Late Boomer is almost a Space Saga...

VladimirBy

I can only tell stories about frustration, hate and anger ... I hate this trophy! Didn't get it yet and I'm quite sure I never will.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=995&d=1270135273

i was sort of inspired by the Playzocke's phrase and made this book cover. if collect all the late boomer stories it would be enough to publish an epic book. :rolleyes:

p.s. Playzocke, no offence meant.

Prologue

Dreadnought190

...Oh, the memorize of inches away of almost throwing my controller down the floor causing my controller to break lol. I promised myself that I wouldn't break a controller 'cause of a trophy. I wouldn't wanna pay for another one, the ones I have are special to me. Got hundreds of trophies w/ them:D There were times I would go to sleep angry, fustrated, and stressed.:( I woke up after like 2 hours of sleep:eek: I decided "that's it I'm getting this f-ing trophy and I won't go to sleep until I f-ing got it!:mad: (S) LATE BOOMER I'M F-ING COMING TO YOU AND I'M BRINGING THE F-ING PAIN THAT YOU'VE NEVER FELT BEFORE AND IT'LL HAUNT YOU FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS!!!!!!">=D........whew I went a little crazy there for a second for some reason and just felt like posting that lol:p...

Edited by VladimirBy

Huh, I do admit that this trophy was completely ridiculous lol:p I like the image of the book cover though;) Looks pretty cool actually:) Oh, the memorize of inches away of almost throwing my controller down the floor causing my controller to break lol. I promised myself that I wouldn't break a controller 'cause of a trophy. I wouldn't wanna pay for another one, the ones I have are special to me. Got hundreds of trophies w/ them:D There were times I would go to sleep angry, fustrated, and stressed.:( I woke up after like 2 hours of sleep:eek: I decided "that's it I'm getting this f-ing trophy and I won't go to sleep until I f-ing got it!:mad: (S) LATE BOOMER I'M F-ING COMING TO YOU AND I'M BRINGING THE F-ING PAIN THAT YOU'VE NEVER FELT BEFORE AND IT'LL HAUNT YOU FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS!!!!!!">=D........whew I went a little crazy there for a second for some reason and just felt like posting that lol:p. I bet that would be a decent paragraph to put in a "Late Boomer: Tales of fustration and anger" novel lol. Ok:D

thanks for your funny story :) glad you won that trophy.

i was only gonna share the book cover, but maybe the idea of an improvised story book may work. i think your story is good for the prologue.

Hey you're welcome:D And thanks, I'm glad I got it too!:dance::D Thanks for putting the paragraph in that little prolgue. And I meant every word of it:p I'm also pretty somewhat decent at making essays at school, I've always done fairly well on them:D Cheers and good luck!:applause:

I didnt get angry but i tried for 2 hours this trophy & didnt got it because of just 1 bomb :(, lots of failed tries & tactics

I give up because imo this trophy isnt worth the effort just a Silver trophy? no thanks where is my platinum? ;)

good decision. if you feel ok with no 100% for this game, then don't even waste your time for that ridiculous trophy.

Hey you're welcome:D And thanks, I'm glad I got it too!:dance::D Thanks for putting the paragraph in that little prolgue. And I meant every word of it:p I'm also pretty somewhat decent at making essays at school, I've always done fairly well on them:D Cheers and good luck!:applause:

i've always been good at essays at school :)

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This trophy is like a virus that just keeps creeping upon meover and over again. The only one I have left for this game. Such pride in the rest of them and a constant reminder of one small shortcoming. Just enough to have the itch in the back of your mind just repeating "just a little closer and you can have it" followed by waves of "I'm not good enough and all the world hates me". Most tasks if they are far enough out of reach, you can put down with no real shame, because you were never that close anyway. It's like jumping and your goal is to reach the moon. Never happening, so no real tears. But to say, lose a race in the olympics by .001 seconds, to know if only you had tried just a tad harder, if only your reflexes were that much sharper- you could have one. I live in the .001 seconds of this game, because this trophy is always just out of reach. Someday I wil have you my friend. Someday I will notwear ths blanket of shame and proclaim that I too can sign the "got it" thread. But today is not someday...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I got this trophy but I will try to explain how to do. It is virtually impossible to do it every time but there is a method.

I don't have the game in front of me right now so this is all off the top of my head. It took me over 600 (yes, six hundred) attempts to get the 15 bombs so I can remember everything quite well. I would also like to point out that after I figured out the way to do it, it only took me like 20 goes to pull it off.

OK, first off the level is NOT random. The 2 waves of meteors and the wave of bombs will always fall where you are. You need a lot of luck because the nature of the level is hard but everything is generated based on where you are on the planet. So first you need to learn the patterns and timings of the waves.

The only thing that is random is the direction of the circled border of rocks that is generated at the very beginning. Also, every time the first bomber heads out of the circle, around the planet and back into the circle again. EVERY TIME. By the time the first bomber has made the journey back into the circle it is time for the second bomber to fall into play. This is also the same every time.

Also, you will see that gravity pulls the meteors towards your original spawn point, i.e. the position you were at when the level first started. This means that if you are on this point all of the meteors will attract that towards you. If you are on the opposite side of the planet all of the meteors will pull away from you, again towards that original point.

So,

1. Random circled border of rocks at the beginning. 1st Bomber does a lap back into this circle just in time for the 2nd bomber to fall.

2. Everything falls where you are

3. Gravity pulls towards your initial position

This is what you do:

1. When the border starts to draw at the beginning it makes one large flower shaped circle. Fly so you are just outside the circle on the border. Wait for the first two waves of meteors. Half of them will not attract to you, the other half need to be avoided as they all pull towards your initial position.

2. Watch which way the bomber goes.

3. Wait for the 3rd wave to start (mines) and fly in the direction of the bomber away from the circled border around the planet so you reach the opposite side of the circle. Do NOT follow the bomber in case one of the mines accidentally destroys it. The bomber will have travelled around the planet and be back inside the circle.

4. Fly inside the circle, and get in front of the bomber. The 2nd bomber will fall into this vicinity. This is where you need some luck. You need to destroy both bombers and all 4 barrels holding the power-ups with one of your bombs. If you just destroy the bombers and any barrels remain this is good enough as they will be destroyed by mines later. Collect whatever power-ups are available and fly back outside the circle to the opposite side of the planet to your original spawn point.

5. When you are at the right point of the planet let the blue rock border encircle you, this will protect you from the next few waves of mines and meteors. Keep in this position for as long as possible. Any passing bombers will be blown up by the mines and power-ups will float over to you. Don't use any of your bombs in this position unless you have 14 and there is a new bomber that can give definitely reward you with 2 bombs if you blow it up.

The hardest part of all this is staying alive inside the blue rock border as some meteors get trapped in with you and have to be avoided. You can hit pause to slow the action down and see where to go but then you are no better than this cheap bastard of a trophy!

Having a method which I could repeat every time is the only way I could get this trophy. Relying on luck is not the way to go and it shows as some members have been talking about struggling with this for months. Learn the waves and how the level is put together and you can eventually figure out a way to beat it.

And good luck. This is an absolute bastard of a trophy and I was relieved more than overjoyed to get it!

• 5 months later...