Training mode trophies

Ogre

Hi everyone,

I just bought this game a couple days ago and so far it hasnt been too bad. (other then the occassional lag during gameplay :p)

I am trying for the trophy "King of the Hourglass"

I have 7/10 tracks complete and the remaining three I cant even come close to beating. The tracks I still have are Misano Adriatico, Kyalami and Portimao. I am using the Audi car. Ive tried and read lots of guides and every one of them says these are easy to beat. I know im not that bad at this game but I always am 5-7 seconds short in every lap I try in training mode. Is it possible to beat the track times on a regular race and still get the trophy? Ive been failing pretty hard at these last 3 tracks for hours.. Ive tried different car settings/etc still nothing. Anyone have any good tips about good settings to use? Thanks in advance. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

I just bought this game a couple days ago and so far it hasnt been too bad. (other then the occassional lag during gameplay :p)

I am trying for the trophy "King of the Hourglass"

I have 7/10 tracks complete and the remaining three I cant even come close to beating. The tracks I still have are Misano Adriatico, Kyalami and Portimao. I am using the Audi car. Ive tried and read lots of guides and every one of them says these are easy to beat. I know im not that bad at this game but I always am 5-7 seconds short in every lap I try in training mode. Is it possible to beat the track times on a regular race and still get the trophy? Ive been failing pretty hard at these last 3 tracks for hours.. Ive tried different car settings/etc still nothing. Anyone have any good tips about good settings to use? Thanks in advance. :D

My only tip is to go fast. Try to memorize which parts of the track you can drive through fast enough and to avoid slowing down like a curve. Only slow down when it's a hairpin or there is no way to go through without invalidating the lap. I've beaten all tracks 10/10 using the same car in my other account. I've slowed down even on little right curves and it totally took a lot of my time. So yeah,don't slow down on unnecessary paths.

• 2 weeks later...

I had no problem getting to 8. The only problem is the trophy didn't pop. :(

It was a bitch to beat the 9th track. Still no trophy. (but hey, at least the prize for beating 9 target times shows it's unlocked) :confused:

Again had to grind on the 10th track. STILL no trophy. :mad::mad::mad:

Even if you think you are 4 or 5 seconds off the time on your first lap, if you keep improving your time and learn how to maximize the turns every track, they should all be beatable by at least a full second or two. Of course the question is, will you actually get the trophy for it?

Unfortunately even after grinding out those last two target times and getting all 10, it seems like the trophy for winning 8 times will never pop for me. I've tried shutting my system and retrying several times. Beating my own times. Using different drives. Nothing is working. Seems I've slammed into a brick wall with this game. :think: I've already had several trophies glitch, but at least they popped the 2nd time around on the way to playing the game naturally. I'm not sure what to do with this one. the racing wasn't "torture" to try and run through all the requirements 1 time to get a platinum. But no way I'm putting an extra 10 hours because of a trophy glitch.

i done about 6 traks whith the BMW and 2 whith the audi and did beat the times but got no trophy , must this be done whith 1 car or does it not matter to get those 8 lap records?

Yeah you can only use 1 car for the trophy. I used 3 different cars the first time around and no trophy pop. I went back and beat my own records 3 times with 1 car (which took me an extra 2 hrs:mad:) and *ding* the trophy appeared.

Ugh! I was wondering why this wound't pop for me, and after seeing that there were 2 prizes related to a certain number of top positions (6 and 9) with the same driver, I suspect that maybe I had to use the same driver to get the Hourglass Trophy. Darn ... don't really want to have to attack those others again ...