Super Monkey Ball Advanced Challenge Mode Discussion!

This forum may be dead, but that's likely down to having no guide or general discussion area.

Post your stories about your advanced challenge mode here!

Last 3 nights for me:

Clay GonGon: 4-3, 4-9, 4-10, 5-4, 5-4, 5-7, 5-10..

I'm getting better every time, I really think i'm going to do this within a few days! Then it's down to learning every course and going for a no continue run.

Hardest levels or levels down to slight luck in my opinion involve:

1-10, 2-3, 3-8, 4-8, 4-10, 5-4, 5-7, 5-9, 5-10.

If I could get consistent on these levels i'm going to win.. and soon! :p

Got to Advanced 2-3 before losing. Lost maybe 10-15 lives on that alone. Don't feel like trying for a while

I think the best way to do that is literally just to go straight. You jump from one platform to the goal just like that! It does require some practice to get it right.

Also, if you havent been, be GonGon! ;)

Just got to 5-10 again.. Even got to 5-1 without continuing and 11 lives left, and still failed :(

Edited by Browneskiii

• 2 weeks later...

I just beat Advanced with no continues, I even had 5 lives left. No trophy, and I hate myself because I think I know why. On world 5 bonus stage, I had one banana left and the time ran out and as soon as it happened I had a bad feeling it wouldn't give me the trophy. When it says clear all stages with no continues, it must mean you have to get all bananas in all bonus stages as well. I got so lucky this time too, I cleared a lot of the world 5 stages in one try including the very last two stages which are usually the hardest for me.

Edit: Okay I just realized that it wouldn't have given me the trophy yet because I still haven't cleared Master without continues. Can anyone clarify for me if you need to get all bananas in the bonus stages to get the trophy?

Edited by Sqwv

I just beat Advanced with no continues, I even had 5 lives left. No trophy, and I hate myself because I think I know why. On world 5 bonus stage, I had one banana left and the time ran out and as soon as it happened I had a bad feeling it wouldn't give me the trophy. When it says clear all stages with no continues, it must mean you have to get all bananas in all bonus stages as well. I got so lucky this time too, I cleared a lot of the world 5 stages in one try including the very last two stages which are usually the hardest for me.

Edit: Okay I just realized that it wouldn't have given me the trophy yet because I still haven't cleared Master without continues. Can anyone clarify for me if you need to get all bananas in the bonus stages to get the trophy?

You need all banana's on everything including bonus stages. Same with the motion controls, need to do bonus stages too.

If you can do 5-9/5-10 in one try, well done you! you're well on the way towards the plat :p

You need all banana's on everything including bonus stages. Same with the motion controls, need to do bonus stages too.

If you can do 5-9/5-10 in one try, well done you! you're well on the way towards the plat :p

Maybe I wasn't clear, I already have the "Banana Master" trophy (getting all bananas on every stage), the only trophies I need now are "Super Monkey Master" trophy (clear all stages with no continues) and the "Motion Simian" one, I decided to do advanced with no continues first, cause I wanted to get the most difficult challenge out of the way first. I cleared it with no continues but I'm wondering if because I missed a banana on world 5 bonus if that means I didn't "clear" that stage and thus I won't get the "Super Monkey Master" trophy after clearing Beginner, Normal, and Master with no continues.

Maybe I wasn't clear, I already have the "Banana Master" trophy (getting all bananas on every stage), the only trophies I need now are "Super Monkey Master" trophy (clear all stages with no continues) and the "Motion Simian" one, I decided to do advanced with no continues first, cause I wanted to get the most difficult challenge out of the way first. I cleared it with no continues but I'm wondering if because I missed a banana on world 5 bonus if that means I didn't "clear" that stage and thus I won't get the "Super Monkey Master" trophy after clearing Beginner, Normal, and Master with no continues.

Oh, right, i get you now.

No, you don't need to get all banana's on the bonus courses to no continue a course. Just as long as you don't use a continue you're alright. :p