Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 05-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
SidooRabbit

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Default Long Time No See Trophy

Is anyone having a hard time unlocking this trophy? I've only been able to fight Gouken 2 times out of 10 tries and he just mercilessly spams hadoken at me and kicks me while stopping mid-air as I'm spamming my lariat move. The lariat is my only chance against these AI on Hardest. Any tips?
Old 05-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #2
HUYI

you are lucky to unlock him at all, i've never unlcoked him on sf4 or ssf4, also you should have used the 2 player pad trick to stop yourself from dying, not sure if it is allowed though.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
Epedemic

He didn't give me any trouble at all. I just lariat as soon as the match started incase he tried to palm or hadoken. then lariat over to him and he was done. he kept getting up and just kept getting hit like any other character. the match lasted around 10 seconds.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:22 PM   #4
SidooRabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epedemic View Post
He didn't give me any trouble at all. I just lariat as soon as the match started incase he tried to palm or hadoken. then lariat over to him and he was done. he kept getting up and just kept getting hit like any other character. the match lasted around 10 seconds.
Hmm, I tried approaching him immediately but I didn't lariat fast enough and his focus attack is pretty deadly. If my lariat hits his focus attack, he's fast enough to counter it. It's pretty damn frustrating when I'm trying to get close to him.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:09 PM   #5
honeybbq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epedemic View Post
I agree this is pretty easy trophy. I got it on my first try with 3 ultra's and 1 perfect.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:20 PM   #6
SandD3MON

Yea man i used the Geif method also and his fight was just like any other for me... i was smackin the hell outta him lol
SandD3MON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:53 AM   #7
HiryuMK

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   Jack of All Trades   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

If you have difficulty against Shin Akuma or Shin Gouken, simply press Start on the 2nd controller.

Like that, you have infinite retry to beat them.
HiryuMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:27 AM   #8
SidooRabbit

Hmmm I must not know what I'm doing then. :P I didn't know the 2nd controller would do that, though. Thanks for the tip!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:25 PM   #9
need4speed

I'm using gief and doing the lariat like people say. But what I find hard Is doing zangief ultra combo move which Is the full circle on the ps3 joystick. Is there a easier away to do his ultra combo move? Thanks.
need4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:32 AM   #10
SidooRabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed View Post
I'm using gief and doing the lariat like people say. But what I find hard Is doing zangief ultra combo move which Is the full circle on the ps3 joystick. Is there a easier away to do his ultra combo move? Thanks.
I struggled with this one for a while until I got it right. If you're facing in the right direction, make sure you start from the left and rotate counter-clockwise for a full circle and a half, so make sure you stop on the right point. I usually pull this off while getting up after the opponent knocks me down, they're usually right in front of me and they can't block my ultra, which is nice.