Instantly Win Races Cheat - PSN Version

MMDE

Introduction

Entering this cheat will make you instantly win a race. I'm not sure what versions of the game this cheat works with, but I know it worked with my EU PSN version. I also know it doesn't work with at least some of the disc version, simply because they can't update to the same patch. I need help to verify what versions of the game the cheat works with.

Known Working Versions

• PSN
    • Europe v1.14
    • Australian/NZ v1.14
    • HK v1.14

[*]Disc

• None (as far as I know)

Known Not Working Versions

• PSN
    • (NA) "Absolute Supercars" v1.03

[*]Disc

• Everywhere v1.13 (as far as I know)

Cheat Menu

After you start a race, and the 3, 2, 1, GO messages have disappeared from the screen, you can hold down the :select: button and a little number will appear in the bottom left corner of the screen. This number decides what spot you end up at when you activate the cheat and you can change it by holding down the :select: button and pressing the :l1: button. To activate the cheat, and instantly end the race, hold down :select: and press :l1:! Unless you've changed the number, it should already be at 1, so all you need to do is to wait for the GO message to disappear before pressing and holding down the :select: button and then pressing :r1: once to win the race.

1. Wait for the 3, 2, 1, GO messages to disappear
  2. :select:+:r1:

How it affects the game

Almost all trophies works well with the cheat, so it renders the game a very easy 1/10 (P) and obtainable in less than 4 hours. Most of those 4 hours is spent on loading screens (taking between 30-60 seconds) and then for the race to start (another 10 seconds). The cheat does not work with the online play, but that shouldn't take longer than 2 minutes or so (you don't need to race more than one 45 seconds lap online).

Edited by MMDE

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will also try this, please tell us if it worked for you.

I think it works for all PSN versions, but I'm not 100% sure about it, as I've only personally done it on the EU PSN version. I know it doesn't work for at least some disc versions, possibly all disc versions, due to the fact that they can't patch the game to the same patch.

Not sure, but doesn't NZ get EU versions of games? Or am I wrong about that?

Edited by MMDE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
psn version isn't in the NA store :(

At least that explains why nobody with NA version of the game has said it works with their version. I'm wondering if it works with EU disc version, but I don't think it does.

Anyways, you can probably get it from the EU ps store. It's very cheap! I think it cost about 10-13USD.

I bought it when it was on PS+ sale for like 9USD, and it wasn't set down that much in price.

Edited by MMDE

Does this work on the German PSN Version? Saw it for 12 Euros on the German store and debating on buying it. Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure it works with the German PSN version, though, I have not tested. You could test it and tell us if it works. As far as I know it works with all PSN versions.

The game has been patchet?

The build/patch of the game you get when you purchase it in the PS Store is newer and a bit different than the one you can upgrade to with the disc version. The game is not available in the NA PS Store.

You can not patch to the version where this cheat works if you got the disc version of the game. You are on the patch where this cheat works when you purchase it from the PS Store.

Edited by MMDE

Ok, thanks. The PSN works with 1,14 patch, has this been patched to 1,15? or still it works? I got spanish account

The build/patch of the game you get when you purchase it in the PS Store is newer and a bit different than the one you can upgrade to with the disc version. The game is not available in the NA PS Store.

You can not patch to the version where this cheat works if you got the disc version of the game. You are on the patch where this cheat works when you purchase it from the PS Store.

You dont understand me, I wanna know if the PSN version of the game has been repatched again to delete this bug or if it is still work fine the glitch.

Sorry for my inglish

Ok, thanks. The PSN works with 1,14 patch, has this been patched to 1,15? or still it works? I got spanish account

• 4 weeks later...
The NA version of this came out today, called Absolute Supercars. And unless I'm doing this wrong (very possible), this glitch does not work. I didn't expect it to either.

I don't think it's the same game. They got a lot of similarly named games.

i can't find this game on the Australian PS store? Is it under a different name or something?

alexslykid seems to have found it... :s

I thought Australia/NZ got pretty much the same store as the EU, just with less content.

Yeah i've looked everywhere and can't find it, searched the name and still nothing.

The psn store ugraded a week or so ago to the newer version (which sucks by the way, makes searching for things so much harder than it needs to be, stuff is all over the place), mabey the game has been removed....??

I checked out the Hong Kong store through my HK account and they still have the old version of the PSN store with the the game on it there so im just going to get it through that.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/the_game_nerd.png