Stage 3 Invitational Race

Critical_Sin

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I finally beat the race. Now thats a feeling of accomplishment! :D What finally did it for me was using the controller instead of my DFGT. Set SC, TC, A-B all to 4 with auto transmission. Felt like taking 2 steps back but it worked! On my winning race all 3 laps were 1:58.XX. With the wheel they were all 2:00.XX.

Edit: This was with the patch re-installed.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Just to draw attention to a post by bitbamboo in the other thread, "Stage 3 Invitational - You have to be kidding right?", the easiest way to get this race done is by uninstalling the four game patches and reinstalling the first patch only.

The race, without doing this, is nearly impossible. I did that gawdforsaken race about 40 times over two days trying to get it done and the best I could do was a 2nd and a handful of 3rd place finishes. I was nowhere close to first. After I read the forum post, I uninstalled the patches and installed the the first (35MB) patch. It will download and then immediately install. Cancel while the second patch is downloading.

First try under version 1.10, and despite my botching up the first lap, I got it done and the trophy popped. I would totally recommend this method to work around this race. It's nearly impossible without it.

• 3 months later...
Just to draw attention to a post by bitbamboo in the other thread, "Stage 3 Invitational - You have to be kidding right?", the easiest way to get this race done is by uninstalling the four game patches and reinstalling the first patch only.

The race, without doing this, is nearly impossible. I did that gawdforsaken race about 40 times over two days trying to get it done and the best I could do was a 2nd and a handful of 3rd place finishes. I was nowhere close to first. After I read the forum post, I uninstalled the patches and installed the the first (35MB) patch. It will download and then immediately install. Cancel while the second patch is downloading.

First try under version 1.10, and despite my botching up the first lap, I got it done and the trophy popped. I would totally recommend this method to work around this race. It's nearly impossible without it.

Thx for your tip got the race done in just on try after installing the first patch.

Your a king !