If you're going for trophies, AVOID this game

This game is way too hard when it comes to trophies. I loved SMB for iOS but this game is just way too hard once you get to the 2nd world in advanced. The mini games are ridiculous and way too tough. It's just not fun. I know this sounds like a rant but I'm just a bit annoyed with the whole continuing system. They should allow you to play every world one stage at a time because of how hard they get. I heard someone say you can platinum this game is 15 hours. Impossible.

This game is way too hard when it comes to trophies. I loved SMB for iOS but this game is just way too hard once you get to the 2nd world in advanced. The mini games are ridiculous and way too tough. It's just not fun. I know this sounds like a rant but I'm just a bit annoyed with the whole continuing system. They should allow you to play every world one stage at a time because of how hard they get. I heard someone say you can platinum this game is 15 hours. Impossible.

Yeah, it is rather disappointing. I'm stuck on the 3rd world in Advance myself. I think a 15 hour platinum is not this game! I was able to clear expert in mb1 and I cleared the ridiculously hard story mode in mb2, so idk why this game is so much harder!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Im in the same boat - stuck on advanced world 3, never mind it taking me ages just to get to there! So Stupidly difficult that it takes the fun out of the game :( Im pretty sure that ive already surpassed the ' 15 hour plat ' as well :L

Just keep at it!

I was the same way but just play through challenge mode until you hit a roadblock then go master it in practice mode and then go through challenge mode again.

I was having a hard time just with world 1 at first and slowly making my way through advanced, the whole time thinking "there's just no way I'll plat this". Eventually every level becomes more and more natural and today I ended up clearing advanced without using a continue and with 10 lives remaining for the platinum. Its just a game that requires alot of practice and persistance.

Edited by Yuripasu

Wow first of all well done with clearing it without any continues! :)

I know it is do-able because if others can do it then so can I, its just such a frustrating game at times, esp when you get the hang of it in practice and then try in challenge mode and still get stuck and think to yourself " ive just wasted all my time practicing these levels!"... still a real good game nonetheless but I just think that the '15 hour plat' is really pushing it.

To anyone stuck on this world like me, defo don't give up cause you will progress... Slowly! :)

• 1 month later...
Wow first of all well done with clearing it without any continues! :)

I know it is do-able because if others can do it then so can I, its just such a frustrating game at times, esp when you get the hang of it in practice and then try in challenge mode and still get stuck and think to yourself " ive just wasted all my time practicing these levels!"... still a real good game nonetheless but I just think that the '15 hour plat' is really pushing it.

To anyone stuck on this world like me, defo don't give up cause you will progress... Slowly! :)

I feel like it's a game that if you don't give up and practice a lot you will get the plat. But you do need to be good. Really it only took me about 10 days to get the plat with about 3-4 hours a day practice. Once you get used to all the levels it isnt too bad, but it's still 10/10 for difficulty :p

I know the odds of someone reading this are quite low but...

If you want 100%/platinum, then... yeah it's hard... but if you just want a cheap game that will give you a lot of trophies, this one is a pretty good deal.

I grabbed this in HMV for only £5 (new copy), after only 2 days I'd unlocked around 30 of the trophies, currently sitting at 37 and having just found out how awesome GonGon is, I think I might actually be able to beat advanced mode.

But for £5, there are far worse games out there which don't give you anywhere near as many trophies as this one does.

• 3 weeks later...

Urgh you got it for a fiver? I hadda pay £15 from Game but of course like always theyre the dearest place to go usually. Was it a closing down sale?

Sadly id moved on from this to finish off other vita games i had but now trying to get back into the swing of the game again, bad decision!! Id advise others not to do this cause its a sure way of getting frustrated at it!

Yeah is anyone else getting the feeling that next to no one is playing this game? It seems a shame cause its a really good game if you look beyond the ridiculous difficulties!