Late Boomer made easy

I had a hard time to get even close of getting 15 bombs in the Bomber game mode.

But then I discovered the following very easy and best of all repeatable strategy to have the chance of getting to 15 bombs in under 2 minutes every time you play this mode by following these steps.

You always start with 10 bombs and your goal by following this strategy is to only use 2 bombs while picking up 7 'Special' tokens to get 15 bombs in your possession.

1. This strategy only works if your first stardust bonus is a 'Special' (check in the lower right corner when you start), but I think in this game mode it's always a 'Special' as the first stardust bonus.

2. The first bomb ship deploys immediately, but don't use a bomb to destroy it yet. Instead just follow the ship around the planet and stay in front of it while dodging all incoming asteroids/mines.

3. After a short while a second bomb ship will drop close to your position but in a random direction to you. Now you want to bomb both the first and the second bomb ship using only one bomb, which gives you 4 'Special' tokens (13 bombs in your possession). IMPORTANT: try to pick up as much of the green stardust after your explosion as possible. The exact deployment position of the second bomb ship is the only thing that could ruin this strategy for you - if you don't manage to bomb both ships with one bomb start over.

4. Now keep dodging everything for around 30 seconds until the third bomb ship deploys around your position. Now don't use your bomb as soon as the bomb ship deploys. Instead wait 2-3 seconds because a lot of mines will drop down, so you should aim to take these out together with the bomb ship. Now you'll have 14 bombs.

5. The explosion should now give you enough green stardust to give you the 'Special' stardust bonus and you'll have 15 bombs!

Hope this helps other people struggling with this trophy :)

Edited by uncharted86

This trophy is super easy, you can use the method from SSHD without the complexity of having to be in certain spots of the planet for hazards to gravitate away from you. I explain in this video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I93VtfAXG1w&feature=channel_video_title]Super Stardust HD Late Boomber PS3 Silver Trophy Guide Strategy Commentary - YouTube[/ame]

This trophy is super easy, you can use the method from SSHD without the complexity of having to be in certain spots of the planet for hazards to gravitate away from you.
And then you show a video where he keeps telling you you have to go there and there :p

There's only one place in my strategy where you have to be in a certain place. And that is to get the second bomb ship to drop close to the first (but he does that in the video too). After that you can be wherever you want on the planet in my strategy, because the third ship will drop close to you no matter where you are.

Besides the HD version didn't have the green stardust bonuses so why not make use of it to get a free bomb? The strategy I posted gets you to 15 bombs faster and easier than your video.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I finally got this trophy (My last one for 100%) I did not get a special as my bonus, It gave me a shield that helped me stay alive waiting for the last ship. But what ever way you get it this game is 100 times easier then the hd version.

• 11 months later...
  • 6 years later...