New DLC: Impact mode

wonder

• 2 weeks later...

The new Impact mode is pretty fun. It's difficult, but fun.

Weapons are disabled and you only get 1 life. All you have is your boost and 3 starting bombs. Your boost remains active as long as you keep destroying things. If you go too long without hitting anything, your boost will stop and you will have to wait for it to recharge like normal. You can rack up some insane multipliers, but it goes down quickly (at a rate similar to when you die in the normal game) when you come out of your boost.

The game is setup similar to Endless mode with nukes and repeating waves of enemies, but the enemy patterns seem more structured and less randomized (at least in the beginning) than Endless mode. It gets really, REALLY intense when you start getting a bunch of enemies and asteroids on the screen.

I am loving this mode so much right now :dance:

• 4 months later...

Wonder why no trophies for Impact when all of the other Add-Ons all had trophy support for each expansion? HouseMarque are usually pretty good with this sort of thing.

Shame, pretty good expansion but honestly I'm quite happy it didn't ruin my 100% of SSD!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Does the complete pack include this DLC? It doesn't tell in the description what DLC's it includes :s

Edit: the DLC does not include the impact mode, but it includes the other 2 DLC's

I just bought the complete edition and it had all 3DLCs and the full game?