Update incoming, 5 new characters and more

More characters is cool, but stages? lol. Training stage is the only stage I play.

It's something I hear a lot of complaining about from Casual Players. And for fun, it will be great. But tourneys or online ranked... naw.

Must admit it's boring to watch every single match in these games being played in training stages. But 6 new stages, unless one is really bare, won't change that.

Well they said it won't be a character that's been on a previous Street Fighter and now that it won't be a character that's been on a previous Capcom fighting game period. So eh, in order of "it's Capcom" to "wtf? no" my guesses:

Violent Ken

Go Hibiki

Goutetsu

The chick from Remember Me

Gene from GodHand (c'mon, it has to happen one day... oh sh- he was a card in UMVC3)

Satsui no Hadou Sean

A completely new character

EDIT: BTW, I wonder how this will interact with trophies since you can go from vanilla Super or AE Super to Ultra as DLC. If someone does the first, can they get the AE DLC trophies? I think they may not. I guess it would be rare.

Edited by OmegaDenmad
ponders

I have already Street Fighter IV game , but I didn't play Super Street Fighter IV game. I am lazy to play SSFIV, and collect trophies that is very challenge as a very hardest.

I just watched ULTRA Street Fighter IV trailer on Youtube , but I'd surprise to buy a new game for early 2014. My favourite character is RYU who is the cover of ULTRA Street Fighter IV.

Edited by Tigerz_bone_21

Capcom just made it easier for me to trade/sell SFxT now that the SF exclusive characters are in SF4 too.

I lost interest in the 5th character when they said its a newcomer to Fighting Game, I just don't anyone in SF who hasn't been in a Fighting game before.

I was hoping Alex, Karin, Charlie or Urien would had been the 5th character.

Training Stage is all people choose and its pathetic. The update does not give you All DLC Costumes. Only the retail disc and digital version get the Costumes. The 5th character will be Evil Ken,Alex or Ryu's brother who embraced the Satso No Hado in one of Animated movies. I'm rooting for Evil Ken cause we already have Evil Ryu,Oni so the obvious choice is Evil Ken. We will know for sure in the next coming weeks or months.

Ît doesn't matter if its a Shoto as a 5th character. Quit complaining and just accept the 5th character when its revealed. If its a crappy character I just won't play him. It's not going be Very Evil Ryu either. It's not going be anybody from MvC 3. It's not going be done random character either. It's going be a character from SF Universe but one that has never appeared in a SF game before.

Edited by Xander45
please use the edit function isntead of double posting

Training Stage is all people choose and its pathetic.

You do know people choose that to decrease as much as possible any lag since there no animation happening in the back and also no distraction?

Some major tournaments banned Volcanic Rim.

Tournaments | ArcadeCon 2013

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition: Version 2013

All matches are best 2 out of 3, Finals also best 2 out of 3.

Loser of round 1 may switch characters, and choose stage.

Winner of round 1 must stick with characters chosen in round 1, for round 2.

99 second time limit

No characters banned

Volcanic Rim banned

Pausing during gameplay will result in the opponent to the offending player to decide to continue as normal, or take the free round.

Sticks are allowed.

Winner shall be crowned “King of Iron Fist 2013” at the closing ceremony!

NeSPA Street Fighter 4 Tournament!

STAGE SELECTION

If players cannot come to decision on a stage within 15 seconds, the stage will be random selected. For players with vision impairments / colour blindness they must alert the Judge to this as to avoid certain stages i.e. Volcanic Rim.