The Late Boomer Club (post stories)

Starrr

Welcome to the Elite thread of owners who actually got the late boomer trophy.. i FINALLY got min about 2 hours ago... and then spent another hour trying to get it for my cousin to no success. here is my story, post yours..

so finally after my 552th try, i got a lucky start for some reason the 2nd bomb ship literally landed on top of the first one and followed by the blue stuff that goes around the planet, well then some mines came along and BOOOOOOOOOOM GIEJFOIEMFEFM im sitting there looking at 4 bomb icon and i havent even used one. so i freak out and pause the game..lol literally got up and took a piss and like just cleared my thoughts or w/e.. i knew this was my chance, if i fucked up this time then im just doomed.. so i grab the 4 bomb icons and start dodging like crazy i kept going in a one direction on the side opposite of the black hole. and finally the bomb ship landed right next to me. i was close enough so i dropped a bomb and blew it up. and literally almost got owned as i grabbed my last icon and literally the second i got it i died and freaked out cause there was like a 5 second delay..lol

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how many times I tried (i'll add it when I get back to mine)

But starting on the wednesday I tried for 6 hours, trying to work out different strategies, all failed. Then onto Thursday another 6 hours straight on top of that, (I had to stop playing the game, due to extreme frustration and the fact everytime I closed my eyes all I could see were them little red enemies). Then onto Friday, by this time I'd worked out a strategy that would easily allow me to get 14 bombs all it relied upon was the next dropship landing perfectly into place 4 hours later I had about given up, it was my last go at it before picking up my daughter for the weekend, and bloody hell everything perfectly into place resulting in getting the award easily. What followed was a barrage of happy abuse directed at the game:D

EDIT: 389 Times played

Edited by Dark_Overlord

this was the hardest trophy of the game in my opinion. got it after about 600 trys then wondered why it took me so long. need more games with trophies now cleared sshd.

finally got mine after around 700 tries, gets to the point when your just careless and just want to get this stupid trophy over with. All it is is really dumb luck of how the drop ships drop. Same thing thou I look back and wonder why the hell did it take this long.

Yeah, it took me about 90 tries to do it. I waited intil 2 ships were out and then took them both out with one bomb. Part of that was luck. So after that I only had to blow up 2 more ships. But I don't see how it could have been done without waiting for at least two ships before you blow any up. It gets insanely hard to move around after a minute..

Edited by DeMattia4

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INdFiIP4K5Q]Late Boomer[/ame]

The one saying the third time is the charm is stupid. For me at least, the 551st time was the charm. I got 14 bombs without using any and moved on to dodge my way to the last ship and used a bomb to blow that up to get 15 bombs. So relieved now.

I fuckin got it JUST NOW! Whoooow!

191 tries.

I have to admit, this trophy is pure luck! The most intense moment was trying to get the last two and then dying a second after. I paused the game and waited for the trophy to show up and it did. Man my throat is hurting, I screamed so hard.

Alright, bring back the coop pack, devs.

Personally I etched a | mark into my arm with a knife everytime I blew up. Needless to say I needed a blood transfusion by the time I finally got it. ;)

I think a new arm might've done the job too lol. Personally, I'd rather carve "Crap" into someone elses arm every time I blew up :)

Finally got it like 5 min ago. Took me about 2.5 hours. It's not all luck guys. In the time i was trying, i kept getting better in dodging the rocks. This helped a lot. And you have to hope that when your 1st ship comes in the ring, the 2nd comes close to it. If that works (what happened a few times with me) you have to keep moving and dodging like crazy. No other way. Keep trying, dodge the rocks. From then it's just praying to God

Aah, i see hoe many times it took me. 195.... Damn, that sounds like a lot

Edited by pdb1513
Number of times it took me

• 2 weeks later...

It was 1:28 am when I got my Late Boomer trophy. I was frustrated because my job made me stay an extra 2 hours overtime that night. My stupid self decided to play SSHD and attempt to get Late Boomer. I don't know why I did that when that trophy frustrates me as well. But after a 20 or so tries, yes I've done the hundreds from other days, I finally got it! When I saw the message pop up that I got the trophy I was so excited! I didn't know what to do or say. After having a nerdgasm I lit up a cigarette, smiled, and just stared at the trophy I had just collected. What a perfect way to end that crappy day at work. Now all I need is the Shock and Awe and Shield Blaster (I know it's weird I haven't gotten Shield Blaster but i'm saving a fairly easy one for last). Oh and yes my name on here is Jogamer7 just like PSN but I don't play my games on jogamer7 anymore.

Youtube.com Search: joGamer7 (for some great gaming vids. I'm working on one right now that has taken me months and I will be done in a matter of days! Tune in)

Edited by jogamer7
showing signature

[10:30 PM] "Ok, let's get this over with."

[10:45 PM] "Hmm.. harder than I thought."

[11:00 PM] "... a lot harder than I thought."

[11:30 PM] "Wtf.. Ok, one more time."

[00:00 AM] "...................."

[01:00 AM] "OK ONE MORE F*CKING TIME."

[03:00 AM] "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

[04:00 AM] "No, Officer. I am not raping a baby koala in my apartment. Yes, I am sorry for the [inconvenience. Yes, I will try to keep it down from now on. I'm sorry."

[05:00 AM] "MOTHERF*C^$*&@*&$(@(@@!!!!"

[08:00 AM] ".....?"

[08:01 AM] ".......... ?!"

[08:02 AM] "F*CKING FINALLY YEEEAAAAAAHHHH"

[08:03 AM] <uninstall SSHD>

Edited by Aidan