Another UK exclusive?

Looks like it...

Didn't pick up the first one, it got meh-ish reviews, and racing games are my favourite genre, so this has the potential to improve on what stopped the first from getting better reviews.

I'll certainly read the reviews it gets and possibly pick it up...

EDIT: Waitaminute, I'm confused, I could've sworn I saw "Superstars V8 Racing" released on the 360 in 2009, or was that something similar? Shopping sites show that "Superstars V8 Racing" and "Superstars V8 Next Challenge" are both being released in Feb 2010...

IGN states what I think, Superstars V8 Racing was released in June 09, must be amazon that's wrong... Thought the first one was 360 exclusive...but could someone clear all this up?

Edited by Catscan93

wowwie..cant wait. Had fun with the 1st one. I did a little scoopin around the internet and found out that it is a new game.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPjNovFIa_I]YouTube - Superstars V8 Next Challenge Trailer HD[/ame]

There is a demo on Xboxlive and the releasedate for PC, PS3 and Xbox should be 25th february 2010..funny..we will see

Thought the first one was 360 exclusive...but could someone clear all this up?

I can confirm with absolute confidence that the first game was not a 360 exclusive, as I own a copy! :p

The first game isn't the best of the best in the racing genre, but then its no slouch either. However, the material I've read on this new edition (which came from a 360 magazine) suggests that its barely any different from the first, with only a few improvements (which still need a lot of work) making it worth the time. Right now, this game is heading for one BIG fail chicken.. :eek:

I did enjoy the first one, so will buy this as soon as I can.

And when it's an UK exclusive (the first one wasn't but looks like they didn't make alot of copies :D) I'll import it right away.

I only hope there's more online players or that the online trophies are boostable :)

hope online championship was like sbk09 were you could set up a two race championship with friends on a ranked match and it would count for the trophy .

dont see any hard trophies in this game they probably should have tweaked the diff on legend it was piss easy

The only thing that I hope to be better in this one is loading times.

& why the hell do they persist with the full-on animation of the saving content bar?!?! With that annoying clank every 3 seconds! Its the same for SBK09 aswell. SORT IT OUT BLACK BEAN!!! Just have one bar that does everything, we dont need to know that the game is analyzing content, analyzing the game progress content, and then saving the content! Keep it simple! Grrrrr.

& why the hell do they persist with the full-on animation of the saving content bar?!?! With that annoying clank every 3 seconds! Its the same for SBK09 aswell. SORT IT OUT BLACK BEAN!!! Just have one bar that does everything, we dont need to know that the game is analyzing content, analyzing the game progress content, and then saving the content! Keep it simple! Grrrrr.

lol indeed, that was horrible..

most of the gaming hours of the first one were loading screens..

yeah the saving really annoyed me why did it have to take so long surely this gotta be sorted. there are games with more going on than this and they save a helluva lot quicker

I did enjoy the first one, so will buy this as soon as I can.

And when it's an UK exclusive (the first one wasn't but looks like they didn't make alot of copies :D) I'll import it right away.

I only hope there's more online players or that the online trophies are boostable :)

it wasn't a UK exclusive but it was a PAL/EU exclusive. They couldn't have expected a game about Italian car racing to sell well in the US :p Judging by the first games success I highly doubt this will a worldwide release. I can only find references to it's EU release so unless there is a significant delay I guess only the EU can expect it

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I've seen a pre-order thing from Kmart.com for this today, it shows it with "Rated E" instead of the PAL ESRB warning on the front cover, but it doesn't say when it comes out....

According to Amazon it is released december 31.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_10?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=superstars+v8+next+challenge&sprefix=Superstars]http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_10?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=superstars+v8+next+challenge&sprefix=Superstars[/ame]

• 1 year later...