SMB Banana Splitz possible DLC?

(note: this is from an article that is 2 months old)

Source: Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz Getting Sonic Birthday DLC | The Sonic Stadium

Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz for PlayStation Vita is set to receive its first piece of downloadable content in Japan in a couple of days time. Publisher SEGA will be releasing a Sonic statue on June 23rd to use in the game’s stage creation mode to commemorate the blue hedgehog’s 21st Birthday. Hopefully this item will be released outside of Japan when the game hits the rest of the world in October.

While having a Sonic themed statue in stage creation mode of the NA/Eu versions of the game, I'm more interested in the fact the Japan version is getting DLC at all. Assuming it does hit NA/EU copies, does this open up the possibility of DLC for Banana Splitz? I could easily see them doing mini-packs of usable items for Creation Mode, and perhaps even Stage Packs featuring popular stages from previous franchise titles.

I'd have to do some research and see how sales of the game did in Japan, but I guess all we can really hope for at the moment is that the game is successful enough for Sega to consider DLC - I'd certainly buy some Stage Packs, but various items for Stage Creation seems like a pointless money-sink to me.

• 1 month later...

-Update-

Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz has DLC!

Complete DLC Bundle ($1.99) – All eight pieces of DLC for Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz in a single bundle! Each DLC pack enhances and adds to the custom Level Creator, allowing you to create all-new maps like never before. From super-challenging level pieces to giant Sonic statues, and even including a SEGA Genesis for the truly old school gamers, this bundle is the ultimate collection for fans of Super Monkey Ball!

-Update 2-

This was just up on Playstation's Blog.

Hey everyone, Aaron here from SEGA. If you, like me, are a gamer with fond memories of Super Monkey Ball (Did anyone else play hours of Monkey Target?), and if you’re a PS Vita owner, you’ll be thrilled to learn that Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz is out now!

If you’re new to the SMB scene, the game is a skill-based platformer at heart with over 100 unique levels, but is also packed with multiplayer mini-games that take advantage of the PS Vita features. For the first time ever in a Monkey Ball game, we’ve also included a custom level creator that uses the PS Vita camera! And yes, Monkey Target, SMB’s most beloved mini-game (and perhaps most hilarious drinking game) is back in all its glory.

Fans will recognize all the tried and true elements of SMB that you’ve come to love, along with multiple difficulty settings: easy, medium, hard, and oh-my-god-this-is-amazingly-ridiculous. Well, we actually just call the last one “advanced,” but it’s so difficult it’s sure to give you hours of challenge. I’d actually bet maybe one in a hundred of you could complete it. Challenge accepted?

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz is out now in stores and on PSN. We hope gamers of all ages will have a great time with it, both offline and on!

This is just the start of things for SMB on PS Vita, as I can reveal that we have eight different packs of DLC, all on their way to you in the very near future. The DLC packs will include a number of special additions to the Level Creator mode, from special floor pieces to a giant Sonic the Hedgehog statue! (See above.)

We’d love to hear your thoughts and comments, so hit us up below and I’ll do my best to answer all the SMB questions you guys may have. Thanks in advance!

Source: Bunches of Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz DLC Coming to PS Vita – PlayStation Blog

This has me a little confused...is this different than the Complete DLC Bundle, or was the Bundle more of a 'season pass' and only one piece is currently available?

-edit-

Based on some replies to comments to the blog post mentioned above in this post, apparently the DLC was accidentally put on the store last week, and is now 'officially' up at a discounted price of $0.40 for PS+ subscribers.

Edited by Bounty V