Superstars V8 Racing - Trophy Guide & Road Map

avfc52

SuperstarsV8Racing_19-1.png 

Banner by FARAZ_1994

Roadmap

Overview:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: 4.77/10 (Rating taken from the Platinum difficulty poll found here)

-Offline: 35 (20 (B), 10 (S), 5 (G))   

-Online: 0 (0 (B), 0 (S), 0 (G))   

-Approximate amount of time to (P): 10-20 Hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 4

-Number of missable trophies: None

-Glitched trophies: International Series & Mister Pole Position*

-Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats available.

Introduction

Superstars V8 Racing isn’t a very long game to platinum. You will most likely be able to complete it in one weekend. I have noted in the overview that there is a minimum 4 playthroughs needed which pertains to the full championships you will have to race in order to obtain the platinum. There are no missable trophies but you should know that most of the trophies will not unlock until you’re at the ‘saving contents’ screen after a race. The steps I have laid out will help you to get the trophies but there are also in game ‘Prizes’ that are unlocked by completing the specified task and doesn’t always run parallel to the trophies. I will cover those in this roadmap as the “Interior Decorator” trophy requires you to have them all.

This is important to note before we start: For the trophy “I’m in Love with My Car” you need to rack up 200km driving with the same team. So, at the start choose a car/ team that you want to do this with, I would recommend Gianni Morbidelli's Audi as it is 4 wheel drive and is much more stable than the rest of the cars which are rear wheel drive. So for any game mode and any trophy which doesn’t specify a car to use, use this.

On a side note, you will want to switch off penalties from the beginning in the ‘Realism Settings’ as it will really aid you in the championships and quick races.

*Some players have reported difficulties in trying to get International Series and Mister Pole Position. While this hasn't been an issue for everyone it is worth a mention. If this happens to you, you have fully completed the requirements of the trophy and it still does not unlock try unlocking another trophy. In Redeye420's case, Mister Pole Position unlocked once he completed a different trophy requirement. Also forum member 'SinRG' has made a thread outlining the glitched trophies and offered some helpful solutions: here.

Step 1: Training

For the first step, a perfect way of getting to know the game is to use the training mode rather than thrusting yourself into the race scene. There are 10 tracks in the game and you will have to beat the record time on 9 of them to claim the prizes and the trophy. After you’ve done that, go back to your favorite track and race 15 laps for “Mister Tester”. After you have done those 15 laps exit from training mode and your trophy will be awarded. They have to be done all in one go and invalid laps do not count so make sure not to cut corners. Use your chosen car for the “I’m in Love with My Car” trophy on both of these to rack up the km’s!

Step 2: Superstars Licenses

Next, and for your final step before the real meat of the game you need to complete all of the ‘Superstar Licenses’ to a platinum medal. The licenses are just basically a challenge mode section that gives you different race scenarios to complete, the more you excel at the challenge, the higher value medal you get. None of them are anything to write home about so you can swiftly blast through those, claim your many trophies and move onto the championships.

Step 3: Championships

For this step you will need to complete 4 championships, one for each of the difficulties. First I would recommend doing one on easy so you don’t have to worry about getting the 8 pole positions for “Mister Pole Position” and try to win on every track to unlock all the track prizes as the races will be no challenge at all for you by this point. Of course use your chosen car for all the championships except Medium (for which a trophy requires you to use a CAAL racing team’s car) and you will have “I’m in Love with My Car” in no time. For the harder championships the best tip I can give you is to cut corners everywhere it’s beneficial. With the penalties switched off you will not get time taken off and you can gain a massive advantage. Be sure to check out 'lukey52's video's in the "The Best Around" section of the guide for visual tips.

Step 4: Quick Races & Mop Up

For the final step you should look at the trophy list to check with trophies you haven’t got through normal play. There will also be many trophies left that start with “Win a race…” They are all self explanatory so set up a quick race, set the required settings and win the race. You should also check which prizes you are missing if any in the ‘Extras’ menu on the main page. The prizes will help you to keep track of which teams you’re missing for “The Driver More Than the Car” trophy. That concludes my roadmap for Superstars V8 Racing. Congrats on your platinum.

