Old 01-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
martinek89

Send a message via ICQ to martinek89 Send a message via Skype™ to martinek89
Exclamation I never seen worse game..

huh? AI is definitely worst on the globe,trials doesnt work... waste of money
martinek89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
Nille

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Bronzer Than Nothing   2013 FIFA 14 Tournament Champion   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

I agree with you that the AI can be quite bad. Especially on Seth, which is totally random. And even sometimes it seems to be easier on the higher difficultys. But the trials do work, only that they are very hard, and precise with the timing. If you go too quick, nothing comes out of it. And if you go too slow they'll block.

The glory of this game is in the online though. I know a lot of people complain about spammers, but play with someone you know and it'll be great fun.
Nille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
klujma

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinek89 View Post
trials doesnt work... waste of money
He is correct!

And i agree also with this -
Nille - The glory of this game is in the online though. I know a lot of people complain about spammers, but play with someone you know and it'll be great fun.
6. Both Batmans
Favorite games: Fallout 3, Skyrim, COD, LOU, Max Payne 3, RDR, Dragon Dogma, DMC, Dead Space 2, AC2, NGS2, Syndicate, COJ2, Dead Island 1, Bulletstorm, Castlevania, Vanquish, Asura, Borderlands etc. platinum hunting ended 10/2013

Last edited by klujma; 01-28-2012 at 03:26 PM.
klujma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
Jaytech

Awards Showcase The Silver Lining   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
you are just very very bad at games. LOL.

Jaytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
Info

Awards Showcase THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytech View Post
you are just very very bad at games. LOL.
I second this.
Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:06 PM   #6
RYU81

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
if trials doesn't works for you,doesn't mean its bad game.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
klujma

Default .

He saying that the AI is worst, not that is hard, and AI IS worst, they just spamming two attacks... And trials doesnt work... So its no challenge, challenge is Ultimate Marvel..
6. Both Batmans
Favorite games: Fallout 3, Skyrim, COD, LOU, Max Payne 3, RDR, Dragon Dogma, DMC, Dead Space 2, AC2, NGS2, Syndicate, COJ2, Dead Island 1, Bulletstorm, Castlevania, Vanquish, Asura, Borderlands etc. platinum hunting ended 10/2013
klujma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #8
Liad-88

Send a message via MSN to Liad-88 Send a message via Skype™ to Liad-88

Quote:
Originally Posted by klujma View Post
He saying that the AI is worst, not that is hard, and AI IS worst, they just spamming two attacks... And trials doesnt work... So its no challenge, challenge is Ultimate Marvel..
No. just no. Just because you guys can't do them, doesn't mean the trials 'doesn't work'. they are simply hard. Some require perfect execution. this is NOT marvel. you can't spam out your attacks without thinking, they have to be timed so that when the frame animation of the move is finished, you enter the next one flawlessly to continue your combo.

How hard are some combos? let me answer that with another question: you know how many frames there are in a second in street fighter? 60. you know how many frames of time you have to implement a link in the hardest combos in the game? 1. This means that the sweetspot for continuing that link is 1/60th of a second. I've done the trials multiple times, so I know that they do infact work, they are just hard.

Enjoy everything
Liad-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #9
TJWorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liad-88 View Post
No. just no. Just because you guys can't do them, doesn't mean the trials 'doesn't work'. they are simply hard. Some require perfect execution. this is NOT marvel. you can't spam out your attacks without thinking, they have to be timed so that when the frame animation of the move is finished, you enter the next one flawlessly to continue your combo.

How hard are some combos? let me answer that with another question: you know how many frames there are in a second in street fighter? 60. you know how many frames of time you have to implement a link in the hardest combos in the game? 1. This means that the sweetspot for continuing that link is 1/60th of a second.
This is along the lines of how I learned the path to fighting games (for Street Fighter at least.) Before SSFIV, the only fighting game I had ever played was Tekken 3 on PS1 (when I was seven.)When I first got SSFIV as I got the PS3 new, I used to think it was broken and traded it in. But after getting into hardcore and online gaming, and from getting into trophy hunting, I decided to try SSFIV again after MvC3.

Playing through it again, I realised something and learned a lesson between noob-friendly to hardcore game experience; STREET FIGHTER AIN'T NO COD SHIT.

SF has technicality to its gameplay and seriously refined to be difficult to learn. But once you get used to the mechanics and competitive experience, that's when you can start to truly enjoy it. Which is why you need time and patience to get into it. If you don't have either, then I don't know why picked it up if you barely had a clue about it in the first place.

Top Platinums : Dead Nation, Batman: Arkham Asylum, LittleBigPlanet, Rayman Origins, MvC3, Mirror's Edge, UMvC3, SSFIV
Working on : 3D Dot Game Heroes, SFxT, N.M.H, Rage

Last edited by TJWorks; 02-02-2012 at 06:37 PM.
TJWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #10
Info

Awards Showcase THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Also note that the timing in SF4 is much easier than it was in SF3.
Info is offline   Reply With Quote