Continues?

So I've been playing this a decent amount and the furthest I've gotten was stage 4-4 in advanced mode. With 9 continues, that is. Does anyone know if there's any way to get any more continues? I heard you get unlimited continues after beating the advanced stages, but is there any way to get more continues prior to that? I got the nine I have from my first playthroughs of beginner and normal difficulty, but haven't gotten any more since.

Also, if I save after I get a game over, will it give me zero continues when I try again? I've been avoiding saving the game because I'm afraid I'll have to try it without any continues at all if I do.

I was also a bit scared about losing my continues when saving, but somehow I managed to overwrite my save anyway after getting game over.

Fortunately, I still had 9 continues the next time I tried, so the continues don't seem to disappear.

Perhaps if you have say 9 continues and 9 lives, it might revert back to 9 continues and 3 lives if you save, but I don't know.

Alright, it's nice to know I can save without losing my continues.

I got all the way to stage 4-10 last night with something like 3 continues left but that stage is just hell. I played it for half an hour in practice mode after that and still didn't beat once it in that time. It's not very often I give up on games but I think I'm about to call it quits on this plat. That trophy for clearing all stages with no continues just seems impossible.

I was also a bit scared about losing my continues when saving, but somehow I managed to overwrite my save anyway after getting game over.

Fortunately, I still had 9 continues the next time I tried, so the continues don't seem to disappear.

Perhaps if you have say 9 continues and 9 lives, it might revert back to 9 continues and 3 lives if you save, but I don't know.

Alright, it's nice to know I can save without losing my continues.

I got all the way to stage 4-10 last night with something like 3 continues left but that stage is just hell. I played it for half an hour in practice mode after that and still didn't beat once it in that time. It's not very often I give up on games but I think I'm about to call it quits on this plat. That trophy for clearing all stages with no continues just seems impossible.

If you have only cleared Beginner and Normal you only have 9 continues. As for losing lives, you only start with 3 at the beginning by default and there's no way to 1UP while progressing, lose all your continues, and keep your lives.

As for the rumor of getting unlimited after beating Advanced, I heard it was not for beating Advanced but instead for beating Master. You are guaranteed more continues after beating Advanced though.

• 1 month later...

As for the rumor of getting unlimited after beating Advanced, I heard it was not for beating Advanced but instead for beating Master. You are guaranteed more continues after beating Advanced though.

You get unlimited continues after beating advanced mode.