Edited by Viper
Fixed broken link.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trophy Guide

01.jpg The first stage of the podium (B)

Win your first race.

Set up a quick race, go into ‘Race Options’, set it to 1 lap and the opponent level to easy. Also put your starting position to 1st. The rest is up to you. Win the race and the trophy will unlock.

02.jpg The roar of the Jaguar(B)

Win a race using one of the Jaguar of the Ferlito Motors team.

See “It's raining cats and...Jaguars?”

03.jpg Girl Power (B)

Win a race using Maria De Villota.

Simple. Quick race and just select the driver before the race to be Maria De Villota, set the number of laps one if you wish and win the race.

04.jpg Race of Good Hope (B)

Win a race on Kyalami with Francesco Ascani.

Set up a quick race. The driver needs to be Francesco Ascani and the track needs to be on Kyalami. The rest of the settings are up to you.

05.jpg It's raining cats and...jaguars? (B)

Win a race on Magione with wet weather using the Ferlito Motors Jaguar.

Set up a quick race, choose one of the Ferlito Motors drivers, set the track to ‘Magione’ and change the weather to wet and win the race. After this you will also get “The Roar of the Jaguar” & “The Rainy Side of the Street” trophies.

06.jpg The sunny side of the street (B)

Win a race on Valencia on sunny weather using the SSantucci Motorsport Mustard.

Quick race again, set the track to Valencia. You will need to win the race driving the Mustard E1 of the SSantucci Motorsport team.

07.jpg The rainy side of the street (B)

Win a race with wet weather in any game mode.

See “It's raining cats and...Jaguars?”

08.jpg The driver more than the car (B)

Win at least a race with every team in the game.

This trophy is best saved until last as throughout the game you will be required to race for certain teams for trophies. You can track your progress on this by going to the ‘Extras’ menu and looking through your prizes. If you still need to race for any teams at the end of the game then it’s just a case of setting up a quick race and setting up an easy race on your favorite track to get the prize for that team.

09.jpg I like simulation (B)

Win a race in simulation mode at Legend difficulty level.

First you will have to switch to simulation mode by going to ‘Options’, then to ‘Driving Aids’ and switching the style over to simulation. Next, set up a quick race and change the opponent level to Legend. Win that race and the trophy will unlock.

10.jpg Komodo Dragon (B)

Win a race in Varano at Hard or Legend difficulty level.

Quick race, put the track as Varano and win the race on either hard or legend difficulty to unlock this one.

11.jpg Speed Temple (B)

Win a race on Monza at Legend difficulty level.

Again, quick race but set the track to Monza and win on legend.

12.jpg All roads lead to Rome (B)

Win a race on Vallelunga Track.

An easy quick race trophy again, all you are required to do is win on the Vallelunga track with any of the other settings completely up to you.

13.jpg Gear Power (B)

Win a race using manual transmission.

Firstly, go to ‘Options’, Driving aids’ and scroll down and turn ‘Automatic gears’ off. Depending on how your controls are configured just press :triangle: to change the gear up when the red light shows on the rev meter and :circle: to change down on corners. Win the race to unlock this one.

14.jpg Unrivaled (B)

Win a race with a 15 seconds gap or more from the second place.

This is easily done with a 3 lap race, I got this on Monza because the other drivers seem to negotiate the chicanes badly and you are able to gain an advantage. All you need to do is set up a quick race, set your stating position to 1st and laps to 3. If you have penalties disabled you will be able to cut corners and gain a massive advantage by the end of the third lap.

15.jpg Smells like burnt rubber (B)

Win a race performing 10 seconds of powerskid.

I got this trophy on Adria because the track is quite wide and there are a good few sweeping bends to build up the 10 seconds. To powerskid you need to hold the :l2: and :cross: buttons and turn in the direction of the corner at speed. Just to be safe I raced a 3 lap race powerskidding on every corner and was able to get at least a second of skid every corner. You will also need the cushion just in case you fall too far behind the driver in 1st, you need to win remember.

16.jpg The first of a long series (B)

Complete one of the challenges of the Superstars® Licenses Mode.

