TOP ACE - easier way

skroq

Hello there,

I would like to share with everyone method that worked for me best to beat the 4,5mln score in order to unlock TOP ACE.

I have given up with the three multipliers and decided to skip the timed one in order to achieve the needed points threshold.

The key to success is getting the multiplier to a very high level, mine was about +120 at the final wave. I ended up having activated two handicaps: Legend + Low Tech.

1st Wave - you will be restarting a lot, becasue you have to finish this wave with multiplier of around 5-8. At the beginning it may sound impossible, but with training you will be able to do so.

2nd Wave - Again if you lose the multipier to x1 or x2 restart. You need to keep it as high as 7-10 for the upcoming third wave. Focus first on the unshielded enemies and crush them asap, the shielded ones may bounce of rocks and lose their shield. At the end you will be fighting only shielded enemies.

3rd Wave - after this wave you can relax a little, but not too much. If you multiplier is x10 kill the big ship immediately so it will give you a lot of points and you can afford buying an upgrade. Note that it may take 1-2 multipliers to go down because the ship may take some time to blow up. Head to delta and kill upcoming fliers. This will probably get your multiplier back to 10 if you are lucky. If you are super lucky some of the enemies will crush at walls by the time the ship is gone.

Ship blows up and your multi is about x15. Kill the remaining fliers.

Now, of you did good like me you will have enough points to buy the upgrade which you should do asap before the wave 4.

4th wave - excellent wave to boost your multiplier. Mines are helpfull so whenever you see one, go ahead and blow it so you can avoid looking for them later. L2 button do not point you to mines, only moving enemies. So in order to avoid looking for the mines, fly high and kill them asap. Destroy the ships, nothing hard. Avoid being killed, there are quite a lot of ships out there. Whenever you are being shot at, react, turn around and shoot back.

Points 48250 (Could be better but I ended up looking for 2 mines - fly very high and look down).

See if you have enough points to buy second upgrade.

5th wave - you can either kill the archon first or go after the ufos. I liked to kill the archon in order to save my ship's HP. Very easy wave, hard to get killed. Multiplier won't move up or down a lot.

Points 78750 - buy another upgrade if you haven't done so. From now on hold both L1 + R1 and keep shooting at all time.

6th wave - worst one, a lot of shielded enemies. Try to get close to x35-x40 multiplier. If it's below <25 restart.

Points 161450

7th wave - here you will spend about 20 minutes (my time was 18:27). Kill one of the big ships asap. Let the two live for couple of minutes, let them start throwing mines. After short time, destroying 4-5 mines of the 2nd ship. During this time your multi will boost a lot. I never tried it but actually I think you can leave the 2nd ship alive for a bit longer. Mines from the 1st ship will be crashing and your multi will rise.

Kill the 2nd ship and start following the 3rd. It will be dropping mines for quite sometime now. Remember to kill the mines when the multiplier bar is almost depleded at current level so you buy yourself some time to increase it instead of keeping it at the same level. You will figure this out easily. It's crucial that you leave this wave with multiplier >80 Mine was 86 or 87 as far as I remember.

Score: 592 750

8th wave - kill the ufos that just spammed (you should kill like 3-4 instantly). Kill the rest, no strategy apart from do not get yourself killed. If you are about to die, fly low on boosted jetpack and hide behind rocks. Mulitplier will be very high now >100

Score: 805 700

9th wave - Kill everything, don't die. Relax, if you have done everything above, you have almost done it. Just don't die!

Score: 805 700

10th wave - Check out your ship's HP. If all three are alive you may want to kill +10 Ufos, if they are low on health go for the archons. Multiplier was +120

Score: 1379400

Total Score: 5493600

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8100/8659582101_f1ca7c91bf_s.jpg

foto by m.skrok, on Flickr

Edited by skroq

This will come in handy as I've just got the DLC :).

If you need any private tutoring send me a PM. I just finished the game to 100%. Battle of Ghen was easier and much more fun. Unfortunately the lag issues spoil the fun, so you have to make sure to kill all the purple slugs.

You can just stomp on them pressing O. I used the strategies mentioned in the road-map so three multipliers (legend, time press, low tech).

I didn't upgrade any weapons, used a lot of melee and sniper rifle for everything far. I got 4,7 mln points with multi past 100.

Took me 3-5 hours.

• 2 years later...