Surgeon Simulator PS4

Surgeon Simulator coming to PlayStation 4

“It turned out that creating a control scheme for Nigel’s arm on PS4 was one of the most enjoyable parts of the process,” Bossa community manager Poppy Byron said on the PlayStation Blog.

“The first and most obvious step to take was to map hand movement and hand rotation to the left and right thumb sticks, as this is what players tend to expect on a console game.

“The finger controls were less obvious. We had a lot of ideas which turned out to be a bit too clumsy even for Surgeon Simulator. In the end we decided to lose the one-button-per-finger design used on the PC and instead condense it down into just two of the shoulder buttons.”

The game is using the DualShock 4′s six-axis motion sensors to control the orientation of the hand, which apparently feels quite good.

“We genuinely believe that this version of the game is even funnier that earlier versions of Surgeon Simulator,” Byron said.

“Something about seeing vital organs flying around a bigger screen while you relax on the sofa really strikes us as hilarious — having your whole body involved with it really adds to the physical comedy of the game.”

Trailer:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsdNDAYXD2M]Surgeon Simulator - PS4 Announcement[/ame]

Great game but on consoles... the controllers on this game are hard as hell!

I'm glad that Sony is pushing for good indie games, but I'm a little tired of them shoving indies into the PS4's cradle just because they're popular. There are a couple of exceptions that make sense, like Octodad and Minecraft, but for the most part I'd like to see more original indies make their way to PlayStation first instead of being ported over just because. The indie games I saw at the E3 conference are the types of games that make sense when developing for PS4.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm glad that Sony is pushing for good indie games, but I'm a little tired of them shoving indies into the PS4's cradle just because they're popular. There are a couple of exceptions that make sense, like Octodad and Minecraft, but for the most part I'd like to see more original indies make their way to PlayStation first instead of being ported over just because. The indie games I saw at the E3 conference are the types of games that make sense when developing for PS4.

Sony isn't shoving them. The developer teams for most indies are very very small, some of which are just two guys. What happens is they develop the game for PC typically first, then port it to a console. Take Outlast for example. I believe its just an 8 person development team. They did the game for PC, then PS4, then X1. These teams don't have the manpower to launch on all versions simultaneously.

Would you rather just go back to the PS3 days when we didn't get the game at all?

• 1 month later...