals because in doing this, you will learn the level and the best path for use in future gold medal runs.

-Marbleball Badge , Metalball Badge , Powerball Badge , Airball Badge

3th Step: Clean up the missable trophy
The missable trophy, Spyglass, is the one where you have to find three hidden patches. Use the link in the guide for more information. It's important to do this before your medal runs because you won't have time to do this on a gold medal run.

4th Step: Beat all the gold and silver time medals
These are the most difficult trophies. Try to do the levels as quick as you can. I highly recommend that you do this with the timer activated. I also recommend that if you miss any part of a level or have trouble, replay the level and refer to the video link in the Speedroller Master trophy.

-Speedroller Rookie , Speedroller Trainee , Speedroller Expert , Speedroller Master

With this and the trophy guide you will have the 100%. Enjoy it!

Please heart my level and me on LBP. I will do the same if needed. Thanks.

Last edited by Vyrastas; 07-08-2010 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Editorial Sweep
Pata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #2
Pata

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Silver Submission   1,000 Posts

Trophy Guide:

Marbleball Badge
Complete Sky World level 3
Simply complete the first three levels of the first world in offline mode. This will probably be the first and easiest trophy that you unlock in this game.

Metalball Badge
Complete Ice World
Simply complete the second world in the offline mode.

Powerball Badge
Complete Cave World
Simply complete the third world in the offline mode.

Speedroller Rookie
Collect 1 silver medal
See "Speedroller Master" trophy.

Speedroller Trainee
Collect 12 silver medals

Speedball Medal
Win 5 matched multiplayer races
See "Honor Medal" trophy.

Spyglass
Find 3 hidden paths
You have to find 3 hidden paths. After you find one, you should recieve a message saying that you found a hidden path. If not, you won't recieve this.

This thread made by UraMallas of x360a is good if you can't find enough hidden paths:
Hidden Path Locations: "How To" Guide - Xbox360Achievements.org

Airball Badge
Complete Lava World
Simply complete the last world in the offline mode.

Speedroller Expert
Collect 24 silver medals

Friendball Medal
Complete all cooperative levels
Complete all four cooperative levels. You need to be patient and coordinate with your partner if you want to complete the level. You can do this in online mode, so if you need a boosting partner check here:

Honor Medal
Win 10 matched multiplayer races
Self-explanatory. You need to do this in online race mode, so if you need a boosting partner check here:

Speedroller Master
Collect a Gold Medal on All levels
This is by far the most difficult trophy in the game. Try to complete all the levels as quick as you possibly can. If you're having trouble, check the speedrun videos in this post:

Speedrun Videos

Last edited by Vyrastas; 07-08-2010 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Editorial Sweep
Old 06-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #3
Pata

Speedrun videos

Sky World

Level 1

Level 2

Level 3

Level 4

Level 5

Level 6

Ice World

Level 1

Level 2

Level 3

Level 4

Level 5

Level 6

Cave World

Level 1

Level 2

Level 3

Level 4

Level 5

Level 6

Cloud World

Level 1

Level 2

Level 3

Level 4

Level 5

Level 6

Lava World

Level 1

Level 2

Level 3

Level 4

Level 5

Level 6

All the credit goes to Stupidxxxx (Cloud and Lava Worlds) and Also owns a Wii from x360a.org (Marble, Ice and Cave Worlds) for the videos

Last edited by Pata; 11-15-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:05 AM   #4
Pata

As always, feedback are welcome and if you find any mistakes feel free to correct me.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
Vyrastas
Administrator

Awards Showcase Vy's Glow in the Dark Role Playing Mix   Staff - Administrator   Bright Idea!   Helping Hand   Jack of All Trades   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   10,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Gold Submission
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

* Guide Stuck *

Vyrastas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:23 AM   #6
vokiel

Feedback? All the videos, with some exceptions, are basically useless since they were made with the PC version of the game which is completely different in many cases. For instance Lava World, Level 6 is a joke on the PC compared to the console (PS3 & Xbox) and I'm stuck on this one. I've been stuck there for an eternity.

Edit: Well seems the "Complaining on ps3trophies.org" always works when stuck on a trophy...

Last edited by vokiel; 07-09-2010 at 05:45 AM.
vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #7
Pata

I checked the videos and the most of this are valid. There are some exceptions like the position of the walls or one or two levels that are difference

Old 08-06-2010, 03:35 PM   #8
Leicester_Lad_93

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   2,500 Posts   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission   Community Gaming Event Bronze

Well I'm reallly stuck on Cave World 6, and the speedrun is an entirely different map!! Help
Old 08-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #9
Deak-in

I'm stuck on Cloud World level 5 at about 1:22 into the video. The method the person in the video uses, you can't do that on the PSN version of the game because it is blocked off and I can't get past that part of the level any other way.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #10
Pata

In the speedrun videos, most of the levels are the same as the PS3 but I can't find there are some different levels. Sorry but I can't found any videos for the PS3.
And Deak-in, this is one of the first changes that I see when I put the videos.