Choose Superstars Licenses and pick any challenge to do. Complete that to unlock this trophy.

17.jpg Mister Tester (B)

Complete 15 laps in Training Mode with the same driver.

Go into training mode and choose a track to train on. You will have to race 15 laps in one session for this trophy to unlock. Invalid laps do not count. After you have completed the 15 valid laps exit out of training mode and the trophy will unlock. Make sure you race using the driver you have chosen for the “I’m in love with my car” trophy.

18.jpg I'm in love with my car (B)

Drive for at least 200 km in Single Player mode with the same team.

For this trophy you will need to select a car that you will be racing with for a lot of this game. A good choice is Gianni Morbidelli's Audi because it is 4 wheel drive so therefore more stable on the track. For any trophy that doesn’t require you to race with a specific car, race with that. If you don’t have enough km on the clock by the end of the game you will have to race until it pops. So to avoid that, use it for everything.

19.jpg A present for you! (B)

Unlock a Prize.

The joint easiest trophy in the game, along with “The First Stage on the Podium”. This trophy will unlock once you win your first race.

35.jpg Slalom Champion (B)

Pass the Chicane challenge in the Superstars® License Mode.

This is the third challenge in the ‘Special Trials’ challenges which requires you to negotiate the first chicane on Monza without going off the track. It’s simple enough, you can go onto the apex, just not onto the grass.

Edited by Viper

20.jpg Superstars® veteran (S)

Win at least 10 races.

This should most likely come after your first championship win if you’ve been following the roadmap as there are 10 races to complete each championship.

21.jpg Mister Pole Position (S)

Achieve at least 8 Pole Positions in the same championship.

If you have chosen to do your first championship on easy then this will be easy enough for you. Just beat the final qualification time to finish in pole position. A few people have been having difficulty getting this trophy to unlock but a way around it is to try to manually skip sessions with :triangle: as opposed to using session select. (Thanks to ASIFM_ZA for the info)

22.jpg A new danger on the track (S)

Complete all the Special Trials challenges.

See “Not a Comedy”

23.jpg The Final Countdown (S)

Complete all the Countdown challenges.

See “Not a Comedy”

24.jpg Owned! (S)

Complete all the Duels challenges.

See “Not a Comedy”

25.jpg Not a comedy (S)

Complete all the Race Scenarios challenges.

Meet the requirements for all of the challenges in each section to unlock these trophies. None of them are too challenging but you will have to complete all of them with a platinum medal for the “Congratulations from the designer” trophy.

26.jpg The king of hourglass (S)

Beat at least 8 different records in Training.

Use the car you are using for the “I’m in love with my car” trophy for this one. None of the track records are hard to beat. You are actually required to beat 9 of them to get the prize and contribute to your “Interior Decorator” trophy.

27.jpg International Series (S)

Win the race of Vallelunga, Mugello, Monza and Valencia during the same championship.

During the first championship you do on easy you should try to win every race so if you aim to do that then this trophy will come mid way through the championship. This is another trophy that has been reported buy some to be glitched. A way around this, or either of the reportedly glitched trophies is to go ahead and unlock another trophy. This has been known to trigger the unlocking of the glitched trophies.

28.jpg Ave Cesari (S)

Win 5 races on Vallelunga with Mauro Cesari.

Start a quick race and select Mauro Cesari as the driver and Vallelunga as the track. You will need to go back to the main menu after every win as opposed to restarting for this trophy to unlock.

29.jpg No more space on the shelf (S)

Unlock all the championship and track cups.

The track cups are unlocked after you win the race on their respective tracks. The championship cups are unlocked after you win a championship on that specific difficulty setting. You will need to win a championship on each of the difficulties as well as the tracks for this one to pop.

30.jpg Congratulations from the Designer (G)

Complete all the challenges at Platinum level.

The platinum is the hardest medal to win on the Superstars License challenges but they aren’t that hard to get. Most of them can be obtained with a few tries. Get all of them to unlock this trophy.

31.jpg Audi famam illius (G)

Win a Championship with Gianni Morbidelli and his Audi car.

This was the driver that I chose for my “I’m in Love with my car” trophy as he is classed as the best driver. If he isn’t your choice however, just win the championship with him coupled with one of your difficulty trophies.

