Few tips for Absolute Supercars

FfredericC

A few tips or notions for Absolute Supercars (and I guess the versions without the cheat). I just wanted to let everyone know that you can get platinum easily without the ability to delete patches as the patch is built in the American version.

1) Play through career on Elite using the Ferrari 512 S and auto-break on (available for 20.000). Most of the races will be cake this way, even if you place last in the Qualifying rounds. If for some reason you have trouble, restart the Qualifying round until you are driving in the rain. AI becomes even worse and you will be able to pass all of them without effort.

2) Make sure you have a "1st place"-Check in each race. Otherwise the Race points related trophies won't pop. If you finished a race on Elite one time, you will have to get first place on Elite as well. I tried with winning on Easy and even Pro but the game kept saying my second place on Elite was my best result.

3) Stage 3 Invitational: turn auto-break off for one, know the track and be as aggressive as can be without going off the track. Brake as late as you can and try taking curves while releasing gas and keeping your speed. There are a few curves you can easily overtake some of your opponents that way.

4) The easiest tournament is also the one where you get to drive the Ferrari 512 S (Turn on auto-break for easy wins). Don't restart when you placed last in the qualifications. For instance on the last and third race I placed 16th but won easily because the AI will go into "seriously drunk"-mode.

5) Get a buddy to do all multiplayer trophies with and finish up some miscellaneous trophies too while you're at it.

6) Start grinding that xp (also use the 512 S here) in Homestead oval 1 lap quick races in the rain against a full grid for two/three hours (5250 xp per minute) and buy yourself a 80.000 dollar car when you're done.

7) Enjoy your platinum ! :applause:

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/FfredericC.png

Edited by FfredericC

• 1 month later...

All assists were set around 3 or 4, I wouldn't go much lower than that in order to drive aggressive yet safe. The other drivers should make the same mistakes in certain corners, especially in the rain and that's where you need to be close to them so you can overtake them.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/FfredericC.png

Edited by FfredericC

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...