C to Shining C and Arcade Edition

I played a lot of regular SSFIV and got maybe 20 character to C rank, I have SSFIVAE now but I'm unsure how the trophy works for it because rankings are different.

For example, if I play SSFIVAE and get to C rank with the other 15 characters will I get the trophy, or because I'm playing SSFIVAE will I need get the 20 characters I already did to C rank (in SSFIV) in SSFiVAE again also?

I'd rather play AE than switch down to vanilla SSFIV, but don't know if it will be wasting my time in progress towards the trophy...

Anyone know for sure? Will a mix of C rank in SSFIV and AE work for it?

I cant say for sure because i havent got this trophy myself but from shoryuken forums i remember reading that you can get the trophy mixing normal and arcade edition. So you can have like 5 characters to c from vanilla and do the rest on ae and still get the trophy. Just saying what i read there but otherwise wouldnt make sense to have to redo everything. Also other trophies of the game work similar way mixing between the two.

• 3 weeks later...

You cannot do Ryu for example in Vanilla and Ken in Arcade Edition. You need to level up all characters in one version. You don't need to level up all characters in both versions like mentioned, but you do not get the trophy if you level up the characters if they are characters from two different versions. So decide which version you want to use, you can change it of course and then level up your characters.

Oh, and the four extra characters of Arcade Edition do not count.

You cannot do Ryu for example in Vanilla and Ken in Arcade Edition. You need to level up all characters in one version. You don't need to level up all characters in both versions like mentioned, but you do not get the trophy if you level up the characters if they are characters from two different versions. So decide which version you want to use, you can change it of course and then level up your characters.

Oh, and the four extra characters of Arcade Edition do not count.

Are you 100% sure about that? Meaning that at some point you had some chars from vanilla at c and some from ae at c and you didnt get the trophy?

That would make no sense for someone that has half chars from vanilla to c to even get the ae edition if he has to continue to play at vanilla.

I m pretty sure capcom wouldnt make a mistake like that.

I can say with certainty that you don't need to level up character in AE if you leveled up him in regular version already. I got the trophy a week ago. I have C rank in AE for all characters except Zangief. Zangief has 0 points in AE, but I got C rank for him in regular version. And trophy still pops.

I can say with certainty that you don't need to level up character in AE if you leveled up him in regular version already. I got the trophy a week ago. I have C rank in AE for all characters except Zangief. Zangief has 0 points in AE, but I got C rank for him in regular version. And trophy still pops.

So you mean you have used the Vanilla version once and trained Zangief? And then you have changed to Arcade Edition and always trained the characters there?

This does not make any sense when it comes to the game having the same character with two different profiles so it acts like they would be two different characters and people boosting with me also always changed to the version where they have trained their characters and I also had to do some things to get the trophy.

So you mean you have used the Vanilla version once and trained Zangief? And then you have changed to Arcade Edition and always trained the characters there?

This does not make any sense when it comes to the game having the same character with two different profiles so it acts like they would be two different characters and people boosting with me also always changed to the version where they have trained their characters and I also had to do some things to get the trophy.

Make sense or not, but I have trophy. And my Zangief's stats show me that I don't mistake and he still has D rank in AE. Besides Ryu, Ken, Chun-li, Honda and other 30 characters have C rank in AE version and D in Vanilla.

Why do you think it's not possible? It's more logical.

Make sense or not, but I have trophy. And my Zangief's stats show me that I don't mistake and he still has D rank in AE. Besides Ryu, Ken, Chun-li, Honda and other 30 characters have C rank in AE version and D in Vanilla.

Why do you think it's not possible? It's more logical.

Exactly plus you can back up your argument in contrary to the above poster.

Also as i said if you have completed like 20 characters to vanilla then ae edition comes out and if you continue with ae chars and you cant get the trophy but you still have to play vanilla why would you ever buy the dlc.

Also i dont understand what the profiles means. Even if there are 2 profiles for each char why would that make the trophy unobtainable.

Also the fact that people boosting changing the versions means nothing unless there is proof that someone cant get the trophy. People arent sure and just trying to be safe as it is very long process

Edited by nicogr78

Also i dont understand what the profiles means. Even if there are 2 profiles for each char why would that make the trophy unobtainable.

I have never said that the trophy is unobtainable this way. With no single word. Ryu in Vanilla and Ryu in Arcade Edition are two different characters because they have both their own profile - and of course some characters also have had some changes. So the thought of why the trophy could not be gotten that way is very logical. Because they are different characters because of an own profile for each version and I don't know which technical changes they also have had. Obviously it works somehow so it does not matter anyway. And I also don't know what "if you can't play AE why would you even buy the dlc" means because if it were like I said you could still play AE but it does not change the fact that every character has his/her own profile in both versions.

And I have the trophy as well. As well as all I have boosted with. You say "the fact is no proof" but the fact that people change their version while boosting let people like me think that those people have informed themselves before and that it is the reason why they change their version while boosting.

The discussion is no use however because the question is answered already.

Edited by Cetra

And I have the trophy as well. As well as all I have boosted with. You say "the fact is no proof" but the fact that people change their version while boosting let people like me think that those people have informed themselves before and that it is the reason why they change their version while boosting.

Yeah that was his point, just because people change their version while booting proves nothing, there have been no instances reported of anyone not getting the trophy having leveled half their characters to C rank on one version, and the rest on another. So this would suggest to me that you CAN mix versions, but people were just playing it safe by sticking to one version, which is prudent I guess, I'll probably do the same just in case.

• 5 months later...

I'm going for the c to shining c trophy as well. To clear up confusion, the trophy will pop up when you make the original super cast C rank. You don't need Evil Ryu, Oni, or Yun and Yang. You can do this in AE edition or Super Edition, it's your choice.

Say if, you have more bp on characters in the super edition, go to options and change the options from AE edition back to Super Edition. It really doesn't matter. If you have more bp on characters in AE edition, then just stick to having AE Edition on when you go online. :) Hope this helped.

Again you DO NOT need to rank up: Evil Ryu, Oni, Yun or Yang.

Unless you want to :)

• 7 months later...

I really doubt anyone is still wondering about this trophy, but you can mix and match BP lists. Let's say you got to 1000 BP (C Rank) with Ryu on Super Street Fighter IV, but not in Arcade Edition, it'll still count towards the trophy.

I finally got the plat after three years and 440+ hours of game time.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
Anyone know if we only have USFIV, we still need to get 1000 BP for the AE & Ultra characters?

Asking this because of the PS4 version since it a separate trophy list.

If you have the disc, I don't know.

If you bought SSF4 and got the 2 DLC's, no you do not.

-James