32.jpg BMWinner (G)

Win a championship with CAAL Racing team at least at Medium difficulty.

Simple enough just win it with CAAL’s BMW. Medium isn’t a difficulty to worry about as the drivers are still pretty useless. This one will go towards your championship prize as well so your well on your way to getting “No more space on the shelf”.

33.jpg The best around(G)

Win a championship at Legend difficulty level.

This is relatively hard but if you know the tracks and know where to gain advantage then this will not be a problem for you. If you have penalties disabled then you can cut any harsh corners without worrying about time being taken off.

lukey52 has kindly made some video's to help with this trophy:

This video contains the first 5 track in the Legend Championship.

This one covers the last 5 tracks in the championships.

00.jpg You are a Platinum Superstar!(P)

Collect all Trophies.

Congrats on your platinum.

Secret Trophies

34.jpg Interior Decorator (G)

Unlock all the objects in the Pit.

This will be one of the last trophies you need to unlock. Check your progress by selecting ‘Prizes’ from the extras menu. Collect all of the objects for your pit, complete all of the requirements and you will have it in no time.

Edited by Viper

• 2 weeks later...
The guide is now finally finished!

Found any problems with the guide? Have something to add? Tell me and i'll be sure to edit it!!

Great guide,thank you.

Only the Championship on Legend to go.....i wish i was better at racing games,its sending me insane!!

I think that International Series needs to be put as glitched.

(copying my post from the platinum difficulty thread):

After doing 4 full championship seasons and making totally sure to win the races required for the International Series trophy i'm still not getting it. I've watched the post season credits over and over, reloaded and watched again, still nothing. Tried changing every single thing in the whole game - still nothing. If anyone got a way to get this damned trophy, please let me know. It's the last trophy i need for the platinum.

After doing 4 full championship seasons and making totally sure to win the races required for the International Series trophy i'm still not getting it. I've watched the post season credits over and over, reloaded and watched again, still nothing. Tried changing every single thing in the whole game - still nothing. If anyone got a way to get this damned trophy, please let me know. It's the last trophy i need for the platinum.

Ok, so have you tried deleting the game data (not save data) and then raced the legend championship again? Its possible some of the data could've been corrupted so just to make sure try that.

avfc52: Thanks, that might help. I'll give it a try, might even delete the save data as well and try, you can do the championship from the start. I'll get back and let you know if i succeed.

Edit: Just checked and there are no game data.. My best hope is that it's possible to get it after deleting the save data. I'll be back with an update.

Edited by Widar

avfc52: Thanks, that might help. I'll give it a try, might even delete the save data as well and try, you can do the championship from the start. I'll get back and let you know if i succeed.

Edit: Just checked and there are no game data.. My best hope is that it's possible to get it after deleting the save data. I'll be back with an update.

Ohhh yeah game data is only there when a patch or install is needed. My bad.

Give us an update after you've tried that then.

Give us an update after you've tried that then.
Yes! Finally got the trophy and my beloved (P) along with it! :applause:

If anyone else have problems with the trophy, this it how i finally got it (on my 4th try...):

Deleted the save data and restarted with the Championship on easy and 3 laps. No penalties, other than that, as it "installs".

Did the championship as usuall (selecting qualify, getting pole, ending session, winning) and after right after the Valencia win and the auto saves the trophy poped! I'm so glad, though I'd be stuck at 97% with no platinum for ever! :)

Edited by Widar

Yes! Finally got the trophy and my beloved (P) along with it! :applause:

If anyone else have problems with the trophy, this it how i finally got it (on my 4th try...):

Deleted the save data and restarted with the Championship on easy and 3 laps. No penalties, other than that, as it "installs".

Did the championship as usuall (selecting qualify, getting pole, ending session, winning) and after right after the Valencia win and the auto saves the trophy poped! I'm so glad, though I'd be stuck at 97% with no platinum for ever! :)

Lol i've just noticed this.

Well done on the plat mate! I'm glad you worked the issue out

• 5 weeks later...

my suggestion is to do differently to the guide's suggestion:

"Set up a quick race, choose one of the Ferlito Motors drivers, set the track to ‘Magione’ and change the weather to wet and win the race. After this you will also get “The Roar of the Jaguar” & “The Rainy Side of the Street” trophies."

Do this as your first race, as well as the 3 trophies mentioned you will also earn:

The first stage of the podium and a present for you

Thats right my first lap of the game and I earnt 6 trophies. Came as a surprise lol

my suggestion is to do differently to the guide's suggestion:

"Set up a quick race, choose one of the Ferlito Motors drivers, set the track to ‘Magione’ and change the weather to wet and win the race. After this you will also get “The Roar of the Jaguar” & “The Rainy Side of the Street” trophies."

Do this as your first race, as well as the 3 trophies mentioned you will also earn:

The first stage of the podium and a present for you

Thats right my first lap of the game and I earnt 6 trophies. Came as a surprise lol

Yeah thats good, I thought about putting something like that in the guide but I dont feel right telling people what order they should earn trophies.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks for another great guide mate.

The Audi was a great tip and I think one of few cars which makes is possible to win the legend championship without too much problems.

Think I will try to find Supercar Challenge somewhere now for a bigger challenge.

... There are no missable trophies but you should know that most of the trophies will not unlock until you’re at the ‘saving contents’ screen after a race...

*Note to myself*: I should have kept that memorized when doing the Mister Tester.

I have been driving for about an hour (but that includes messing around a lot, playing with the handbrake etc.) waiting for this trophy to unlock ;-).

• 3 weeks later...

u definatly need to add that the trophies r glitchy, not just the international like was previously mentioned in the forum, it took 3 races for any trophies to pop for me at the start, and now , yes im having problems with the international , ,

"if thers glitchd trophies in a game, ther sure to happen to me" . bc1 included . . lol

http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/ne/m/nemec8/card.png

• 2 weeks later...

(S) Mister Pole Position

This trophy is a bit fucked up I think. Perhaps my story can be helpful to others having problems getting it to unlock:

1. I beat all records in training and got all platinum medals in Licenses before starting Championships.

2. I did not complete (B) Mister Tester, yet.

3. I did a championship on EASY first and got pole position 10 times but used session select to skip from Qualification to Race. (S) Mister Pole Position DID NOT unlock.

4. Did a championship on Medium with CAAL team and got pole position 9 times using :triangle: to advance time through EVERY event for entire championship. (S) Mister Pole Position DID NOT UNLOCK. :wall:

5. I go back and decide to do Mister Tester for the hell of it 'cause I'm a bit :sick: of the championships at this time and I do 20 laps and (B) Mister Tester did not unlock. :2walls: I visit the sister site and read that you have to exit out of training mode after getting 15 valid laps in order for the trophy to unlock (a detail we might want to add to our guide here).

6. Guess what happens when I exit out of training mode??? :confused:

(S) Mister Pole Position unlocks (:wtf:) and immediately after that (B) Mister Tester unlocks.

STRANGEST FUCKING TROPHY EVER.

Same thing here.

I won 10 out of 10 races on easy and it didn't unlock

Before that game I've never had any trophy issue but this one (International Series) is definitely glitched.

That's wierd. I think the US release has more trophy bugs than the EU version because I didn't have a problem with any trophy.

I think I may add a note in the roadmap just to warn people.

There was no US release. The copy I played was EU (PAL) version purchased from olsen. There US release was cancelled but it is coming to US PSN for $19.99.

• 1 month later...
There was no US release. The copy I played was EU (PAL) version purchased from olsen. There US release was cancelled but it is coming to US PSN for $19.99.

20 bucks is too much for this glitchy crap. i paid only $13 for my import.

both Mr. Pole Position and International Series trophies glitched on me during my easy champ but using the :triangle: button to 'skip time' though everything seemed fix it and they unlocked in my medium run.

all that aside, the game isn't that exciting and the load times are the worst i've seen on ps3 so far. it's not only the time of the loading but also the amount. everything needs to be loaded and accessed and saved every time you do something. it's a huge momentum killer.

• Viper changed the title to Superstars V8 Racing - Trophy Guide & Road Map